Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette
Is someone wrong here?
Previous  1  2

amother

Post Mon, Oct 28 2013, 12:56 pm
I am also pretty reliant on my parents and also have trouble keeping the peace if we are there too long.

What I try to do is drop off some of my kids on Shabbos and/or Sunday - whichever ones my parents are in the mood for or whichever ones don't have playdates or naps at the time.

Then my husband and I leave. On Shabbos my husband naps and learns, or we take a walk or go to a park. If my husband is in shul I stay home alone reading a magazine and drinking hot chocolate. On Sundays we leave and do errands or go out for lunch. It's a little tougher in cold weather but not impossible.

That way I can get the best of the both worlds - my kids adore my parents and always want to go to their house (better food, better toys, lots of love) and I get to have quiet time with my husband (or with myself).

Dolly Welsh

Post Mon, Oct 28 2013, 6:24 pm
You Mom might be snappish because you are there too much. Even unconsciously, she may want to make you leave her alone.

However, you say she was always like this.

If there is couple's counseling, why isn't there parent-child counseling?

As a practical matter, it would probably always come down to mother-daughter counseling. Still.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette