Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Toddlers
HELP 2 year old takes off diaper whe goes to sleep..
1  2  Next

balibusta

Post Wed, Jul 10 2013, 10:07 am
Help my 2 yr old daughter starting waking up from both naps and sleep without a diaper or just touchinh her diaper and getting everything filthy...horrible..she takes off PJ pants and pulls diaper off from sides of onezy undershirt..now we started putting on a sleeper backwards and she still manages to get the sleeper of over her head by first getting her hands out..any suggestions?????

Mama Bear

Post Wed, Jul 10 2013, 10:30 am
www.littlekeepersleeper.com

imasinger

Post Wed, Jul 10 2013, 11:24 am
Maybe she wants a dirty diaper off? Have you started trying to train her?

mandr

Post Wed, Jul 10 2013, 11:42 am
Mama Bear wrote:
www.littlekeepersleeper.com

How do you go to the bathroom with this?

mandr

Post Wed, Jul 10 2013, 11:43 am
Based on the other popular threads here, maybe she wants to, uh, pleasure herself?

balibusta

Post Wed, Jul 10 2013, 12:12 pm
She does do it with wet diapers too..just more disgusting dirty ones..she just turned 2 and very very mischeveous totally not ready to b trained doesn't listen to a thing..

Miri1

Post Wed, Jul 10 2013, 12:55 pm
I once saw a tip for this - use duck tape to close the diapers before she goes to sleep. She won't be able to take that off, unless she is able to wiggle out of the diaper.

Miri1

Post Wed, Jul 10 2013, 12:56 pm
Miri1 wrote:
I once saw a tip for this - use duck tape to close the diapers before she goes to sleep. She won't be able to take that off, unless she is able to wiggle out of the diaper.

Just a thought, that you probably couldn't do this on Shabbos however.

momX4

Post Wed, Jul 10 2013, 12:59 pm
but a sleeper type pj. Cut off the legs and put them on BACKWARDS.

IMHopinion

Post Wed, Jul 10 2013, 1:42 pm
Omg my child used to do this. It was beyond gross. No advice, just to wait out until the stage passes!
As mentioned above, if you can get some pj that she cannot take off, that would help.

mommy24

Post Wed, Jul 10 2013, 1:49 pm
My 2yr old does the same. With one of my older kids I tried the duct tape (didn't work) the backwards pjs (didn't work) and then I started putting diaper on backwards, that worked for a little bit. At the end I got diapers w/ o tabs, Luke pull ups, she couldn't take those off at all.

Mama Bear

Post Wed, Jul 10 2013, 2:11 pm
ManDr, it's for ppl who are still in diapers, like OPs toddler.

mandr

Post Wed, Jul 10 2013, 2:13 pm
Mama Bear wrote:

Oh cuz the site showed bigger kids wearing them.

mommyla

Post Wed, Jul 10 2013, 2:17 pm
momX4 wrote:
but a sleeper type pj. Cut off the legs and put them on BACKWARDS.

No need to cut off the legs - just turn the sleeper inside out so that the zipper is on the inside.

greenfire

Post Wed, Jul 10 2013, 2:25 pm
& that's when you train them to make in the toilet - no more diapers & easy breathing with cotton panties ~ go for it !!!

TzipporahN

Post Wed, Jul 10 2013, 5:12 pm
Use diaper pins (the ones that are used for cloth diapers) I had this with my oldest dd and now with my youngest. Slide your hand just inside the diaper when putting the pin in, so that if anything, you poke yourself, not the child. One pin over each tab. All credit for the idea goes to my mil after I'd had two naps of the crib being plastered.

Mama Bear

Post Wed, Jul 10 2013, 9:36 pm
mandr wrote:
Mama Bear wrote:

Oh cuz the site showed bigger kids wearing them.
The models are neurotypical kids, but unfortunately kids like my 5 yr old who are not toilet trained use the big sizes.

miami85

Post Wed, Jul 10 2013, 9:45 pm
We just got through this with my 2.5 son. He hated the backwards sleepers b/c he would get too hot and he was too young and not interested in toilet training. We started double diapering and putting the top one backwards. I read that you could try putting on a bathing suit--for a boy version we used some of last years 1pc rompers that are a bit too small to wear as normal clothing, but shortly after we did that he got over that phase--B"H! If she hates the dirty diaper then make sure she's gone to the bathroom before going to bed.

miami85

Post Wed, Jul 10 2013, 9:47 pm
Oh yea, I forgot that I also tried the duct tape!! That also helped but put on the backwards diaper in a criss cross.

greenfire

Post Wed, Jul 10 2013, 9:55 pm
miami85 wrote:
Oh yea, I forgot that I also tried the duct tape!! That also helped but put on the backwards diaper in a criss cross.

I've heard of duct tape for many uses ... but diapering has never been one ... that is for the books
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics