Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> In the News
Britney Spears bald
Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next

MOM222

Post Mon, Feb 19 2007, 8:10 pm
withhumor wrote:
Awww you know, I’d like the process of marriage to be inspiring, romantic, and exciting for thes poor girls! They should be taught the beauty of relationships, not ‘you gotta do it then dunk then do it again….” You have no clue how awful they make it sound, girls faint by the private kallah classes… and I’m not even talking about the boys!

You know, you can tell your 11 year old daughter that she’s going to bleed every month and it’s yucky but it’s only for a few days and she’s not dying. OR you can tell her that every month Hashem prepares your body to have a baby blah blah and when Hashem picks the right time, you have a bay and the baby grows from the blood which doesn’t come out… blah blah MAKE IT SPECIAL!

Sorry withhoumor but you are generalizing here. Not everyone has such experiences LOL though I do fell sorry for you.

chocolate moose

Post Mon, Feb 19 2007, 8:42 pm
With, you should be posting that stuff on your own forum, not on the general forum.

DefyGravity

Post Mon, Feb 19 2007, 8:44 pm
She can post WHEREVER she wants.

chocolate moose

Post Mon, Feb 19 2007, 8:52 pm
Defy, no one asked for your approval . . . I just think, AND I'M ENTITELD TO MY OPINION - that if With wants some REAL answers, from the ppl who actually live and breathe her lifestyle, that this is the wrong forum to bark up against!

Honestly !!!!!!! Touchy, touchy !!!!!!!

Piper

Post Mon, Feb 19 2007, 9:03 pm
withhumor wrote:
Quote:
withhumor wrote:
I didn’t get attention for that…

nope-you got your attention before cutting off your hair-at your wedding

Honestly, I think for a chassidsha girl, the 24 hours of the wedding day/night/next morning is the most traumatic process. You get married to a guy you spoke for 20 minutes… then you lose your virginity in a manner nobody ever explained to you in depth…. Then you lose your hair the next morning. HELLO ANYBODY HEAR ME it’s time for a change for the future generation.

I have to admit, I can't imagine it. When you mean lose your hair, do you mean cut it all off and shave it? shock

Piper

Post Mon, Feb 19 2007, 9:05 pm
Also, is Britany Spears Jewish? I saw a pic of her wearing a Mogen Dovid.

gali

Post Mon, Feb 19 2007, 9:34 pm
No, shes just into that whole kabblah thing, along with Madonna Rolling Eyes
She was actually raised as a Southern Baptist, but I guess living the life of a celebrity makes one look for other things to give meaning to their lives.

As far as what she did, I say good for her!!! The papparazzi wont leave her alone, who could live like that - having cameras in your face 24/7?? So yeah, it made her do something crazy. Shes telling the paparrazi to bug off. And anway, its only hair. It'll grow back soon enough.

chavamom

Post Mon, Feb 19 2007, 9:46 pm
She ditched kabbalah a long time ago. She is wearing the mogen dovid b/c her last boyfriend was Jewish Rolling Eyes

withhumor

Post Mon, Feb 19 2007, 10:01 pm
CM I wonder why this is so touchy for you,… bad memories? I’m simply attempting to eradicate this old practice of not preparing the young couple-to-be in an honorary way. There should be more beauty in the preparation and lessons, not a ‘now go do it’ is all. and anybody from any forum can understand that, if they’re humane…. Point is yes, you zap the whole thing down to skinhead level the morning after… and in old Hungarian traditions, both the mother and the mother in law are present during the ‘zap ceremony’ then you get a kiss and a gift (usually a gold brooch). NO THANKS I tackled it myself.

gali

Post Mon, Feb 19 2007, 10:08 pm
withhumour, I'm with you on this. Just because I'm not from the same community as you doesn't mean I am not interested. I think it's totally fine if you post about this so everyone should know what the girls in your community go through. It's great that you're concerned!
Personally, I would have been in tears if I went through all of that.

amother

Post Mon, Feb 19 2007, 11:45 pm
I'm chassidishe too, VERY chassidish, and funny, I wasnt the least bit traumatized.

I was nervous at my wedding for what awaited me after that, but I found the first night to be kind of a surreal experience - awkward, uncomfortable and weird, but couldnt wait the next day to do it again that night! and losing my hair - awesome right of passage, now I was a married woman like all the other married women in my community. and my mother in law wasnt present, and I didnt get a brooch.

Not everyone finds all this so traumatizing. My kallah teacher explained it beautifully and it wasnt traumatizing. She explained it as major kedusha, the holiest mitzvah you can ever do, even calling the male organ the 'heilige eiver'!! Dunno what to tell you...

greenfire

Post Mon, Feb 19 2007, 11:50 pm
Funny you say you weren't traumatized - I was traumatized by just covering my hair - let alone having to shave it - I feel for you withhumor and your desire to have the future girls like you perhaps a less traumatizing marriage - cause yes indeed - it should be beautiful and romantic ...

chavamom

Post Tue, Feb 20 2007, 12:13 am
amother wrote:
I'm chassidishe too, VERY chassidish, and funny, I wasnt the least bit traumatized. - awkward, uncomfortable and weird, but couldnt wait the next day to do it again that night!

Uh - so you had the same posek as another 'amother' that posken you aren't niddah after the chuppah? shock [ok, I don't mean the chuppah, but you know.....sheesh]

supermom

Post Tue, Feb 20 2007, 6:05 am
Chavamom I am kinda shocked too. Another thing how do you guys look yourselves in the mirror with skin heads? Why is it done?

batya_d

Post Tue, Feb 20 2007, 6:08 am
chavamom wrote:
amother wrote:
I'm chassidishe too, VERY chassidish, and funny, I wasnt the least bit traumatized. - awkward, uncomfortable and weird, but couldnt wait the next day to do it again that night!

Uh - so you had the same posek as another 'amother' that posken you aren't niddah after the chuppah? shock [ok, I don't mean the chuppah, but you know.....sheesh]

Yes, this comment left me Scratching Head

There are rabbonim who hold that a betulah kallah is NOT niddah after first biah?

amother

Post Tue, Feb 20 2007, 6:12 am
Quote:
There are rabbonim who hold that a betulah kallah is NOT niddah after first biah?

key words, after first biah. not everyone gets it the 1st night. or the second, for that matter.

lst

Post Tue, Feb 20 2007, 6:14 am
yea, I never heard of that either. but mayb she didnt mean that actually, or mayb it took another night to actually do it

amother

Post Tue, Feb 20 2007, 6:43 am
um, it took us a week to complete the act.. dh was tired and nervous so couldn't do it properly.
we spoke to a rav after each and every night.
please don't judge

supermom

Post Tue, Feb 20 2007, 7:38 am
Back to the origional thread. Very Happy

I think personally why she would do something so drastic inorder just to get more popularity as if she doesn't have enough. Anyway I still don't like her never did.

amother

Post Tue, Feb 20 2007, 9:58 am
The sickest part is that she had a cross tatooed on her hip while wearing a conspicuous magen david. woah!
Page 2 of 5 Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next Recent Topics