Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Meat
Skirt Steak Ideas

chocolate chips

Post Mon, Sep 16 2013, 8:09 pm
I bought beef skirt steak to make a salad but I bought just under a pound too much.
I have soaked it already to take out the saltiness.

Now I need more ideas what to do with it. I rarely cook meats and steaks so I am really clueless. THANKS!!

(oh and please tell me if it freezes good after cooking....)

ra_mom

Post Mon, Sep 16 2013, 8:28 pm
I believe quick and kosher has a quick teriyaki skirt stems recipe.
I suggest you and dh eat the extra fresh instead of freezing it.

naomi2

Post Mon, Sep 16 2013, 9:20 pm
just a tip, soaking is more effective if you change the water 2 or 3 times.

chocolate chips

Post Mon, Sep 16 2013, 9:22 pm
naomi2 wrote:
just a tip, soaking is more effective if you change the water 2 or 3 times.
Thanks.

well since dh and I barely eat meat, I only make it if I have guests which is why I figured I would cook something then freeze it for second days.
So I called my sil and asked her if maybe she coul duse it and she said if I bought it fresh yesterday, why can't I put it in a bag and just freeze it raw and then cook it when I need it next?!

Oh the ideas I don't think about!

seeker

Post Mon, Sep 16 2013, 10:04 pm
Easy and yummy: Brown meat on both sides. Transfer to pan lined with foil. Baste both sides generously with Mikee's Red Sauce or similar. Close foil over the meat like a packet. Stick in oven for a while. Never tried freezing but definitely fine reheated from fridge.

Alternative: Sautee sliced shallots. Remove from pan. Brown meat in same pan. Transfer to foil, cover with shallots, sprinkle some thyme. Close and bake. Salivating just thinking about this.

willow

Post Tue, Sep 17 2013, 11:24 am
seeker wrote:
Easy and yummy: Brown meat on both sides. Transfer to pan lined with foil. Baste both sides generously with Mikee's Red Sauce or similar. Close foil over the meat like a packet. Stick in oven for a while. Never tried freezing but definitely fine reheated from fridge.

Alternative: Sautee sliced shallots. Remove from pan. Brown meat in same pan. Transfer to foil, cover with shallots, sprinkle some thyme. Close and bake. Salivating just thinking about this.

Does your second recipe have any liquid?

seeker

Post Tue, Sep 17 2013, 11:28 am
No, just the natural liquid released by the shallots and meat, drop of oil from frying the shallots. You close the foil packet tightly and it doesn't dry out. At least in my experience. You have to sear it hot in the pan to seal in the juices.

Sorry I forgot how long it's supposed to bake for but you stick in a fork every so often to see if it's tender.

scrltfr

Post Tue, Sep 17 2013, 11:42 am
Pomagranate in bklyn has a sino steak sauce I marinate it after soaking and grill it .
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics