Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Car seat safety

amother

Post Mon, Jan 21 2013, 3:10 pm
we have a typical corolla type car, a small five seater, with one toddler carseat in the middle of the back. when my husband recently drove a family in the local area he had a teenage daughter balance herself on the carseat, since it was easier then dealing with the belts for the seat. Sad now I'm so afraid something might be off, like broken. We're not in the US and there is no way for me to get to a manufacturer, or even retailer to check the seat.. it was probably for no more then 15 minutes if that much, but I'm so nervous something inside might have been weakened, chas v'shalom. it is a REAlly great seat, that converts all the way down to a booster, I guess I could take it apart and check every inch for signs of stress....ugh. don't know what to do. (it goes up to 60lb I think, but this girl had to be a hundred at least....)

maybe since it's supposed to deal with high speeds, it really can handle more then 60lbs for a few minutes, otherwise how could it handle it if there was a problem, chas v'shalom, I don't know... Sad

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Mon, Jan 21 2013, 4:48 pm
How much does it go up to as a booster? Some go up to 125...

amother

Post Tue, Jan 22 2013, 3:51 am
Thanks for the thought! I'm a little better this morning. I'll look into it.

asp40

Post Tue, Jan 22 2013, 7:07 am
I think it is fine. I believe the weight limit is the limit that you can be strapped in and it will keep you safe. When my husband installs our car seats he uses his knees to force the seats and belts to go as tightly as possible and I believe the techs do this as well.

amother

Post Tue, Jan 22 2013, 10:44 am
that's true, I've seen that. it makes sense. I appreciate you taking the time to leave a message! phew!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics