Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
Advice on starting an advocacy service

Would you ever use an advocacy service to save you time?
yes  
 35%  [ 6 ]
no  
 17%  [ 3 ]
would definitely be interested in getting a quote  
 47%  [ 8 ]
Total Votes : 17

amother

Post Wed, May 22 2013, 10:58 am
I cannot say I am skilled in many areas, but I excel in letter writing and getting refunds from places I deem to have ripped me off, including things like state governments, cell phone services, cable companies etc. etc.

I am wondering if this is a legitimate business idea, and if so, how many people on here would use a service with a low fee (say $25-50 a complaint depending on work involved) to have someone contact businesses and escalate the complaint for them?

amother

Post Wed, May 22 2013, 11:15 am
There is a company like this for insurance companies. They help you fight denied claims. I have used this company a few times.

MaBelleVie

Post Wed, May 22 2013, 11:16 am
My dh is involved in a business that pays someone to file claims and deal with the kind of things you mentioned. The person gets a percentage of what the company saves thanks to his services. It isn't an official business though, they just found someone skilled at this who was willing to do it.

dimyona

You're hired! I absolutely hate bureaucracy.

notshanarishona

In Israel where it is very common to get cheated, especially if you don't speak the language fluently, I can see people using it for things like looking over Bezeq bills, etc..

amother

Post Wed, May 22 2013, 11:19 am
notshanarishona wrote:
In Israel where it is very common to get cheated, especially if you don't speak the language fluently, I can see people using it for things like looking over Bezeq bills, etc..

OP here: Sorry, in the US only. I cannot speak hebrew Wink

causemommysaid

Post Wed, May 22 2013, 4:12 pm
it is a fantastic business idea if you are good at it.

basically dealing with all the awful companies that no one wants to deal with.

I would also think you could expand it after a while to include doing chores that no one wants to do such as research the best value for products, services, insurance, contractors.

Or maybe setting up computers with a backup service (something I have been meaning to do for ages).

maybe for busy people you could even arrange their vacations- get a budget and where they want to go and plan their flights, cars, hotels, food, daily itinerary.

you could have a yearly contract with people to do this kind of stuff.

You could even work with very small businesses where the owner is overwhelmed by his clerical work and doesn't have a secretary to deal with this stuff. many business owners are great at the sales or service that they sell but are awful at the background stuff.

Kfar

Post Wed, May 22 2013, 6:22 pm
I think this is a fabulous idea if you are good at it -- I HATE doing things like this and don't think I am alone. If the price was reasonable (and generally 25 - 50 dollars seems reasonable) you should be able to do good business, could even set up a website for probably not too much -- you may be able to even sell gift cards to friends and family of the disorganized/shy/disinclined (not kidding)!

ruth

Post Wed, Nov 19 2014, 1:47 am
notshanarishona wrote:

that would be helpful but would the cost of the service be less than the disputed amount?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics