Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Preschoolers
Att all Lakewood imamothers re: playgroups

amother

Post Mon, Dec 24 2012, 4:20 pm
I am not originally from Lakewood and my son is now turing three. How does this whole playgroup thing work? It is so frustrating! I call one person who tells me that she is filled with siblings already for next year, one that is only going to know right before registration if she is full and one that refuses to even write down my name! Apparently in lakewood they can not take down names until the registration date. But then what? I need to be the first on that day to call her??? I am so frustrated and confused!
I do not just want to call a random place from a magazine, I got a few names from friends and family but they all seem to be full!
How am I supposed to go about this, I really need a great place for my son next year he is turning three in may...

small bean

Post Mon, Dec 24 2012, 4:27 pm
so I guess you are looking for what we call older 3's. what area are you looking in?

I personally was very happy every year, and I never sent to anyone who was full before the deadline.

Just because it was good for a friend, does not mean it will be good for your child.

There are many groups that will fill up right away, just because the morah has been around for a long time. Many teachers do not take names until the reg day. It does not mean you have to rush to call.

amother

Post Mon, Dec 24 2012, 4:28 pm
You have my full sympathy. It is a very hard system.

Yes, you probably have to just try to be the first one to call that day, and hope for the best. Either have some backups of less full morahs (masa u'mata is full of ads) or you can hope one of them will have room, or someone will move and things are opening up.

Now for my issue - are there _any_ playgroups in the BMG neighborhood that aren't on a Beis Faiga schedule and/or go from 9:20-2? I feel like if you're not a teacher with an available husband to do drop-off and pickup then you're out of luck around here. Any names would be welcome (looking for younger 3 & 18-24months)

studying_torah

Post Mon, Dec 24 2012, 4:33 pm
Both of my boys went to morah rochel klein in lawrence. I dont know if she has any room, but she is amazing!
If you can get your son into her class, do so. She is so warm, so caring about each child. She knows how to handle any type of child, in a way that is the best for that child- which most teachers cannot do. She brings out the best in each child.
However, she only has class till 1:30- its a pain, but to me, it was worthwhile.

amother

Post Mon, Dec 24 2012, 4:55 pm
Thank you so much for the name studying torah! The problem is is that my husband does not learn in Lakewood so he can not pick up the kids and I work... So I need at least until 2:15 and I would love extended hours...
To the amother above, I also need an 18-24 month as well as an older tree so I would appreciate names as well!

questioner

Post Mon, Dec 24 2012, 4:58 pm
amother wrote:
Thank you so much for the name studying torah! The problem is is that my husband does not learn in Lakewood so he can not pick up the kids and I work... So I need at least until 2:15 and I would love extended hours...
To the amother above, I also need an 18-24 month as well as an older tree so I would appreciate names as well!

What neighborhood?

amother

Post Mon, Dec 24 2012, 4:58 pm
small bean wrote:
so I guess you are looking for what we call older 3's. what area are you looking in?

I personally was very happy every year, and I never sent to anyone who was full before the deadline.

Just because it was good for a friend, does not mean it will be good for your child.

There are many groups that will fill up right away, just because the morah has been around for a long time. Many teachers do not take names until the reg day. It does not mean you have to rush to call.

Thanks for trying to help me. I live in coventry area so anywhere near there would be good
Thanks!

lkwdmommy

Post Mon, Dec 24 2012, 5:02 pm
I konow of a fantastic morah who does 18-24 months. She has hours from 9:15-2:15 however, she does do Bais Faiga schedule. Full disclosure, the morah is my DD - but she is terrific, warm experienced, etc. with many very happy refs. (2 former mothers who are therapists have sent several friends to her). PM me for further info, if interested. Located near Bais Aharon/Sholom and Princeton Ave B.M.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Preschoolers