Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise
TODAY I am starting to diet-seriously!
1  2  3  Next

lotte

Post Mon, Mar 05 2007, 11:42 am
That's it!No more excuses!I can't take it anymore!
I had so much "chazeray" yesterday ...and the day before yesterday... and the ....
I promised myself to be good and try to lose at least 15 pounds before Pesach!Can we start some kind of a competition here with prizes?
Let's do something about it!Anybody joining?

withhumor

Post Mon, Mar 05 2007, 11:47 am
After I finish everything. Hang in there, please wait for me.

Mitzvahmom

Post Mon, Mar 05 2007, 11:51 am
oh me too!!! include me please.....

DefyGravity

Post Mon, Mar 05 2007, 11:53 am
I need to throw away all the junk that we received. DH had better bring it work with him tomorrow - I can't be around it. I'm finally dropping weight and I don't need this setback.

My friends KNOW that I'm dieting - why did they give me so much junk food???? I wish that everyone would've sent me a card instead.

withhumor

Post Mon, Mar 05 2007, 11:54 am
I wish I’d’ve gotten more veggie things!!!

Mitzvahmom

Post Mon, Mar 05 2007, 11:56 am
DefyGravity wrote:

My friends KNOW that I'm dieting - why did they give me so much junk food???? I wish that everyone would've sent me a card instead.

I know a good friend of mine, gave me a HUGE candy bar (my fav) so much torment!

cindy324

Post Mon, Mar 05 2007, 2:06 pm
Count me in guys! I made it to the gym exactly one time last week, when I needed it the most. I had a sick kid home from school the whole week, so because I was stuck in the house with her, I did all my Purim cooking and baking, and of course had to sample everything, including the hamantash, the cookies, the stuffed cabbage, etc. I had way too much junk in the last few days, time to stop the insanity!!!

greenfire

Post Mon, Mar 05 2007, 2:14 pm
yeah right! HOW?
can I have some stuffed cabage please

DefyGravity

Post Mon, Mar 05 2007, 2:18 pm
All I've eaten today from the junk table was a hamentashen and a little piece of chocolate.
Hopefully I'll be able to hold back for the rest of the day.

bashinda

Post Mon, Mar 05 2007, 2:29 pm
DefyGravity: kol hakavod! keep up the good work! And can you give us weak willed people (read: me!) some tips? I was being so good and somehow I just lost the will power. I was back to my pre pg weight and thought I'd lose 5 more lbs on top of that by Pesach and well I have to get to my pre pg weight again. embarrassed

DefyGravity

Post Mon, Mar 05 2007, 2:39 pm
My main trick is not keeping any junk in the house. Unfortunately, it's so difficult when there's suddenly tons of stuff sitting on the dining room table!

In general, I just make sure that I eat decent sized meals during the day so that I'm not hungry inbetween and won't need to snack.

I've had great luck with this meal plan so far:

Breakfast:
Quaker weight control oatmeal
Snack: plum or nectarine
Lunch:
veggie burger on whole wheat bread with tomato, cheese, and avocado (veggie sandwich or portabella salmon wrap)
soup
steamed veggies

Dinner:
variation of lunch, chicken stir fry, chicken wraps or deli sandwich.
sometimes I'll have a half-cup of slow churned ice cream for dessert.

This works well for me b/c I love soup and sandwiches.

bashinda

Post Mon, Mar 05 2007, 2:47 pm
yes. that's my trick too not to keep junk in the house but it stops working when there's junk in the house! embarrassed

I'm good with soup and sandwhiches. after Pesach I'm going to go back to freezing more items too which helps a lot.

The problem is I know what to do but can't do it. Like here's me being good:

breakfast: one serving cheerios and one string cheese (and I put away the cheerios otherwise I have um more than one serving embarrassed )

lunch: a big salad with alei katif romaine, fresh vegis, and instead of dressing have shredded cheese for protein. or the soup and 1/2 a sandwhich with whole wheat bread. or I've stuffed half a pita with the romaine and chopped egg and another vegi.

dinner: another large salad without the cheese, some sort of protein like chicken and a small amount of starch.

now why can't I do this?

exercise is difficult. I made an exercise playlist in itunes but it's hard to find the time to use it.

DefyGravity

Post Mon, Mar 05 2007, 2:57 pm
I also go to the gym several times a week. That's definitely helped a lot with weight loss. However, before I joined the gym I started being better about serving sizes and portion control, and lost weight.

I've actually found that I'm not so good with salads, b/c it's easy to put too much into them and lose count of the calories. I also get hungry very soon after and then eat too much.

I like sandwiches b/c it's easy to keep track of the portion size and they keep me full.

anon

Post Mon, Mar 05 2007, 3:04 pm
yummmm.....this thread is making me so in the mood to poke around my post-purim nosh bag! LOL You know, I wasn't thinking about food at all until you all started talking about it....now I have to go nosh on something Exploding anger

bashinda

Post Mon, Mar 05 2007, 3:06 pm
I used to do the gym. eventually I'll go back but it's not shiech now. I'm pretty disciplined with my salads so they work for me and the romaine seems to be very filling. I also skip the dressing which helps. Portion size is a big key though you're right.

My main problem then is self control. I just have to work on it.

chocolate moose

Post Mon, Mar 05 2007, 3:18 pm
Exercise is more of a mindset than a calorie trimmer.

DefyGravity

Post Mon, Mar 05 2007, 3:20 pm
But exercizing DOES burn calories.

roza

Post Mon, Mar 05 2007, 4:17 pm
I did not eat even one hamentashen this purim, only a little bit of chocolate.
I lost almost 20 lb within 2 months, just by avoiding completely all flour products (except just enough challa on shabbos), and watching for sugar and fat levels in everything else.

DefyGravity

Post Mon, Mar 05 2007, 4:24 pm
Roza, I wish I had your self-control!

I can't even count how many hamentashen I ate. Too many.

My only saving grace was that I got sick last night and threw up all the food I stuffed into me at the seudah Smile
Here's to a calorie free meal!!!!

chocolate moose

Post Mon, Mar 05 2007, 4:30 pm
I didn't even like the hamantaschen this year . . Defy, I didn't sayit didn't, I just think that exercise is over rated, that's all.
Page 1 of 3 1  2  3  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise