Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Meat
How to freeze corned beef?

mommee

Post Mon, Sep 09 2013, 10:32 pm
Is it better to freeze it in e sauce/glaze or separately? (then do you stick it in the oven to reheat and defrost or do you thaw it first?)
If separate, can the glaze be frozen too or just made fresh?

And while I'm somewhat on nthe subject-freezing/reheating, can deli roll be cooked in advance and then frozen? How can it be reheated?

Thanks for any help!

asd3

Post Mon, Sep 09 2013, 11:21 pm
You can really do any of the above with corn beef. I've frozen it with and without the sauce it's good both ways. I've also frozen deli roll many times

mommee

Post Mon, Sep 09 2013, 11:30 pm
Thanks asd3. I planned on making something like a honey mustard sauce, so it's sweet. On the one hand, I don't want the sweet saucy taste to be overpowering, otoh, I don't want the meat to dry out or get freezer burnt if it has no sauce. I've never frozen cooked meat without a sauce.
How do you reheat the deli roll? (or any strudel) Do you thaw it first or pop it in the oven out of the freezer?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics