Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Twins, Triplets, and more
A few questions for mommies of twins on products

mochacoffee

Post Mon, Mar 11 2013, 3:56 pm
Highchairs
My 6 month old twins just started solids and I'm looking for highchairs, any recommendations for good highchairs for new solid eaters that don't take up too much space? (preferably graco)

Pack n play
What type of pack n play is good for 2 babies now and for when they get older/heavier? Is 1 regular pack n play enough, is there an extra large one?

Thanks.

amother

Post Mon, Mar 11 2013, 4:15 pm
What's the purpose of the packnplay? Is it to contain them? Ur prob better of baby proofing or buying two play yards and putting them both together

mochacoffee

Post Tue, Mar 12 2013, 10:46 am
Yes to have somewhere for them to play that can contain them

rac429

Post Tue, Mar 12 2013, 10:56 am
I already had a single highchair from my older DD so I bought the FisherPrice Space saver (http://www.amazon.com/Fisher-Price-Space-Saver-Chair-Scatterbug/dp/B005IWM99K/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1363110752&sr=8-1&keywords=fisherprice+space+saver) because I didn't have room in my kitchen for two full highchairs. I have a friend with twins who were her first and she just bought two of these and finds that they work really well. In reference to the pack n plays to contain the kids I don't think that is what you are looking for. You may want to look into gating off a room so that the kids only play in that space. My kids have free reign of the first floor so they go in circles between the living room, dining room & kitchen. I am constantly cleaning up the floor so they don't put anything they are not supposed to in their mouths but I don't mind that part. I have babyproofed anything that they can hurt themselves on and put locks on all cabinets they can reach. I do have a drawer full of Tupperware that they love to open and take all the Tupperware out of. My babies just turned 1 so they are a little more mobile then yours are at this point.

Mirabelle

Post Tue, Mar 12 2013, 11:35 am
Pack and play isnt going to last long as a play area for them.

We got a play yard, something like this
http://www.target.com/p/summer.....77066

Miri7

Post Tue, Mar 12 2013, 12:36 pm
We used booster chairs that strapped into the chair. We found that this took up a lot less space and it was easy to feed two at the same time. I forgot the brand, but it came with a tray and a tray liner. We used one for milchig and one fleishig. We got a lot of use out of them - long past high chair stages.

DefyGravity

Post Tue, Mar 12 2013, 6:32 pm
We use the Graco spacesavers. As for a pack n play to contain them, my twins would not stay in it for long.

My friend has had success using one of those fence play areas for her singleton, and if you have the type of kids that don't mind being contained, that can work well. My kids never wanted to be trapped, so that wouldn't work for us. But it works for my friend's daughter.

mochacoffee

Post Wed, Mar 13 2013, 8:05 am
Thank you!

amother

Post Wed, Mar 13 2013, 9:12 am
I love my Graco DuoDiner highchair. It's not the smallest in terms of size but it moves very easily, has some great features and the seat can separate to become a booster seat. My baby likes to sit in it, even just to play sometimes.

rzab

Post Tue, Mar 19 2013, 8:14 am
We got the graco space savers for our twins.
They really only take up the space of the chair and they are very sturdy. They are also easy to clean.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Twins, Triplets, and more