Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Twins, Triplets, and more
What are causes of the higher rates of naturally conceived
Previous  1  2  3  Next

amother

Post Fri, Jun 21 2013, 7:03 pm
birth control pills can also increase the chance of miscarriage when getting pregnant after it's stopped.

amother

Post Fri, Jun 21 2013, 7:14 pm
dont know why they dont tell you but I know a few people that were on birth control cuz they didnt want to have another before the first goes to school and then were home with 2 cuz they had twins!!

amother

Post Sat, Jun 22 2013, 10:48 pm
I got pregnant six times during nursing and nursed until the fourth month or longer and have yet to conceive twins.

Why would nursing increase the chances of twins?

amother

I got pregnant six times during nursing and nursed until the fourth month or longer and have yet to conceive twins.

amother

amother

Post Sat, Jun 22 2013, 10:50 pm
Why don't woman here who have twins And had them naturally tell us why they think it happened to them? They can post as amother.

mazeltov

Post Sat, Jun 22 2013, 10:50 pm
What's Mega Milk?

Jewishmom8

Post Sun, Jun 23 2013, 2:15 am
tissues wrote:
amother wrote:
Mama Bear wrote:
More women take birth control pills. When it's stopped, esp after a long time, the ovaries often overcompensate and ovulate multiple eggs.

There is also an oral supplement women were taking in the frum communities to 'nurse clean' which caused multiple ovulations....

I have heard this from a dr. and seen it by a few faimly members and friends after they decided to take a break.

So why isn't this information more widespread? I also know someone like this.

Why do women mess up their systems like this? Maybe they want those multiples Rolling Eyes (re the other thread)

Is this listed as a side effect of these bc pills?

I can't imagine anyone taking bc pills because they want to give birth to twins after.
they probably take them because they have weighed the pros and cons, and this is what they needed to do.

shabbatiscoming

Post Sun, Jun 23 2013, 2:31 am
tissues wrote:
amother wrote:
Mama Bear wrote:
More women take birth control pills. When it's stopped, esp after a long time, the ovaries often overcompensate and ovulate multiple eggs.

There is also an oral supplement women were taking in the frum communities to 'nurse clean' which caused multiple ovulations....

I have heard this from a dr. and seen it by a few faimly members and friends after they decided to take a break.

Why do women mess up their systems like this? Maybe they want those multiples Rolling Eyes (re the other thread)

I hope yo uare joking about theses women talking BC in order to have twins. I have a friend who was on BC and then had twins and trust me, she was not on BC in order to have twins. She said that now, after one more child after her twins, she is finished with children, so I do not think that that train of thought works for most women going on BC.

tissues

Post Sun, Jun 23 2013, 12:04 pm
shabbatiscoming wrote:
tissues wrote:
amother wrote:
Mama Bear wrote:

I hope yo uare joking about theses women talking BC in order to have twins. I have a friend who was on BC and then had twins and trust me, she was not on BC in order to have twins. She said that now, after one more child after her twins, she is finished with children, so I do not think that that train of thought works for most women going on BC.

I thought the eye roll emoticon made it apparent that I was kidding.

I therefore also referenced shabbat's thread wondering if there are those who undergo treatment just for the sake of having multiples where it became quite apparent that this is a very rare occurrence among normal Jewish people... (THis whole topic began based on one poster's comment which was clearly NOT based on fact!)

amother

Post Tue, Jun 25 2013, 6:46 pm
amother wrote:
Why don't woman here who have twins And had them naturally tell us why they think it happened to them? They can post as amother.

I have fraternal twins. Im not over 30, neither overweight, neither over 5'9", etc... "supposedly" I have pcos, but my periods are regular and I got preggo 3 times before the twins, so the pcos doesnt affect my fertility, neither my weight... I really have no explanation

amother

Post Tue, Jun 25 2013, 8:30 pm
amother wrote:

I am in my low 20's and have identical twins. I wish I knew what caused it.....

Ruchel

Post Wed, Jun 26 2013, 7:19 am
tissues wrote:
amother wrote:
Mama Bear wrote:

Halevai it was the "most dangerous" side effect of the pill... women should refuse to take the pill especially for a long time, imho

myday

Post Thu, Aug 22 2013, 6:21 pm
fertility drugs older moms and mashiach

vintagebknyc

Post Thu, Aug 22 2013, 6:27 pm
I would really LOVE the links to some actual data about all these 'Facts"

amother

Post Thu, Aug 22 2013, 8:00 pm
Why on EARTH would someone take any substance that's gonna mess around with their HORMONES while breastfeeding only to "nurse clean"?!?!

I nurse for as long as my kids will and march off to mikvah just the same. Yeah it's sometimes difficult but I think I'd sooner dye my hair pink than fool around with anything hormonal just for convenience.

Or am I crazy?

Sorry for hijacking the main idea. I'm just kind of flabbergasted.

amother

Post Thu, Aug 22 2013, 8:19 pm
Somebody mentioned couples who have had twins a year after they are married and assumed that it means it was natural. Not always the case. It could be that:
a)they had PCOS or some other issue and therefore did ivf right away or

b) they are carriers of a genetic disease and therefore do ivf with pgd (I only thought of this after I myself had to do ivf with PGD bec of that)
Im about to do ivf and personally would love twins. Should I eat some yams? LOL

amother

Post Thu, Aug 22 2013, 8:40 pm
I am not thirty yet. I did not take bc. There are no twins in my family. And guess what ten months after my wedding I gave birth to twins. A girl and boy. Only explanation. It's a mirical and that what hashem wanted that a should bring two fresh neshamos into the world at once.
Good luck to you all and I wish you all an easy time.

amother

Post Fri, Aug 23 2013, 1:07 am
amother wrote:
Somebody mentioned couples who have had twins a year after they are married and assumed that it means it was natural. Not always the case. It could be that:
a)they had PCOS or some other issue and therefore did ivf right away or

b) they are carriers of a genetic disease and therefore do ivf with pgd (I only thought of this after I myself had to do ivf with PGD bec of that)
Im about to do ivf and personally would love twins. Should I eat some yams? LOL
Just pointing out that someone who has PCOS does not have to go straight to IVF. There are many IF routes before that.

amother

Post Fri, Aug 23 2013, 1:34 am
Many of these "so called" naturally conceived twins, may not be naturally conceived. I have a set that was "not naturally conceived" nor would anyone know or suspect.
Page 2 of 3 Previous  1  2  3  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Twins, Triplets, and more