Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Meat
Recipe for Fleishig Pizza?

Mevater

Post Fri, Mar 09 2007, 1:35 pm
Does anyone have a recipe for Fleishig Pizza?

su7kids

Post Sat, Mar 10 2007, 11:52 pm
I don't, but don't forget to leave off the cheese!!! <VBG> Very Happy

farmom

Post Sun, Mar 11 2007, 12:06 am
I make one with tuna - something odd that my dh picked up in Paris.

Pizza crust, sauce, tuna on top. Use the tune in oil, or mix it first w/ a lot of oil or it tastes to dry. We put some veggies on top - tomato and onion slices. Usually pour some red pepper to give it a zing

When the pizza is almost done, crack an egg on it(well crack and check off, and then pour it on - yolk intact) and put it back in the oven for like 1-2 more minutes, so the egg is REALLY soft boiled.

Personally, the egg part grosses me out, but dh insists that's the way it goes. So he gets the egg, and it does look pretty.

BeershevaBubby

Post Sun, Mar 11 2007, 12:36 am
The pizza dough I make is parve any way. I make my usual sauce (basically a very thick tomato sauce - use tomato paste as your base) with sauteed onions, minced garlic, black pepper, salt and oregano.

Then for the topping, I use either diced cooked chicken, sausage, browned chopped meat and assorted veggies (sliced onion, peppers, mushrooms, corn, olives, whatever) and slide it into the oven.

When the dough is done (usually 350 degrees F for 20-30 minutes) out it comes and we eat!

farmom

Post Sun, Mar 11 2007, 3:03 am
kmelion - does the chicken need to be cooked?
Or can you throw it on raw, and let it cook in the oven?

BeershevaBubby

Post Sun, Mar 11 2007, 3:16 am
I prefer to precook the chicken or meat, simply because there may be times that the dough is ready before the chicken or meat is cooked through. Also, because a toss it on top, rather than mix it with the sauce, I'd rather not have clumps of chicken sticking together.

Using leftover chicken is great, or if you have chicken breasts, I like to stick it on the broiler, 5 minutes each side with the thin breasts, a bit longer with the thicker ones.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics