Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women -> Work at Home Mothers
Legitimate work at home jobs that actually pay

amother

Post Wed, Aug 28 2013, 9:23 am
I'm a stay at home mom and I have a 2.5 year old and an eight month old. Anyway, I think I've done a good thing to stop working and to raise my kids. However, it's really difficult to live with just one income in the house. Right now, we live in a one bedroom apartment. It's not so bad, but at times (like at night) they still wake up each other and it's difficult in a one bedroom. My husband thinks that I should start working when both kids will be in school (my oldest one will start next year and my youngest in two years) so that means in about two years. However, we do want to have more kids later on and I feel like I don't want to wait to long so that means I'll have to stay at home again. Anyway, so I feel like I have to help out already and I'm really trying to look for a stay at home job. I've seen many spam jobs online and I'm not sure what kinds of work I could do at home. I'm pretty busy a whole day with a toddler and a baby, but I could manage a few hours in the evening or when they take their naps. Before they were born, I worked as a nutritionist in a hospital so I was trying to look for something in my field, but couldn't find something like that to work at home. Any suggestions?
By the way, sorry if there are similar posts like mine, I don't have time to read the other posts on the forum.

oliveoil

Post Wed, Aug 28 2013, 9:40 am
If you've worked as a nutritionist, can you take that private? ie. see people for consultations in the evenings at your home?

In general, the people I see who are the most successful with working at home are people who have a specialty or skill that they can do at home - seems like you fit the bill.

amother

Post Wed, Aug 28 2013, 9:42 am
I'm not a registered dietitan and most places want RDs. I hope one day to become registered but for that I need to be in a one year unpaid internship and take a test and it's not easy.

TwinsMommy

Post Wed, Aug 28 2013, 10:35 am
I recruit for a couple of direct sales/ network marketing companies if that might interest you--- you can pm me and we can set up a time to talk. I started in that field 13 years ago and have done nothing else for the past 10 years---- now I can't imagine working FOR anyone.

lmc91

Post Wed, Aug 28 2013, 10:40 am
Just keep in mind that working at home is not as easy as it sounds. With 2 kids, you will need to hire childcare for any serious paying job, unless you can work out a flip-flop schedule with your husband. So factor that cost in - sometimes that defeats the point of the extra income. You can't really be a stay at home mom and work at home at the same time - you are either with your kids or someone else is. I'm very happy to work at home, and I love the flexibility, but I know I'm not a stay at home mom, and can't be there fully for my daughter while I'm working.

TwinsMommy

Post Wed, Aug 28 2013, 10:54 am
when my kids are home full time (Camp ended aug 4th and school starts this thurs, aug 29th for instance) I'm able to get a decent amount done in the evenings, but that means housework takes a back seat. Smile but luckily my kids are in school all day through most of the year. For me as long as I make a certain amount per week it doesn't matter to me whether I do it in the mornings, afternoons, or evenings.

purpleink

Post Wed, Aug 28 2013, 4:34 pm
I work from home as well. No steady income and get paid on commission but the pay is very good. You can PM me(or anyone else interested) to learn more

ForeverLearning

Post Mon, Sep 09 2013, 8:52 pm
If you're still looking for something, I work from home for a health and wellness firm, promoting natural, non-toxic products. PM me for details Smile
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Working Women -> Work at Home Mothers