Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise
Dieting
1  2  Next

mother of 2 princess's

Post Sun, May 08 2005, 5:34 pm
iv always been overweight but never like I am now. I am feeling soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo uncomfortable. half my clothes dont fit and I just feel horrilbe when I look in the mirror. after I had my first child I was the slimmest I have ever been but since I had my second which is 21 months now I have just been piling on the pounds everyday I wake up and say ok im starting a diet today

if I dont eat with the kids I end up not eating anything til supper unless my mum comes over for lunch which is usually once to twice a week. I cant be bothered just to make for myself. then we have a big 3 course supper and then I nosh after too.

just wondered if anyone could give me any good tips that are easy to make and what would be a good healthy things to eat during the day. I was thinking of going to see a freind who is a dietician but it might be a bit embarrasing because she may not take money from me

HELPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP!!!!!!!!!

I also would like to start trying for anouther baby soon but cant fall preg when im this big I just think ill be so uncomfortable. im always tired now with all this extra weight to lug around with.. but then I think all that hard work and then ill get big again being preg.

I do exercise twice a week for half an hour with a freind!!!

smile

Post Sun, May 08 2005, 5:41 pm
Drink a lot of water. I used to walk around the house with a bottle of water and drank the whole time. That was for me the best way to loose weight. Hatzlocho Rabo !!

IndyMom

Post Sun, May 08 2005, 9:09 pm
have a doctor check your thyroid too. That can get out of wack after having kids.

I know what you mean about feeling disgusting. I didnt feel liek myself after my first kid or second kid. It took a year after my second was born until I finally felt like a person again. I did weight watchers and it worked really well for me. I liked that thye had a list of foods in every catergory that you could munch on (like 95% fat free popcorn, oatmeal, veggies, fruit, diet pop, salmon) and so I nevr felt deprived. I didn't get skinny - but I got to a point where I felt comfortable. I like to cheat on diets but with weight watchers they give you these extra "points" taht allow you to cheat withoiut feeling like you cheated.

Anyway, good luck. Smile

supermom

Post Mon, May 09 2005, 2:38 am
after my second one was born I felt like a balloon that was over blown. I was so heavy from my pregnancy with both of my kids. I was depressed and all. after I stopped nursing my second I told my dh that halavai Hashem doesn't give us another baby until I loose all this weight. Would you know it Hashem did wait for me! I got pregnant six months later to our third. I went on a no carb diet and strictly cause I knew that I had to loose weight fast for my own health and if I would get pregnant I didn't want to be too out of shape. in to months time with a lot of excersising and dieting that way I lost a heaping fifty pounds. by the time I got pregnant I was almost the same weight as when we got married. If you are really devoted I think anything could happen.

Pearl

Post Tue, May 10 2005, 8:54 am
one thing I did when I went to weight watchers (worked really well for me then!) was I would brush my teeth at 8pm, because I don't like doing that, so I wouldn't eat because I wouldn't want to brush my teeth again!

good luck! I wish I could give you good tips, but am in the slump my self (still overweight Crying 13 months after giving birth the last time.......)

timeout

Post Tue, May 10 2005, 2:12 pm
If you have the time not like anyone of us does but I go to curves and it doesn't work miracles but it definitely gets my energy level up and I have lost some of my baby weight!

Good Luck

shoy18

Post Tue, May 10 2005, 2:24 pm
I was told by countless people who have lost wieght and they all say that no matter what diet your on or how much excersize you do, you should never eat past nine, and of course drink lots of water. Maybe try to eat a big lunch rather than waiting until dinner.

nomi

Post Tue, May 10 2005, 9:53 pm
Buy alot of fruits and vegetables, so you feel that you have to eat them before they go bad.
Prepare alot of them for eating , to keep in the fridge for when you want to nash later, or use them in preparing meals. Then it'll be so easy if you have them on hand.
Don't buy nash.
Buy interesting ingredients to try new salad recipes. Go for variety. Use no fat salad dressing, or just balsamic dressing with a bit of oil and water and salt.
When you have a coffee, or need sugar for your own portion of food, use a sweetener instead.
Hatzlacha!

mother of 2 princess's

Post Wed, May 11 2005, 8:15 am
well youll all be proud of me iv started a diet and been good this is my 3rd day!!!!!!!!!!

nomi

Post Wed, May 11 2005, 1:13 pm
That's terrific! Keep it up!

miriam

Post Wed, May 11 2005, 1:17 pm
Good for you Amanda. My advice to you is only keep healthy foods in the house. If there are only fruits and veggies around, you won't be tempted to eat anything bad for you. I think it's also a great season to start watching what you eat. There are some many fresh foods in the stores now.

Tefila

Post Wed, May 11 2005, 2:29 pm
Manda what diet are you on may I ask?

supermom

Post Wed, May 11 2005, 3:38 pm
did you loose anything yet?

Tefila

Post Wed, May 11 2005, 4:40 pm
Super it's only been 3 days 8)

supermom

Post Wed, May 11 2005, 4:59 pm
she could have still lost a 1/2 to 1/4 of a pound so far no?

mother of 2 princess's

Post Wed, May 11 2005, 5:40 pm
well I know its only been 3 days but everyday I say im starting a diet today and I havnt even been able to keep to a diet without breaking it for 1 day so nows the end of the first day and I havnt cheated yet!!!!!!!!!1

I havnt got a scales so im not weighing myself but I know ill feel when iv lost weight. the first week you can loose alot I remeber once when I was slimmer I lost 9lb on my first week because alot of it is water.

im basically trying to follow slimming world red day. but im not such a meat person. im trying to mainly eat white meat and fish.

and iv got what they call 10 sins a day so I have a low fat bag of crisps or a low calerie bar of chocolate which I keep til I go to bed because that my weekest time.

iv got my self into a very bad habit were I hardly eat all day and then eat loads for supper and after. but the weirdest thing is when I eat breakfast im hungry after.

nomi

Post Wed, May 11 2005, 6:45 pm
Read the book called "The G.I. Diet", by Rick Gallop. He was a former president for the heart and stroke foundation, and GI stands for glycemic index. It's a really great book that promotes a healthy lifestyle and not just a diet.

mom3boys

Post Thu, May 12 2005, 2:15 pm
The key to successful weight loss is planning. You have to know what you are eating and when. It sounds like a lot of work, but it is worth the time. You first have to sit down and plan your meals and your snacks, as well as some sort of a schedule. Than cook or prepare. If you planed to have a veggie plate as a snack, try cutting up your veggies ahead of time, so that when it is time to eat you can just grab it and eat.
This will take care of your cravings and give you some more control over your impulses.
Good luck Very Happy
Loosing weight is not easy, but you can do it. You gave birth to two children, if you can do that, you can do anything Wink

stem

Post Thu, May 12 2005, 3:04 pm
nomi wrote:
Read the book called "The G.I. Diet", by Rick Gallop. He was a former president for the heart and stroke foundation, and GI stands for glycemic index. It's a really great book that promotes a healthy lifestyle and not just a diet.

Glycemic index is the basis for the Southbeach Diet.

cr2005

Post Fri, Jun 10 2005, 2:11 am
HI well I had a similar issue, I had one baby after another and when my second baby was a year old I realized that Its about time I start taking care of myself enough is enough, but Im not the type of person who has a whole lot of self control. One day someone was telling me about a cleansing diet........and im not a diet person at all have never tried any of them.
Basically its juicing fruits and vegies all day as much as you want......but stay away from sweet fruits for ex. strawberries, melons but watermelon is fine I actually really like. For lunch you can have a big salad as much as you want, but don't put an oil when dressing the salad. For supper 1/2 a cup of brown rice with some protein tuna beans.
Its basically takes all the water out of your body.
I felt like a new person serious physically, emotionally.
The first time I did it was for 12 days it was really harder and took a lot of self control. The second time I tried it, it lasted 3 days and now im just staying off carbs, sugar and not eating after 8pm.
Plus you need to exercise 3 times of week preferably walking ( running if you want to not neccerealy but if you want go for it)
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise