Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry
How to wash bras in the shower?
1  2  Next

amother

Post Mon, Jun 03 2013, 1:01 pm
do you use detergent? shampoo? body soap?

oliveoil

Post Mon, Jun 03 2013, 1:05 pm
Why would you wash them in the shower?!

GramaNewYork

Post Mon, Jun 03 2013, 1:07 pm
I'm sorry I don't know the answer to this question, but did you know you can just put them in a mesh bag (and tzitzis, too) and throw the bag in the washing machine? NOT IN THE DRYER!!!!!! I have been washing them this way for many years with no problem.

amother

Post Mon, Jun 03 2013, 1:08 pm
It was suggested on another thread. If you are anyways washing them by hand this is a time saver. So I was wondering how its done.

amother

Post Thu, Jun 06 2013, 11:17 am
I wash them in the shower and just use body wash or shampoo.The way I see it, soap is soap.

mandr

Post Thu, Jun 06 2013, 11:44 am
I put them in a mesh bag with the hooks in the back in a closed position, and then put them in my colors load.

Vanilla

Post Thu, Jun 06 2013, 12:43 pm
I just use shampoo or dish detergent for any hand washing...works fine!

mandr

Post Thu, Jun 06 2013, 12:47 pm
But I don't like walking around smelling like Dawn and Palmolive!

amother

Post Thu, Jun 06 2013, 3:45 pm
An employee at a lingerie store once told me that shampoo is good to use on bras because the oils that are on hairs on similar to the oil and "buildup" around the chest/bust area.

mommyhood

Post Thu, Jun 06 2013, 5:31 pm
I wash them in the shower. I alternate between using shampoo or hand soap, whatever I grab first.
I don't own enough to wait to wash them in the laundry since I only do laundry once a week. Taking them in the shower is so much more convenient than washing in the sink or a bucket.

sushi galore

Post Thu, Jun 06 2013, 5:57 pm
Omg! If I were to wash mine in the shower I could wait till next week to have them dry.
it's definitely more hygienic and I believe faster to machine wash them. I actually machine wash them and dry them in dryer and never had an issue. I have expensive and cheaper brands.

amother

Post Thu, Jun 06 2013, 6:01 pm
mommyhood wrote:
I wash them in the shower. I alternate between using shampoo or hand soap, whatever I grab first.
I don't own enough to wait to wash them in the laundry since I only do laundry once a week. Taking them in the shower is so much more convenient than washing in the sink or a bucket.

guess your either a young woman or a man

Ema of 5

Post Thu, Jun 06 2013, 6:04 pm
amother wrote:
mommyhood wrote:

My first thought was "how in the world do you only do laundry once a week?????"

miami85

Post Thu, Jun 06 2013, 8:56 pm
If you live in an apartment then yes, you do laundry once a week--then do 3 loads at a time in the laundry room.

I often wash mine in the sink before/after taking a shower--I use hand soap-- then hang it in the shower to dry afterwards. It's usually fine the next day.

Fabulous

Post Thu, Jun 06 2013, 9:01 pm
sushi galore wrote:
Omg! If I were to wash mine in the shower I could wait till next week to have them dry.
it's definitely more hygienic and I believe faster to machine wash them. I actually machine wash them and dry them in dryer and never had an issue. I have expensive and cheaper brands.

I do too. In the delicate load wash and dry. I have several and I only have to replace them every few YEARS. It's more than enough life for a bra.

amother

Post Thu, Jun 06 2013, 9:05 pm
Do those of you who wash it in the machine, do it with padde bras? I feel like those will get very misshapen in the machine. Even in a mesh bag.

pesek zman

Post Thu, Jun 06 2013, 9:10 pm
eema of 3 wrote:
amother wrote:
mommyhood wrote:

As you can imagine, not everyone on this site has 3 children, or any children. The more children you have be more your laundry builds up and the more often you need to wash. I don't have children, and can easily do laundry once a once (though my husband, who is in charge of our laundry, prefers to do it 2x a month)

mommyhood

Post Thu, Jun 06 2013, 9:41 pm
eema of 3 wrote:
amother wrote:
mommyhood wrote:

Lol, I guess I am young. I do have kids b'H but I don't have a little baby right now so they only use one outfit a day and I buy enough for a full week.
I don't see why machine washing would be more hygienic. The machine is cold water. And mine dry overnight if I wash them in the shower or the machine.

ven

Post Fri, Jun 07 2013, 7:46 am
well I just put my bras in the washing machine, with the other coloured clothes. I dont even put them in a bag.and yes its the padded underwire sort.
never had any issues , nothing broken or bent out of shape, I do however not tumbledry them. and I do laundry them at 60 degrees. yes even the lace ones .

oliveoil

Post Fri, Jun 07 2013, 9:01 am
superdanni wrote:
eema of 3 wrote:
amother wrote:
mommyhood wrote:

As you can imagine, not everyone on this site has 3 children, or any children. The more children you have be more your laundry builds up and the more often you need to wash. I don't have children, and can easily do laundry once a once (though my husband, who is in charge of our laundry, prefers to do it 2x a month)

Wow. I can't imagine having that many clothes!
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry