Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Twins, Triplets, and more
Were your twins "natural"? spinoff of govt help fo
Previous  1  2  3  Next

Were your twins conceived naturally or with treatments?
Fraternal twins conceived with fertility treatments  
 31%  [ 14 ]
Fraternal twins conceived completely naturally  
 48%  [ 22 ]
Identical twins conceived completely naturally  
 20%  [ 9 ]
Identical twins conceived with fertility treatments (well 1 embryo implanted yet ended up with 2!)  
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 45

rainbow dash

Post Thu, Jun 20 2013, 5:38 pm
BTW, My twins arnt identical but a lot of people think they are. Even their teachers thought they were identical till we told them last wk. And in the other class there is identical twins but they dont look alike. and they were conceived naturally.

Last edited by rainbow dash on Thu, Jun 20 2013, 5:42 pm; edited 1 time in total

tissues

Post Thu, Jun 20 2013, 5:39 pm
Busydev, so far your point has been proven. Very Happy (FTR, I agreed with you in the first place)

busydev

Post Thu, Jun 20 2013, 5:46 pm
yeah tho we really cant take any facts from such a survey just because so far there havent even been 20 responses (to the poll) and even if every imamother with twins responds there still wouldnt be THAT many in the grand scheme of things (all jewish women having twins). cant take stats from polls here. hence I said it will be skewed. LOL

busydev

Post Thu, Jun 20 2013, 5:48 pm
amother wrote:
Actually, I believe that there is an increased chance of identical twins when you do IVF with ICSI. I know of this happening to several women on a twin board I used to be on.

this is really interesting. tho none of those people have shown up in this poll yet Wink

amother

Post Thu, Jun 20 2013, 9:14 pm
Raisin wrote:
did anyone else hear of mirror image twins? I know a set of twins who are identical (n looks) and the mother told me they are mirror image twins. This means one is right handed, the other left handed, etc.

With my twins one is a righty and one is a lefty and when they were born one had a birthmark on top of her right eye and the other on top of her left eye... does that count as mirrior image twins?

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Thu, Jun 20 2013, 9:19 pm
I've also read that there is a slightly higher chance of having identical twins with fertility treatments. In fact, there is a family that lives here that had quadruplets after fertility treatments, where 3 eggs were implanted. One split!

amother

Post Fri, Jun 21 2013, 5:03 am
This whole poll is not accurate because everyone is responding for their sister or friend and "of course their sister and friend only had natural twins" because if they did do fertility treatment of course they would tell me I'm so close. People can't fathom being out of the loop.

amother

Post Fri, Jun 21 2013, 8:16 am
I have identical twins conceived naturally

Raisin

Post Fri, Jun 21 2013, 8:19 am
amother wrote:
Raisin wrote:
did anyone else hear of mirror image twins? I know a set of twins who are identical (n looks) and the mother told me they are mirror image twins. This means one is right handed, the other left handed, etc.

With my twins one is a righty and one is a lefty and when they were born one had a birthmark on top of her right eye and the other on top of her left eye... does that count as mirrior image twins?

I guess so. otherwise they are supposed to be identical. google mirror image twins. Fascinating! I find twins, especially identical ones, so interesting.

amother

Post Fri, Jun 21 2013, 9:17 am
one percent of identical twins can happen with ivf.

mandr

Post Fri, Jun 21 2013, 10:12 am
You don't have to be twins to have mirror-image features matching a sibling. My sister is 8 years older than me and we have very similar facial features that are mirror image (I.e. we each have one dimple, me on the right and her on the left, we also each have opposite sides birthmarks).

bnm

Post Fri, Jun 21 2013, 11:49 am
mandr wrote:
You don't have to be twins to have mirror-image features matching a sibling. My sister is 8 years older than me and we have very similar facial features that are mirror image (I.e. we each have one dimple, me on the right and her on the left, we also each have opposite sides birthmarks).

Mirror Image Twins

If you are mirror image twins it means that you are also identical twins. Mirror image twins are created when the fertilised egg splits quite late (around days 9-12), any later and twins can be co-joined.

tissues

Post Fri, Jun 21 2013, 12:16 pm
amother wrote:
This whole poll is not accurate because everyone is responding for their sister or friend and "of course their sister and friend only had natural twins" because if they did do fertility treatment of course they would tell me I'm so close. People can't fathom being out of the loop.

The title specifically states "Were YOUR twins..." I hope the votes are just from those who actually have twins. Besides, if I'd be voting for other people, I wouldn't know how to vote as I know many people with multiples and I can only vote once.

amother

Post Fri, Jun 21 2013, 1:31 pm
does twin boys born at over age 30 mean there was treatment?

busydev

Post Fri, Jun 21 2013, 1:41 pm
amother wrote:
does twin boys born at over age 30 mean there was treatment?

how could they be born at 30 years of age. most twins I know started at 0days Wink

if your twin boys were born at that age then you would know if there was treatment. I want only YOUR personal experience. as tissues said I know LOTS of twins and some with treatments and some without. I couldnt possibly answer. I just gave a null vote so I could see results.

but to actually answer your question: if they were married for many years and their first children were twins when they were over 30... then it is likely that there was treatment. But stam someone had twins over 30? it means absolutely nothing. in fact older women are more likely to naturally drop 2 eggs or so I understand. and if they are identical then it most likely has nothing to do with treatments.

amother

Post Mon, Jun 24 2013, 1:50 pm
1 in 35 ivf babys are twins -- not identical .
babymed.com

eshes chayil

Post Mon, Jun 24 2013, 3:43 pm
I got pregnant with twins while I was taking... Birth Control!
fraternal twins ;-)

Ruchel

Post Mon, Jun 24 2013, 3:49 pm
There are natural triplets.
Most people I know who had treatments babies end up with singletons.

I do know many treatments babies who are boy/girl twin.

amother

Post Mon, Jun 24 2013, 4:34 pm
I posted in the original thread. Not sure if my experience counts, because I conceived twins without medical intervention but lost one near the end of the first trimester. I had a few children already k"ah and was nursing when I conceived. I hadn't used hormonal BC for years before this.

I had a healthy daughter B"H. I'm not sure if the twin I lost was a boy or girl.

amother

Post Tue, Jun 25 2013, 6:33 pm
B+G conceived naturally over here.
why is it so important for ppl to know how someone have conceived twins???
Page 2 of 3 Previous  1  2  3  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Twins, Triplets, and more