Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
I'm a Fashion Designer and Fashion Stylist - Ask me Anything
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next

What is your body type?
Pear  
 41%  [ 59 ]
Hourglass  
 40%  [ 58 ]
Apple  
 10%  [ 15 ]
Rectangular  
 7%  [ 11 ]
Total Votes : 143

amother

Post Sun, Apr 28 2013, 1:38 pm
smss wrote:
chanchy123 wrote:
amother wrote:
amother wrote:
Hi, Im so excited ur doing this! Im 5'7" and weigh 115. My busts r a 34b. I go very well dressed all the time but I spend a fortune on clothing... I dont really know how to pair up clothing by myself ex. Shop at malls... and dont know what to look for. (I mostly shop in yiddish stores and nothing is below 500-600 dollars or I try to stick to brand names which I know have nice stuff) I was wondering if u can help guide me to websites and stores that r a bit cheaper andhelp me figure out what to go for. I was also wondering if u knew where I can find cute tops to wear with my slinky skirts for home.
Thanks in advance!

I think I should start learning Yidish! Very Happy Oy vavoy!

Buying designers clothing is safe but not always 'satisfaction guaranteed'. Knowing your body type will make you calmer before shopping and it will help you to find the best pieces and color combination.

To pair clothing you have to pair colors. Do you prefer light or darker tones?

If you know your body type and which colors make you feel happy that will help a lot.

Regarding the websites... if you wear tzinius, it's difficult... like... a matter of luck to find pieces that cover what we want to be covered. Perhaps you could combine a maxi dress with a 3/4 sleeve top?

If the idea attracts you, I would recomend Nordstrom website. On the left side you'll find the "filter" that will help you to find exactly the dress (or other garment) you want. http://shop.nordstrom.com/c/wo.....ftnav

Michael Kors also has a few maxis: http://www.michaelkors.com/sea.....82133

Regarding tops... you means 3/4 sleeve or jackets? I like http://www.poshtop.com/

For jackets, you have to tell me more about your body type. Each body type requires a different type and length of jacket.

Good luck!

Sorry to hijack - but who in her right mind would spend over $2000 on this?!?!
http://www.michaelkors.com/p/M.....82133

OMG!!! it's actually almost $3000. its the ugliest thing I have ever seen.

Hahahahahaha Very Happy

Actually, the price is due to 3 facts:
1. trend
2. sewing construction
3. fabric (I'm sure it's not polyester)

Just a curious fact: Kete Middleton's wedding dress cost sort of US$500.000 because of the fabric... and also because it was sewed by hand... but the fabric plays a huuuuuuuuuge role in the price.

amother

Post Sun, Apr 28 2013, 1:42 pm
amother wrote:
I only got the word "pouch" and my mind took over all the idea from there haha
Ok, hope the tips helped any Apple out there.

REMINDER FOR APPLES: WEAR DRAPES.

There's a designer at Nordstrom website "Adrianna Papell", her dresses give beautiful ideas for drapes. If you like one, just print the picture and take it to your seamstress. Ask her if there's any way to make the dress tzinius (adding sleeves) or if she can make one like the one tzinius version from the dress pictured.

Ok, my slim friend (Besha'a Tova!!!), if you know a nice place to buy fabric and has a nice seamstress, and since we're talking about Adrianna Papell... perhaps a style lose on top would help?
http://shop.nordstrom.com/S/ad.....=5919

A very simple lace idea for tall women http://shop.nordstrom.com/S/ad.....=2995 (I avoid wearing black or navy blue for weddings...)

If there was a tzinius version of this, I'm sure it would be a hit because the waisline is "up" and a beautifull fall comes from it, drapped till the feet: http://shop.nordstrom.com/S/ad.....=6470

Ok, leaving to work!

Shabbat Shalom and 'til next week! Very Happy

I am here again Wink thank you for your patience with me.
I went to this site you posted http://www.sheknows.com/beauty.....type.
According to this I am more a Rectangle body shape
I am small on top and well reading it again maybe a combo apple/rectangle?
I need a gown to fit me any suggestions?

amother

Post Sun, Apr 28 2013, 6:57 pm
amother wrote:
amother wrote:
I am pear shaped, small on top, very very wide on bottom. Everything makes me look fat.

Would I look good in a maxi dress?

http://oldnavy.gap.com/browse/.....90022

I do understand you.

The dresses/skirts make you look bigger because of their waistline. Pears have tiny waistlines... a regular Pear has 2 sizes in body. For example, she might be size 6 on top and 8 on bottom... and so on. Because of that, she usually buys a size 8 dress, which has a size 8 waist and... end up with extra fabric that gives the larger impression.

Personally, I think maxi dresses make some Pears look larger than what they are... the fabric falls from the hips down and leaves the impression that the legs of the Pear woman are also large... I understand a maxi is way more comfortable than a knee length dress/skirt but... well... let me know what you think.

The best way for you to know is to try this maxi and see for yourself.

I recommend a fake wrap for Pears with small bust line like this one http://www.shoplesnouvelles.co......html (although the model is Rectangle , this style of flared dress looks really beautiful in a Pear)

It is nearly impossible to find tznius dresses with defined waistlines. I hope you will carry them!

amother

Post Sun, Apr 28 2013, 7:09 pm
amother wrote:
amother wrote:
I only got the word "pouch" and my mind took over all the idea from there haha
Ok, hope the tips helped any Apple out there.

REMINDER FOR APPLES: WEAR DRAPES.

There's a designer at Nordstrom website "Adrianna Papell", her dresses give beautiful ideas for drapes. If you like one, just print the picture and take it to your seamstress. Ask her if there's any way to make the dress tzinius (adding sleeves) or if she can make one like the one tzinius version from the dress pictured.

Ok, my slim friend (Besha'a Tova!!!), if you know a nice place to buy fabric and has a nice seamstress, and since we're talking about Adrianna Papell... perhaps a style lose on top would help?
http://shop.nordstrom.com/S/ad.....=5919

A very simple lace idea for tall women http://shop.nordstrom.com/S/ad.....=2995 (I avoid wearing black or navy blue for weddings...)

If there was a tzinius version of this, I'm sure it would be a hit because the waisline is "up" and a beautifull fall comes from it, drapped till the feet: http://shop.nordstrom.com/S/ad.....=6470

Ok, leaving to work!

Shabbat Shalom and 'til next week! Very Happy

I am here again Wink thank you for your patience with me.
I went to this site you posted http://www.sheknows.com/beauty.....type.
According to this I am more a Rectangle body shape
I am small on top and well reading it again maybe a combo apple/rectangle?
I need a gown to fit me any suggestions?

Yes. I'm checking some sites and will post a few links to suggestions. Do you intend to buy a dress or to have it made by a seamstress? If you intend to have it made, I can suggest a few fabric options. Let me know if the wedding will be during the day or evening.

amother

Post Sun, Apr 28 2013, 7:24 pm
amother wrote:
amother wrote:
amother wrote:
I am pear shaped, small on top, very very wide on bottom. Everything makes me look fat.

Would I look good in a maxi dress?

http://oldnavy.gap.com/browse/.....90022

I do understand you.

The dresses/skirts make you look bigger because of their waistline. Pears have tiny waistlines... a regular Pear has 2 sizes in body. For example, she might be size 6 on top and 8 on bottom... and so on. Because of that, she usually buys a size 8 dress, which has a size 8 waist and... end up with extra fabric that gives the larger impression.

Personally, I think maxi dresses make some Pears look larger than what they are... the fabric falls from the hips down and leaves the impression that the legs of the Pear woman are also large... I understand a maxi is way more comfortable than a knee length dress/skirt but... well... let me know what you think.

The best way for you to know is to try this maxi and see for yourself.

I recommend a fake wrap for Pears with small bust line like this one http://www.shoplesnouvelles.co......html (although the model is Rectangle , this style of flared dress looks really beautiful in a Pear)

It is nearly impossible to find tznius dresses with defined waistlines. I hope you will carry them!

I do understand you. It's very, very difficult to find a dress that fits a Pear perfectly. Once I had a client, a very young girl who told me she was size 14 ... I told her she was size 8 and she got angry at me shock I mean, super, super angry shock

Then after a long talk she was able to understand that she was actually a Pear shaped girl who was wearing skirts that were bigger than her "top" size. She was really a size 8 for tops and a 10 for skirts. Somehow she got a size 14 from her mother's wardrobe, felt comfortable with it (all skirts she was buying for herself were size 8 and didn't fit her) and this information stick to her mind. Then, she was buying everything size 14...

The story had a very happy end. She understood her body type, was happy with it and we had a very good shopping experience. She was super happy and this happiness increased her confidence and then she was pretty inside and outside Smile

I have a prototype of fake wrap and will make a few tests on some Pear friends soon (they don't know it yet hahaha) wish me luck to convince them on participating of the... "fashion experience" Wink

At the moment I carry a full flared dress in 3 colors, only bust and waist line are required. There's no need to measure hip lines because the flares are really rich. That's what differs a Flared from an A-Line: the amount of fabric.

Ok, back to my prototypes Smile

See you later Cool

amother

Post Sun, Apr 28 2013, 9:14 pm
Hi, I'm really enjoying this thread, thanks so much!

I'm a pear shaped, my measurements are 33 bust, 30 waist and 44 hips. I have an impossible time buying skirts, I literally have 1 skirt, it's ridiculous embarrassed
I would love to sew up a couple of skirts but I have no idea what could look good on me. I went to an excellent fabric store with a loyal clientele and she drew a pattern and sold me fabric. I spent so much money on the fabric and dressmaker and yet it looks TERRIBLE, I cant wear it.(The skirt is straight with an overskirt on top- the front is open, I just look bad....)
I really need some skirt suggestions as I am desperate. Can you link some ideas? Also what can I wear for a simcha I'm clueless.
Tizku Lamitzvos!!

amother

Post Sun, Apr 28 2013, 9:40 pm
amother wrote:
amother wrote:
I'm loving this thread! Thanks for starting it and offering your advice to all of us here:)

I think I'm an hourglass with a little bit of an apple. I'm 5'3" and abt size 12. What can I wear that will make me look good and take away from the 'short-fat' look? Thanks!!

Hello my dear Hourglass with a secondary Apple shape,

I am happy to offer some advises and hope they'll be useful for anyone. Although my posts are very brief (hahahaha yes, they are... when first meeting a client, we usually talk for 2 hours just to get to a mutual understanding of what to do) I do hope they'll be useful.

Ok, I'll offer a few options that usually goes good for a Petite Hourglass and you'll let me know if it works for you. Before, please read the general guideline for Hourglass and Apple that I posted since the first page of this thread. In general:
1. Skirts/dresses that cover the knee define the shape of an Hourglass
2. Pencil skirts (avoid the "rectangle" skirts, they're good for Pears)
3. Tops that reach your hipbones or even the hip line, it makes your figure look longer
4 STRUCTURED TAILORED JACKETS, meaning, a fitted jacket that has a curve at the waistline and is "solid", firm... hmmm... if you have doubt about this tip, just let me know. (a fitted cardigan is also a great option and it takes the attention away from your mid-section).
5. Let the jacket open, it will slim your figure
6. Lower waist line on dresses and even skirts.
7. Fit and flare skirt, it will show your beautiful hip curve, make a "pencil" shape at your knees and open in a beautiful flare, which is always super comfortable when walking fast
8. Prints. Prints. Prints. They're beautiful and distribute the attention... meaning, solid colors may look safer but they're not. They grab way more attention to body curves than prints. Using prints, the attention will shared between body and fabric... wearing solid colors, the attention is given ONLY to the body... unless it's a luxurious fabric... but if you're wearing casual clothes, go for prints. If you're not so used to them, start simple, give baby steps: darker tones and small patterns. Big patterns prints are great for Petites who have a Rectangle body type, for Petites Hourglasses/Apples, small prints are the best.
9. Drapes. A wrap or fake wrap dress that has some drapes at waistline are good.
10. A V-neck will elongate your neck... or a big necklace in V or U shape.
11. Fabrics with texture
12. Trapeze silhouetes... do you like empire waist? Long empire-waist dresses make women look taller...

And the most important of all: Stand straight Smile
Posture is a huge friend. Sit down and walk straight. Back bones tall and high. We breath better, the body functions better... keeping a good posture is always a good idea.

Hope that helped.

Thanks so much!! I'm looking through my wardrobe and some things I do already, pencil skirts, hip length tops, vnecks.

Can you show me some examples of the bolded - structured tailored jackets, not sure what you mean. I do not own anything with prints, though I would love to try it out. Can you show me some examples that you think would look good on an hourglass/apple?

Thanks!!

And if you're ever in NJ, I'd definitely hire you to take me shopping!

amother

Post Sun, Apr 28 2013, 9:49 pm
DrMom wrote:
I am wondering if you have ever been to Israel and if so, can you comment on the fashion scene (for frum women, that is) there?

Hi there my dear Israeli detective haha

I lived in Jerusalem for 1 year and 1 month! It was a great experience. I lived in a neighborhood called Har Nof, it's close to the Jerusalem forest. Most population is American. I just loved it. Since then, I visit Israel always when it's possible.

The Israeli fashion scene is truly unique... I've traveled quite a bit and no matter where I'm, I can recognize an Israeli design just laying the eyes on it. The Israeli designs are creative, daring, they're not afraid of using lots of fabric to create drapes and long garments... there's a little of a hippie style to it... lots of jeans, dark and light colors, different shapes, lots of layering, pieces that takes at least a few seconds to understand its garment construction... I love them all! Specially the skirts... some have so many seams, folds, once I even saw a skirt that had at the hem was sewn as a pant, with 2 holes for the feet... it was a skirt/pant... hope the lady who was wearing it didn't notice me stalking her feet, but I had to do it to understand the garment. Israeli fashion is really, really creative... they really don't care about parameters, limits, laws... whatever looks cool, they wear without any concern. They have a certain freedom... and they use it to experiment the new.

Now, the fashion for frum women: it reminds me a bit the stories about old Scotland where it was able to identify where a man was from just looking at the patterns of his kilt.

The Zionist girls wear long hippy styles... lots of layering... specially since the "tunic" trend took over. I'm not sure how they keep up with the Summer. It has an interesting beautiful look, but does not seem to be very practical... I wonder... wear a maxi skirt, a long sleeved top and the big tunic to cover it all... never asked them it it's for tzinius or fashion reasons they wear such interesting garment.

The Zionist women wear big shapes, interesting skirts, interesting patterns and embellishments. Lots, lots of denim.

The Chassidish ladies wear... the same clothes Chassidish ladies wear worldwide.

All in all, while living in Jerusalem I missed strong warm colors. Most colorful garments are light colored. Once I found a strong yellow t-shirt at the mall and bought it right away just because it had a strong color. I don't know if it's for tznius reasons that the stores only carry light colors because I couldn't find easily strong dies in other cities outside Jerusalem either. Even in Tel Aviv I had difficulty to find a strong blue, a radiant pink etc.

That caught my attention because Israel is a hot country. Usually hot weather stimulates a population to wear bright colors.

Now, what I really used to love looking at was the tichuls arrangements. Some were really art pieces. The brading, the over layering, the pins, the colors... that is really a beautiful thing to see.

amother

Post Sun, Apr 28 2013, 10:36 pm
amother wrote:
Hi, I'm really enjoying this thread, thanks so much!

I'm a pear shaped, my measurements are 33 bust, 30 waist and 44 hips. I have an impossible time buying skirts, I literally have 1 skirt, it's ridiculous embarrassed
I would love to sew up a couple of skirts but I have no idea what could look good on me. I went to an excellent fabric store with a loyal clientele and she drew a pattern and sold me fabric. I spent so much money on the fabric and dressmaker and yet it looks TERRIBLE, I cant wear it.(The skirt is straight with an overskirt on top- the front is open, I just look bad....)
I really need some skirt suggestions as I am desperate. Can you link some ideas? Also what can I wear for a simcha I'm clueless.
Tizku Lamitzvos!!

My dear Pear... be happy. You have such a lovely and beautiful body type and now that you're getting more tips on how to deal with your wonderful shape, your shopping experience will be way easier.

Let's divide your points in order to keep track on all your considerations:

1. One skirt only: It's a normal situation for adorable Pears. There's probably a difference in 2 sizes between your waist and hip measurement. For example, if your waist demands a skirt size 14, your hips will demand a size 16 or 18. Then, if you buy the size 16, there will be extra fabric at the waistline.

My recommendation: buy the skirt that fit better your hip line and have it altered by a professional. By saying professional I mean: a company, not a seamstress... unless you know a seamstress with very good references. Why? Because altering a waist line requires a bit of work. If the skirt has not waistband, it's an easy job, but if the skirt has the waistband... detaching it for the alteration takes a bit of skills. Also, it's easier to make alterations on skirts that have back zipper. Side zippers are challenging when working with waistbands...

Have you ever considered taking sewing classes? It can save you a lot of money, bring great personal satisfaction, develop your creativity and you can solve the problems of many beautiful Pear ladies where you live Smile

2) The fabric you bought: I am sure you have an amazing taste and the fabric is gorgeous.

3) Who drew the pattern? The fabric store employee? How long did it take her to do it? Did you do a fitting in a "mock skirt" made of muslim fabric? Did she sell you the pattern without making a fitting test? Did she let you talk all your concerns and explain in details what you wanted? shock

4) "(The skirt is straight with an overskirt on top- the front is open, I just look bad....)" - I'm literally giving a big and slow breath while reading this sentence... now I'm covering my face with both hands... now I'm breathing deeply again... ok... finally I recovered my Spirit and can speak again:

An amazing Pear shape woman, who is blessed by Hashem with amazing curves feel much better when wear simple skirts. It distributes the attention given to her body, it brings harmony to the observer and she, the amazing Pear, feels more confident because she knows that her whole figure is being observed, not only her hip line.

A knee length straight skirt is a good option for Pears. And the good part of the sentence finish there. No over skirt should be on top of it. An overskirt will just increase the measurement of the hip line and if the front of the skirt is open... it will look even look larger when walking... oy vavoy... I wish I could speak Yidish right now since this language has so many unique expressions...

If you can put this skirt on top of a table, take a picture and send it to me, maybe I can suggest something. It is a beautiful fabric and we all want it to be put to good use.

5) Skirt suggestions: Please go back a few pages and read through all guidelines I've posted for Pears. You'll find important considerations, for example: beautiful Pears should increase the details of their tops (pleats, embellishments, larger lapels, shiny details, studs etc.) and keep the skirts simple. Some suggestions for skirts are: A-Line, Flared, Straight. Avoid pencil skirts. You can use a more fitted skirt, just be careful if the "in" of the side seams of the pencil skirt is too evident. Pencils are good for Hourglasses. Avoid pepluns.

6) "Can you link some ideas?" - Yes, I can! Very Happy
http://www.dummies.com/how-to/......html
http://www.channel4.com/4beaut.....hapes
http://www.dellasuza.com/category-s/537.htm
http://www.insideoutstyleblog.......html

7) What to wear for a simcha: With all these guidelines, I bet now you know what to wear! Very Happy

Hope that helped.

amother

Post Sun, Apr 28 2013, 10:49 pm
amother wrote:
amother wrote:
amother wrote:
I'm loving this thread! Thanks for starting it and offering your advice to all of us here:)

I think I'm an hourglass with a little bit of an apple. I'm 5'3" and abt size 12. What can I wear that will make me look good and take away from the 'short-fat' look? Thanks!!

Hello my dear Hourglass with a secondary Apple shape,

I am happy to offer some advises and hope they'll be useful for anyone. Although my posts are very brief (hahahaha yes, they are... when first meeting a client, we usually talk for 2 hours just to get to a mutual understanding of what to do) I do hope they'll be useful.

Ok, I'll offer a few options that usually goes good for a Petite Hourglass and you'll let me know if it works for you. Before, please read the general guideline for Hourglass and Apple that I posted since the first page of this thread. In general:
1. Skirts/dresses that cover the knee define the shape of an Hourglass
2. Pencil skirts (avoid the "rectangle" skirts, they're good for Pears)
3. Tops that reach your hipbones or even the hip line, it makes your figure look longer
4 STRUCTURED TAILORED JACKETS, meaning, a fitted jacket that has a curve at the waistline and is "solid", firm... hmmm... if you have doubt about this tip, just let me know. (a fitted cardigan is also a great option and it takes the attention away from your mid-section).
5. Let the jacket open, it will slim your figure
6. Lower waist line on dresses and even skirts.
7. Fit and flare skirt, it will show your beautiful hip curve, make a "pencil" shape at your knees and open in a beautiful flare, which is always super comfortable when walking fast
8. Prints. Prints. Prints. They're beautiful and distribute the attention... meaning, solid colors may look safer but they're not. They grab way more attention to body curves than prints. Using prints, the attention will shared between body and fabric... wearing solid colors, the attention is given ONLY to the body... unless it's a luxurious fabric... but if you're wearing casual clothes, go for prints. If you're not so used to them, start simple, give baby steps: darker tones and small patterns. Big patterns prints are great for Petites who have a Rectangle body type, for Petites Hourglasses/Apples, small prints are the best.
9. Drapes. A wrap or fake wrap dress that has some drapes at waistline are good.
10. A V-neck will elongate your neck... or a big necklace in V or U shape.
11. Fabrics with texture
12. Trapeze silhouetes... do you like empire waist? Long empire-waist dresses make women look taller...

And the most important of all: Stand straight Smile
Posture is a huge friend. Sit down and walk straight. Back bones tall and high. We breath better, the body functions better... keeping a good posture is always a good idea.

Hope that helped.

Thanks so much!! I'm looking through my wardrobe and some things I do already, pencil skirts, hip length tops, vnecks.

Can you show me some examples of the bolded - structured tailored jackets, not sure what you mean. I do not own anything with prints, though I would love to try it out. Can you show me some examples that you think would look good on an hourglass/apple?

Thanks!!

And if you're ever in NJ, I'd definitely hire you to take me shopping!

Thank you! I'm sure we'd have a wonderful time in NJ. I have a GPS, can't get lost with that haha

Fitted or tailored suit/jacket (notice the curve at waist line):

http://shop.nordstrom.com/S/sa.....k=363

http://shop.nordstrom.com/S/st.....=1997

http://shop.nordstrom.com/S/st.....=3230

What not to wear:
Cropped (short "square" jackets) like this wonderful one that would look amazing in a Rectangular shaped woman:
http://shop.nordstrom.com/S/bo.....=1618

amother

Post Sun, Apr 28 2013, 10:52 pm
Hope I answered everyone!

Have a wonderful night and now that we're all getting ready for the Chuppah season, hope these tips will make your shopping experience a bit easier.

See you during the week!

The Frum Designer Cool

amother

Post Sun, Apr 28 2013, 11:21 pm
amother wrote:
Hope I answered everyone!

Have a wonderful night and now that we're all getting ready for the Chuppah season, hope these tips will make your shopping experience a bit easier.

See you during the week!

The Frum Designer Cool

Hi, pear shaped woman from before:
Thanks for your encouraging words, I actually had tears while reading it.
I still feel lost could you please link some skirts aline,tulip, flare that you think could be good.

I had an amazing skirt a couple of years ago it was a circle skirt(flare?) from Lauren- I should have bought a few bec it's worn out completely. But in that skirt I didn't feel so heavy, I actually thought I looked good.I had diff dressmakers attempt to copy it but it never looked the same Sad

DrMom

Post Sun, Apr 28 2013, 11:46 pm
amother wrote:
DrMom wrote:
amother wrote:
DrMom wrote:
Is this your website?
http://www.dellasuza.com/category-s/537.htm

Hmmmm... we have serious detectives here haha
All I can say is that this is my favorite store at the moment Very Happy
Sources tell me that if this project succeed, the modesty industry will see a Good Revolution! In all senses.

I asked because some of the posts (which, btw, are very upbeat and helpful) were cut & pasted from that site.

So... is that your website?

You're such a smart cookie! hahaha

I would never copy+paste something if I had not written it Wink

hahaha Very Happy

Did I answer your question? hahaha Very Happy

Smart girl!

This website is just a first step and what I could invest at the moment. If this project succeed, as I said before, things are gonna be much more fun in the Modest Industry.

Good luck! Hope your efforts make shopping at mainstream stores more fruitful.

seeker

Post Mon, Apr 29 2013, 1:36 am
I sell hair accessories for girls and teens - what colors should I focus on for this summer? How about the Rosh Hashana/Sukkos season, do we know yet what the mommies and teens will be buying then? In the past I think the silvers sold great, not sure whether to get more of those or something different.

And what's trending in jewelry/accessories? I sell that, too.

amother

Post Mon, Apr 29 2013, 2:16 am
amother wrote:
Yay, this is fun! Okay, so I am 5"8 and 145. I guess an hourglass, except since the babes,my waist is not defined at all. Never really really was; I'm broad. Big hips but very flat belly, broad shoulders, 34 D bust. Slender arms and legs. I am light-skinned with green eyes and freckles, burn-not-tan type.

I am also a casual-lover, and am completely hopeless when I walk into clothing stores. I do know that I cannot wear cropped shirts, and tend to tunic-length things to streamline my hips. Other than that, I get a headache from the selection and head for the bookstore instead!

Help!

Sad Am I helpless?

amother

Post Mon, Apr 29 2013, 10:10 am
Hi, Op, is there any way I can pm you, I have real issues, as in I am a social hermit because of my body image issues. I do not go anywhere, besides work, socially, and since babies, and due to an abusive childhood really have no idea what suits my body, or how to shop!
My hips now are way bigger than my waist, if I even have a waistline, and have a huge behind - genetics Mad
I am 5"7-5"8 and currently 167 lbs, I still have around 17 lbs post baby weight to lose but in the meantime, I have literally one skirt and like 2-3 tops per season!! No shabbos clothes at all, been preg, nursing, preg nursing, preg, nursing for the last few years.

amother

Post Mon, Apr 29 2013, 10:53 am
I have. Cousins wedding, is a full chiffon dress still in?

amother

Post Mon, Apr 29 2013, 11:34 am
Hi there!
Today I'll answer questions only in the evening.
Please keep posting Smile

Lovely Pear - I'll give you a full lecture on skirts, you'll be an expert shopper.

Dear Israeli Detective - Thank you!

Precious Jewelry Lady - I have a long message for you. Since we're both depending on sales, lets hold each others hand and sing together.

Dear "5"8 and 145" - I believe some optical illusion happened since we're having so many nice posts and I missed yours... I have a message for you too. I apologize. Please come back at night and read what I have prepared for you.

Lovely Mommy who wants to contact me personally - you can do so in 2 ways: a message on my Imamother inbox or contacting me through my website. I'm the only one who reads and answers it the 'Contact Us' box.

Mazal Tov on the cousin's wedding - Chiffon is always in! Specially for Summer time. At night I'll post some considerations (color, style, length, pleated or not not pleated, cost etc.). I love chiffon! I even have light peach fabric at home... I always look at it and think "It will be a beautiful dress!"

Ok, see you all at night. Enjoy the day, smile and take a few deep breaths before taking any decision. As we learned in pattern making class: "We never have enough time to do the right thing, but mysteriously enough we find time to correct the mistakes we did least 3 times" Wink

I must confess my grades improved after I learned this lesson. It's so true...

See you later.

Cool

amother

Post Mon, Apr 29 2013, 11:38 am
duuuhhhhh, if I'm posting as anonymous, how is the Mommy supposed to find my Imamother messages?
ai, ai...

Please go to my site and contact me! Then, I can send you my personal e-mail and we take from there.

Ok, see you all at night!

Cool

seeker

Post Mon, Apr 29 2013, 1:09 pm
I'm not posting anonymously, so you can PM me your long message!Hope you weren't being facetious?
Page 6 of 8   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next Recent Topics