Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Twins, Triplets, and more
What are causes of the higher rates of naturally conceived
Previous  1  2  3

amother

Post Fri, Aug 23 2013, 6:32 am
amother wrote:
amother wrote:
Somebody mentioned couples who have had twins a year after they are married and assumed that it means it was natural. Not always the case. It could be that:
a)they had PCOS or some other issue and therefore did ivf right away or

b) they are carriers of a genetic disease and therefore do ivf with pgd (I only thought of this after I myself had to do ivf with PGD bec of that)
Im about to do ivf and personally would love twins. Should I eat some yams? LOL
Just pointing out that someone who has PCOS does not have to go straight to IVF. There are many IF routes before that.

The most common of which is Clomid or injections which also increase the liklihood of having twins.

I have PCOS and went to an RE a month after getting married hoping to be given Clomid. My DH had to be checked first though and the tests revealed that IVF with ICSI would be our only hope of conceiving so we went straight to that.

tsiggelle

Post Fri, Aug 23 2013, 7:02 am
You know, sometimes two eggs ovulate in one month.

amother

Post Fri, Aug 23 2013, 1:43 pm
Im the amother who wrote about someone with PCOS and doing ivf.
What I meant was that someone with that takes meds right away after they get married that can result in twins as well, the same way doing ivf can.

amother

Post Thu, Sep 12 2013, 11:21 am
I conceived twins from clomid. I was on a super, super low dose and they were very surprised - I had the possibility of triplets but only two took. I miscarried them though... Sad

I'm hoping for more clomid... and maybe It'll be twins again... I hope so...

amother

Post Thu, Sep 12 2013, 11:33 am
just a theory.....kind of mentioned above...

maybe in the past just as many women were convincing twins but not keeping them and losing one during the first couple of months and carrying the second to term.

now with our advanced treatments and prevention twins are identified earlier and better medical care is given.

amother

Post Thu, Sep 12 2013, 11:56 am
twins in the same sac are rare. but know knowing about the mother of twins should be put in the hospital
at 28 weeks and constant monitoring saves many identical twins .
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Twins, Triplets, and more