Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries
NYC - services for children with impairments?

MiracleMama

Post Fri, Dec 14 2012, 10:53 am
I'm trying to help out a friend, but I'm not in NY so I have no idea in what direction to point them. I'm not sure of the child's medical specifics but where does one start to get assistance for evaluations and therapy services? Either through the state or Jewish organizations? Any contact info appreciated. Thanks!

zigi

Post Fri, Dec 14 2012, 11:14 am
it depends on the age from zero to 3 its early intervention. step by step 718-633-6666
yeled vyalda 718-686-3700
jumpstart 718-853-9700

from 3-5 its cpse

yeled vyalda 718-686-3700
omni 718-998-1415

a lot of the agencies work all the way from 0-5 or more. when you call you voice your concerns about the child and they will tell where to go and what to do.

for older kids its through the board of ed. if its medical. you might have to go through drs. I found the number for www.beieinu.org its info for parents with special needs.

MiracleMama

Post Fri, Dec 14 2012, 3:02 pm
Thank you! Will pass the info along. Greatly appreciated.

Leora2

Post Sat, Jul 11 2015, 11:55 pm
In NYC call 311 and they will walk you through the process. Once process is started, remember you always have the right to change therapists/agencies/service coordinators if there's something you're uncomfortable with. You can pm for more info if you need. Good luck!

oliveoil

Post Sat, Jul 11 2015, 11:57 pm
Leora2 wrote:
In NYC call 311 and they will walk you through the process. Once process is started, remember you always have the right to change therapists/agencies/service coordinators if there's something you're uncomfortable with. You can pm for more info if you need. Good luck!

This thread is from 3 years ago. I'm sure she's figured it out by now.

It's really a good idea to look at the dates before posting.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries