Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Shabbos and Supper menus
Supper Ideas for a Year! Be a part of it!
  1  2  3  9  10  11  Next

Busy as a bee

Post Mon, Sep 02 2013, 11:44 am
I am working on compiling a list of 365 supper ideas so that I, and all of those who join me, do not have to think about what to make for an entire year (at least). I figure that if 52 people each put together one weeks worth of suppers it won't be too hard. So, I am asking you to please join me in this project by simply emailing me a weeks worth of supper ideas and recipes and I will put everyone's ideas together to create a 52 week plan and send it back out to you. If you have anyone else you would like to pass this onto - please do and forward their responses and email address to me. Smile

Let's start cooking!!

Pandabeer

Post Mon, Sep 02 2013, 12:16 pm
excellent idea - please also add the recipes.
how many courses each meal?

Busy as a bee

Post Mon, Sep 02 2013, 12:28 pm
Of course the recipes! Smile

I would say a main, side and salad....
Side can be soup, starch, vegetable.. whichever you prefer!

sarahd

Post Mon, Sep 02 2013, 12:30 pm
What's your email address? Or did you mean to pm you?

Busy as a bee

Post Mon, Sep 02 2013, 12:44 pm
send it to
suppers4ayear@gmail.com

Thanks!

sunny90

Post Mon, Sep 02 2013, 1:17 pm
Sounds great! Will try to do it today or tomorrow...I make weekly supper menus anyway so this should be pretty easy Smile

chocolate moose

Post Mon, Sep 02 2013, 2:34 pm
that sounds too worky. I don't want to cook every single night.

Busy as a bee

Post Mon, Sep 02 2013, 4:18 pm
You don't have to.
But the most annoying part in my opinion is coming up with the ideas for supper!
This way you have tried and true recipes for when you want, and its all put together for you. Side and salad incl!

sourstix

Post Mon, Sep 02 2013, 4:53 pm
Busy as a bee wrote:
You don't have to.
But the most annoying part in my opinion is coming up with the ideas for supper!
This way you have tried and true recipes for when you want, and its all put together for you. Side and salad incl!
oo
sounds way too much work for me. I just make the simple stuff. theres certain recipes I use over and over again. dont need to many fancy stuff. its not like I have an enormous variety. cus we dont eat dairy nor fish. so were donwn to meat aor chicken. and whatever sides. so no this isnt for me. sorry icant help you

momtra

Post Mon, Sep 02 2013, 5:02 pm
Great idea! I will def email you with recipes.

Raisin

Post Mon, Sep 02 2013, 5:15 pm
people make 365 different recipes?

I make the same 10-20 dishes (or whatever) over and over again.

kb

Post Mon, Sep 02 2013, 5:26 pm
It would be interesting to see a menu of 365 different suppers and see how many of them I'd actually consider making! Everyone has different likes and dislikes, dietary restrictions, budgets, seasonal fruits/veggies, etc...

Busy as a bee

Post Mon, Sep 02 2013, 5:39 pm
Hey if you don't want to be a part of it that's fine
But maybe keep ur negativity and down comments to urself.

mommyof2cuties

Post Mon, Sep 02 2013, 5:52 pm
Yay! Im so excited! Great idea! Ill email u as soon as I have a chance!

JAWSCIENCE

Post Mon, Sep 02 2013, 5:59 pm
By what time do we have to email you to get in on it? My recipes etc. are not with me since I went away for RH but will return before yom kippur.

kb

Post Mon, Sep 02 2013, 6:21 pm
I wasn't trying to be negative. I was just remarking that even if someone would give me 365 menus, I'm sure I wouldn't end up with 365 menus that I could personally use. Not that I think I NEED 365 menus.

I was not trying to put down the idea.

(Though honestly, I like my roasted potatoes. I can't imagine only eating them once a year! Smile )

mummiedearest

Post Mon, Sep 02 2013, 6:30 pm
op, I think the idea is good, but needs some refinement. no one needs 365 supper ideas for the year. it would be great to get that number of recipes and classify them into types, flavor profiles, ease, etc. that way people would have smaller choices to look at at any given time. otherwise, you might as well just have a large cookbook.

Ema of 5

Post Mon, Sep 02 2013, 6:45 pm
mummiedearest wrote:
op, I think the idea is good, but needs some refinement. no one needs 365 supper ideas for the year. it would be great to get that number of recipes and classify them into types, flavor profiles, ease, etc. that way people would have smaller choices to look at at any given time. otherwise, you might as well just have a large cookbook.

ill organize them!!! I love organizing recipes and typing them up. seriously, I really do, im not sure whats wrong with me.

its true, you dont need 365, even 325 would be great. even 300!! even 100!! Smile keep in mind, theres friday night and motzei shabbos every week, and I dont think you intended to include shabbos recipes. also, theres a lot of yom tov. so even 300 meals should be enough.

I would love some healthier options for supper, and also to expand my kids pallets. they are quite picky, but I think if I try enough times they will try something. we have a rule in our house- you need to taste something at least once before saying "its not my taste." my daughter is also going through a stage now where she doesnt like anything that she used to. she used to be an awesome eater. now, not so much.

the hardest thing about supper for me is figuring out what to make. if I could flip through a cookbook that was JUST supper, that would be awesome. maybe even put some pictures in, make it like a real cookbook Smile

Busy as a bee

Post Mon, Sep 02 2013, 8:55 pm
I know people don't need for a year. but you can use it for as long as you like.
The point is to be able to look at the beginning of the week and have suppers for the week planned.
I don't know about you but being a full time mother, employee, and student I can't be running to the grocery every day. This way I can do my shopping once for the whole week and be done with it.
I know people want the whole cookbook concept but let's start with getting weekly menus and then go from there. I would love to be able to make such a thing and maybe with the help of the mother who offered we can but I start small.
I think I'm gonna see how many contributors I get this month and hopefully send it out first week of October.

I am constantly seeing people asking for supper ideas or what goes with what. Hopefully, with this, it will make all of our lives easier.
Smile Surprised Surprised

INSPIREME

Post Mon, Sep 02 2013, 9:03 pm
I emailed you a bunch of mains, sides, and soups. I can't wait to get all the recipes.

Thanks!!!
Page 1 of 11   1  2  3  9  10  11  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Shabbos and Supper menus