Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
My shabbos robe is better than your shabbos robe
1  2  Next

greenfire

Post Sun, Dec 23 2012, 1:04 pm
my shabbos robe is better than your shabbos robe ... na na na na na Argue It wasnt me Not worthy

Not listening get a life ... or better yet some cozy pajamas ChillPill

Happy18

Post Sun, Dec 23 2012, 1:13 pm
Do people really compare robes?

solo

Post Sun, Dec 23 2012, 1:19 pm
Who wears robes anymore. Isn't it all about the maxi dress

Post Sun, Dec 23 2012, 1:20 pm
Happy18 wrote:

I think it is done. I think people compare houses, cars, jewelry, sheitals.

I will look to see if I am appropriate.

chocolate chips

Post Sun, Dec 23 2012, 8:06 pm
Its not robes anymore (sob sob) it is two pieces and "jumpers"
arrggghhh all I want is a NICE SHABBOS ROBE!!!!!

Happy18

Post Sun, Dec 23 2012, 8:49 pm
People need more important things to worry about.

acemom

Post Sun, Dec 23 2012, 8:56 pm
Is this another insider joke that I don't get? Every few days or maybe hours another "interesting" thread pops up, seemingly from the same several posters....

Just wondering....

naomi2

Post Sun, Dec 23 2012, 8:57 pm
I don't get this post. im guessing that it is reference to a comment on another thread? but still, I don't get the point.

b from nj

Post Sun, Dec 23 2012, 9:11 pm
Greenfire, is the point of this thread to make fun of the shabbos robe website www.razadesigns.com that I posted earlier? I am definitely a believer of living & let living. I personally happen to live in a community where shabbos robes are not the norm but I happen to enjoy wearing them & every once in a VERY blue moon I will treat myself to a new one. I posted that link incase anyone was interested in ordering from that company. For those who prefer to wear comfy sweats at the shabbos table, I say kol hakavod. Wear whatever makes you happy! There is really no need to poke fun at others who choose to wear a fancy robe at the shabbos table.

Cookies n Cream

Post Sun, Dec 23 2012, 9:24 pm
chocolate chips wrote:

I am lucky that my robe from 5 years ago still fits, because I can't find a one piece anymore. Crying

greenfire

Post Sun, Dec 23 2012, 9:34 pm
b from nj wrote:
Greenfire, is the point of this thread to make fun of the shabbos robe website www.razadesigns.com that I posted earlier? I am definitely a believer of living & let living. I personally happen to live in a community where shabbos robes are not the norm but I happen to enjoy wearing them & every once in a VERY blue moon I will treat myself to a new one. I posted that link incase anyone was interested in ordering from that company. For those who prefer to wear comfy sweats at the shabbos table, I say kol hakavod. Wear whatever makes you happy! There is really no need to poke fun at others who choose to wear a fancy robe at the shabbos table.

paranoid much ~ you're not the only one who posted a website for robes ... I'm mocking the idea not of the robe per se but everybody claiming a robe is the only way to go yet another poster was mocked for her robe saying it was insufficient as well - mocking no different than the pajamas ... I do not believe it was yours though ... nor was it you ...

yes live & let live - robe or no robe ... pjs or not

CatLady

Post Sun, Dec 23 2012, 9:42 pm
Hey!! Where's the love for yoga pants????? Shabbat is a day of rest, and yoga involves meditation, which is restful. And the waist is elastic, which can only be for good!!

b from nj

Post Sun, Dec 23 2012, 9:46 pm
greenfire wrote:
b from nj wrote:

paranoid much ~ you're not the only one who posted a website for robes ... I'm mocking the idea not of the robe per se but everybody claiming a robe is the only way to go yet another poster was mocked for her robe saying it was insufficient as well - mocking no different than the pajamas ... I do not believe it was yours though ... nor was it you ...

yes live & let live - robe or no robe ... pjs or not

No, I'm not paranoid actually but your post definitely struck me as one that was trying to mock the robe-wearers among us & the site I posted happened to be a very dressy robe site & probably one of the pricier robe websites out there too. I just did not appreciate the mocking tone of your post regardless of whether or not it was aimed at my or other posters links to robe websites. & as I mentioned although I personally do wear a robe, I don't claim that it is crucial attire for proper shabbos observance.

greenfire

Post Sun, Dec 23 2012, 10:21 pm
omg - how many ways do you want me to explain it ... I am ticked at those that mocked the robe another person who posted a website to her robe of choice yet that was still insufficient for some people ... don't care if one person wears a fancy shmancy shabbos robe or if the other wears a mumoo a housecoat or pajamas or goes stark naked

http://www.amazon.com/Only-Nec.....m_a_6

ironically I liked a few of the robes on your website ... I still have the choice whether or not I wish to wear one or pay exorbitant prices - even for a long gangster hoodie that someone else posted elsewhere

live & let live

Dolly Welsh

Post Sun, Dec 23 2012, 10:34 pm
Cookies n Cream wrote:
chocolate chips wrote:

I am lucky that my robe from 5 years ago still fits, because I can't find a one piece anymore. Crying

Here is one for $150, washable and dryable velvet. No, I don't own it.

http://www.razadesigns.com/gal.....=1558

This one is roomier, for the pg:

http://www.razadesigns.com/gal.....=1562

Last edited by Dolly Welsh on Sun, Dec 23 2012, 10:41 pm; edited 1 time in total

zaq

Post Sun, Dec 23 2012, 10:35 pm
Happy18 wrote:

The question is not "do people really compare robes?" but "Is there anything that people on this site will NOT compare?" Precious little, and then only because certain comparisons would violate the rules of the site and any such threads would be deleted immediately.

greenfire

Post Sun, Dec 23 2012, 10:38 pm
zaq - don't tempt me Twisted Evil

syrima

Post Mon, Dec 24 2012, 12:39 pm
my winter Shabbos robe is 12 years old and I still wear it and love it! Can anyone top that? Dancing

Shmerling

Post Mon, Dec 24 2012, 12:48 pm
Cookies n Cream wrote:
chocolate chips wrote:

The Lingerie Shop still sells plenty of nice one piece shabbos robes.

zaq

Post Mon, Dec 24 2012, 12:55 pm
syrima wrote:
my winter Shabbos robe is 12 years old and I still wear it and love it! Can anyone top that? Dancing

Oh, pshaw, so is mine. But I wore mine to two chassunahs and a fund-raising dinner before demoting it to Shabbos robe status. Can you top that?
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics