Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Purim
My theme this year- NO THEME!
Previous  1  2  3  Next

greenfire

Post Mon, Feb 19 2007, 2:29 pm
shanie5 wrote:
amother wrote:
Every year I go mad with a theme, I'm thinking this year I might do "NO THEME" for my theme. Any ideas?

hows this?

'it may theem to u that there is a theme to find
but we left it out this yeat-hope u dont mind
it just theemed to much to come up w/ one this year
so a themeless purim w/ you we now do share"

cute shanie5 very cute

shanie5

Post Mon, Feb 19 2007, 2:42 pm
thank you thanky you [curtsie]

technic

Post Mon, Feb 19 2007, 6:13 pm
amother wrote:
We need the services of the poster who claims to be psychic- where is she?

more 2 the point - does SHE know where 2 find YOU!!!! LOL

withhumor

Post Mon, Feb 19 2007, 6:19 pm
I think the MM package to match your costume it’s the dumbest thing I’ve ever seen. I’m not going to say 100%, for example I once got a basket of chocolate covered strawberries and a pitcher of pink lemonade from someone who dressed her baby in a strawberry costume, INSIDE a huge basket… so that was cute but to go overboard like ‘fish jellies and tuna fish and fishsticks’ for heaven sakes, that’s insane.

You’re right, what happened to those pineapples? I miss them.

I don’t parade all around town delivered gazillion baskets, so for the few that we make, I usually make something that can be prepared in advance and the kids can do it, and it doesn’t need any special temperatures so we can have everything prepare long before the kids are itching to go deliver them.

amother

Post Mon, Feb 19 2007, 6:30 pm
Quote:
I think the MM package to match your costume it’s the dumbest thing I’ve ever seen

Why is that any dumber than you sending me a bag of nosh and me either passing it on to the next person or just stashing it with the rest of the nosh to be given to my kids school after purim because who needs that much nosh in the house before pesach.

withhumor

Post Mon, Feb 19 2007, 6:33 pm
Because who said you need to give nosh? And who said you have to give a stash? Did you ever hear of a fruit platter for people to enjoy by a seudah? I only deliver to parents and grandparents so I make like a few of them and that’s all! Last year I made a platter of pickled tongue… who needs all that garbage…

amother

Post Mon, Feb 19 2007, 6:58 pm
I didnt know pickled tongue can be packaged by kids and in advace to the bargain and can be stored at room temp. Ditto for the fruit platter.

Dini

Post Mon, Feb 19 2007, 6:58 pm
thats very nice but my dh fam r all into giving mm 2 yrs ago purim was on friday so I only gave a few ppl and my aunt sent our mm to my mil house to send to us and she was upset that we didn't give them.

Ozmom

Post Mon, Feb 19 2007, 7:11 pm
amother wrote:
amother wrote:
We need the services of the poster who claims to be psychic- where is she?

she's busy posting anonymously ... Rolling Laughter Nervous Rolling Laughter

well I may be psychic but I have no ability to be in two places at once. meaning at the computer while at an apointment.
you know us pychics do have a life other then imamother.
Mr. Green

Tefila

Post Mon, Feb 19 2007, 8:10 pm
Excuse me Oz wasn't it you Exclamation who said in that rude thread that I am phsycic. Don't take the blame fine, but don't take the credit eighter. AAAAAAAAAAAAAachutzpah gedola Twisted Evil

greenfire

Post Mon, Feb 19 2007, 8:18 pm
Maybe it's the stalker .... Scratching Head

Mevater

Post Mon, Feb 19 2007, 8:46 pm
shanie5 wrote:
amother wrote:
Every year I go mad with a theme, I'm thinking this year I might do "NO THEME" for my theme. Any ideas?

hows this?

OP here. I like it. What do I owe you?

DefyGravity

Post Mon, Feb 19 2007, 8:47 pm
GR wrote:
where did this "theme" thing come from anyway? my entire life no one gave shalach manos with themes, until I moved to NY.
I thought the theme was Purim, and you give 2 ready-made foods or 2 diff brachos of ready-made food.

Same here.

shanie5

Post Mon, Feb 19 2007, 9:49 pm
letsbehonest wrote:
shanie5 wrote:
amother wrote:

hows this?

OP here. I like it. What do I owe you?

this one is on me....
maybe I'll start offering to them for pay one day.......
why not just one more thing on my list of jobs........

now if only I would sit down and work on our poem for this year..............

gryp

Post Mon, Feb 19 2007, 10:11 pm
I'm doing a fruit basket. I dont know if that a theme or not, but I cant stand all the junk in my house. I cant wait to try this new idea. Smile

greenfire

Post Mon, Feb 19 2007, 10:49 pm
GR wrote:
I'm doing a fruit basket. I dont know if that a theme or not, but I cant stand all the junk in my house. I cant wait to try this new idea. Smile

so you could wear a hat with plastic fruit all over the top like a fruit basket - then yu will match GR

PinkandYellow

Post Tue, Feb 20 2007, 5:53 am
GR wrote:

I was thinking of doing fruit bec I don't want to do nosh. what will you be doing exactly (if you don't mind that I might "steal" your idea)?

gryp

Post Tue, Feb 20 2007, 8:16 am
thanx, greenfire, except I dont usually partake in the costume part of Purim. Wink

MD'smom- I'm getting small simple baskets, and putting nice fruits inside- whatever I can find in the store here. not apples, bananas, and strawberries, but an asian pear, pomelos (how do you spell that??), pineapple if it fits, mango if I can find, kiwis. whatever, you get the idea. I dont know for sure since I havent gone shopping yet obviously. and I'll put a small bottle of sparkling grape juice or wine on top, and wrap it up. now my surprise is ruined for the people on here that I'm giving to. Confused
oh- I'm also making hamantashen and chocolates that I'll add in somehow.

supermom

Post Tue, Feb 20 2007, 8:30 am
amother wrote:
amother wrote:
Instead of everybody coming dresses up they could come naked

8) OP here. Boy would I like to know whose brilliant idea this is. Rolling Eyes

I couldn't stop laughing.

You could bake, or make some ready made food. I remember once someone made a deli basket a bit expensive but they owned a meat store. They took baskets and bought those picnic napkins (red checkered napkins) french bread, a deli roll (each person got something different), ketchup, mustard, and a drink.

MommyLuv

Post Tue, Feb 20 2007, 1:53 pm
GR wrote:
thanx, greenfire, except I dont usually partake in the costume part of Purim. Wink

MD'smom- I'm getting small simple baskets, and putting nice fruits inside- whatever I can find in the store here. not apples, bananas, and strawberries, but an asian pear, pomelos (how do you spell that??), pineapple if it fits, mango if I can find, kiwis. whatever, you get the idea. I dont know for sure since I havent gone shopping yet obviously. and I'll put a small bottle of sparkling grape juice or wine on top, and wrap it up. now my surprise is ruined for the people on here that I'm giving to. Confused
oh- I'm also making hamantashen and chocolates that I'll add in somehow.

heyGR, I love the idea! Who doesnt drool over a basket of luscious fruit?Smile
So much healthier and tastier than all that Bissli and tangy taffy (ouch, my teeth hurt just thinking about Purim.)
Mind if I use your plan? Wink LOL
Page 2 of 3 Previous  1  2  3  Next Recent Topics