Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Guests
WWYD - Woke up with stomach ache...

amother

Post Fri, Mar 01 2013, 12:37 am
Okay. Here goes. Last few days I've had a sore throat and I've been feeling a bit off-ish.

Last night (thurs) I was making food for shabbos - we're having guests. I made chicken, gefilte fish, kugels and dessert - a custard tart made with egg yolks... and a soft meringue topping made with egg whites. Both were cooked, although I'm not sure how hot they got.

I did eat the raw mixture ( embarrassed ) from everything, even the kugels.

I woke up this morning with a mild stomachache... feels like I have to go the whole time... (sorry tmi!)

Now, I still have the sore throat, and I'm wondering if maybe I'm sickening with the flu or something... in that case I've been careful with hygeine anyway... but what if it's something that has salmonella?

Should I throw out the custard tart? Should I serve it if I feel okay when shabbos comes in? At the moment it's a mild ache... I'm just worried everyone will get food poisoning! Am I being paranoid or is this a resonable fear? There's not enough time for my DH to taste test it!

vicki

Post Fri, Mar 01 2013, 1:18 am
I doubt it is salmonella, given you had some symptoms before you ate the raw mixture.
Also, except maybe with a mild case, you feel a whole lot worse with full blown salmonella. Trust me.
But whenever we go away or have company and one of us gets sick enough that we would have stayed home from school or work, we always call the other family to tell them and offer them the choice of continuing plans or ending them. If they were due to come to us, I offer to bring over food if it is late Thurs or Fri already.

Feel better.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics