Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
Banging head

amother

Post Thu, Feb 15 2007, 7:03 am
my 9 month old is always pulling himself up and walking round the furniture etc...
prob is he fals and bangs his head sometimes worse than others sometimes even he bangs it on something else so itas pretty bad.
I try to whatch him as much as poss when hes climbing around but a. it happens realy fast I have to mamash ready with my hands out to stop him and b. I cant be right behind him the whole time! he playes while I do stuff and there is no stoping him getting around.

my question is can it do damage? he cryes then its over.. sometmes theres a mark but im worried it can affect him long term..
what to you think? his brain is so soft now no?

cindy324

Post Thu, Feb 15 2007, 12:03 pm
First off, his brain is fine, and his skull , has a soft spot that usually closes up by the time they're a year old, but more often than not, it's closed by 9 months, too. even so, they're pretty tough.

As long as he stops crying within a few minutes, and acts normal, not sleepy or lethargic and listless, he's fine.

amother

Post Thu, Feb 15 2007, 12:51 pm
amother wrote:
my 9 month old is always pulling himself up and walking round the furniture etc...
prob is he fals and bangs his head sometimes worse than others sometimes even he bangs it on something else so itas pretty bad.
I try to whatch him as much as poss when hes climbing around but a. it happens realy fast I have to mamash ready with my hands out to stop him and b. I cant be right behind him the whole time! he playes while I do stuff and there is no stoping him getting around.

my question is can it do damage? he cryes then its over.. sometmes theres a mark but im worried it can affect him long term..
what to you think? his brain is so soft now no?

LOL, did I (or rather DH Wink ) write this post? I also have a 9 month old and a few weeks ago started getting up, cruising around and FALLING! and my DH would get all hysterical, why I'm not watching him better, and I'm like totally not worried cause thats how they learn. He is not falling from high places and I dont have stone floors. He usually cries a little and then he's fine. He never got a bump from it yet. You cant keep a kid locked up in the play pen all day nor can he wear a helmet all day!

amother

Post Thu, Feb 15 2007, 3:00 pm
thats so funny cuz dh gets all mad at me too! im like what do you want from me I cant be a inch behind him the whole day! hes so fast!

dewyt

Post Thu, Feb 15 2007, 3:20 pm
my son just fell today at the babysitter (so weird I was gonna write my own post) hes almost one (the day after purim iyh) and BOY DID HE COME HOME WITH A BUMP and a bruise!!! I just came home from the doctor and he said its fine, although the bruise might last for 3 weeks. Dont worry its a normal part of their learning process, he just started walking this week so I thought it might happen! shock
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics