Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers
Albany Area

amother

Post Thu, Jan 25 2007, 12:35 pm
After struggling and giving up a great job (gashmiyusdik) in a not so great place (ruchniyusdik) when I got married, I have struggled to find work anywhere "Jewish" in anything related to my technical field of expertise. I took time off after #1 was born (now almost 2 yrs), and since I started showing with #2, basically put off my search again until after the birth, iyh b'shaah tova.

My dh does not have conventionally marketable skills. we have struggled, been on medicaid, etc. We have few hopes to get something solid in the next couple years unless it comes from me.

So, I was contacted re: a great place for my skills, great pay, great benefits, great job security...it's a gov't contractor and they are much more willing to work with mothers who want to go part time, etc. bc they don't want high turnover.

So given all that mentioned above, is there some semblance of yiddishkeit in the albany area? If so, what do you know about it? (Don't worry I'm not only basing a decision to pursue this on your replies. My dh and I also have a close relationship with our rav whose advice we of course follow esp regarding such a major issue as this.)

Thank you.

mimsy7420

Post Thu, Jan 25 2007, 12:43 pm
There is a small community there. It was a few years ago, but I remember going to a kosher pizza place there. I don't know if it is still around. A kosher place means there must be a bit of demand for kosher food, which means JEWS!

Ima2NYM_LTR

Post Mon, Apr 23 2007, 7:23 pm
I know this answer is a bit late, but I live in Albany. If the original poster is still checking this thread, please feel free to PM me!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics