Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry
Be honest...do you hang up clothing every night?
1  2  Next

MMCH

Post Thu, Nov 07 2013, 2:00 pm
my dh struggles (ill admit, me too sometimes) with hanging up his pants, shirts that he wore that day...(obv if its dirty he puts it in hamper) im talking about pants, and shoes, sweaters...

so what do you do abt that? do u drape clothing over a chair? do u or ur dh hang up stuff every night?
do u have one of those valets?

pls advise me! it drives me crazy

smss

Post Thu, Nov 07 2013, 2:03 pm
we got hooks to hang over the back of our bedroom door. looks better than draped over a chair, and easy enough to do that it actually happens... (most of the time Wink)

boro parker

valets are practical, if you don't pile a year worth of clothing there...
You can find them pretty cheap in dept. stores

yummydd

I got him a beautiful valet for that. So it's a nice piece of furniture and has a purpose.

flowerpower

Post Thu, Nov 07 2013, 2:05 pm
I have a valet and dh used it every night. The shirts hand over the hanger part. The pants do go on the dresser. Shoes go near the valet - cant see them becaise dresser is blocking. I have hooks for myself behind the door. My slinkys hang there. My dressy clothes get hung in the closet as soon as I get undressed.

freidasima

Post Thu, Nov 07 2013, 2:07 pm
Who has room for a valet? We have hooks over the closet door so my dh's tzitzis go on one, and his pants if he wears them two days in a row, go on another. His shirt, underclothing and socks always go into the hamper. His shoes in the shoe drawer. My skirt if I will wear a second day get hung up on a hanger that gets hung on another hook on the closet and my bra and top folded on my nighttable, everything else (socks, stockings, panties, etc. go into the hamper. If wear the same skirt then I wear the same band on my sheitl (matching color so that stays on my nighttable as well, if I am changing my skirt then the band gets put away into my scarf box in the drawer.

Having no room means staying really neat.

amother

Post Thu, Nov 07 2013, 2:10 pm
freidasima wrote:
Who has room for a valet? We have hooks over the closet door so my dh's tzitzis go on one, and his pants if he wears them two days in a row, go on another. His shirt, underclothing and socks always go into the hamper. His shoes in the shoe drawer. My skirt if I will wear a second day get hung up on a hanger that gets hung on another hook on the closet and my bra and top folded on my nighttable, everything else (socks, stockings, panties, etc. go into the hamper. If wear the same skirt then I wear the same band on my sheitl (matching color so that stays on my nighttable as well, if I am changing my skirt then the band gets put away into my scarf box in the drawer.

Having no room means staying really neat.
FS, not necessarily Smile my husband and I also have a pretty small bedroom, think two beds and a closet and almost no other room at all. My husband's side of the room is a disaster. We use a space heater in the winter and during the summer things get thrown over it but many things miss or are just thrown on the floor. My husband has to walk over his pile of things on the floor, but thats what he does. I dont even pay attention to his mess because that is what it is, his mess, not mine. I just fold things back up, even skirts, and put them on one of the shelves in my cupboard, not the floor, but not everyone cares, space or not.

MMCH

Post Thu, Nov 07 2013, 2:18 pm
thanks for the advice..
we have 2 hooks inside the bathroom door in our room, which hangs our towels..

the closet doors are not strong enuf for hooks.. and I know my dh he'd say wats the point of even opening up the closet? lol

I think I will go with a valet

amother

Post Thu, Nov 07 2013, 2:23 pm
We have hooks over the door and DH uses those. I am much more messy and kind of just throw everything on the dresser. (everything not in hamper) DH is very sweet though and he usually hangs up my stuff for me.

amother

Post Thu, Nov 07 2013, 2:49 pm
I got DH a magazine rack next to his bed cause he likes to "collect" old newspapers and all kind of stuff he plans to getting around to reading - That's where he puts his socks when he takes them off Confused - if I don't grab them fast enough, he'll wear them again the next day - Well better there than one lost under the bed Very Happy - The rest of our clothes we dump wherever we want. I never really noticed - We're not living in a mess, I just never pay attention if something goes on a chair. We take it off in a day or two - so what's the big deal?Scratching Head

greenfire

Post Thu, Nov 07 2013, 2:53 pm
what's a hanger ???

amother

Post Thu, Nov 07 2013, 2:57 pm
I am trying to get DH to keep our room neater. At the moment, he has five hampers in the room for the different kinds of wash, and there is a row of hooks (10 of them) on a wall where he hangs his pants. I'm not sure he ever puts those in a drawer. When I spoke to him about not liking the look of the wall hangings, he protested that the hooks had been there since before we moved in, and clearly, they were meant for pants. Sigh.

On the plus side, he does his own laundry. Once a month.

zaq

Post Thu, Nov 07 2013, 3:06 pm
Actually, I do--at least the clothes I wear to work. But a chair in the corner is a dedicated spot for clothes that aren't or shouldn't be hung up. I don't like to hang in the closet things like the Tshirt or housecoat I wear around the house that I wear more than once before washing. They're likely to be damp, or smell of the onions I fried that day, or have some kind of residue that I didn't notice, and I don't want those things in the closet side by side with freshly laundered clothing.

Even the stateliest mansion has its seamy side. Just as everyone has a junk something--junk drawer, closet, room or garage--everyone needs a place for clothes that should not be hung in the closet.

amother

Post Thu, Nov 07 2013, 3:24 pm
I sleep in my clothes. embarrassed

amother

Post Thu, Nov 07 2013, 3:41 pm
Ha, I was going to say that. Not that I sleep in my clothes, but dh does, more often than not. The pajamas he bought before we got married - over a decade ago - are still in great condition. Can't say the same for his clothes, though. When he changes his clothes, his shirts, underwear and socks go into the laundry hamper - he's good about that.

My clothes get left overnight in the bathroom, usually, unless they're headed for the laundry. In the morning, or latest by Thursday when the cleaning woman comes, they get put away.

Ruchel

Post Thu, Nov 07 2013, 3:41 pm
We have so much less mess now than we have a bigger place...

chocolate chips

Post Thu, Nov 07 2013, 3:54 pm
I want to hang hooks on the back of the bedroom door but right now dh folds his stuff neatly on his bedside table and I either hang the stuff up if I have patience or dump it on my dresser and deal with it in the morning.

gp2.0

Post Thu, Nov 07 2013, 4:53 pm
Wow. I never realized that dumping clothes on chairs or dressers is so common...I joke that I need a valet too. One of these days...we got DHs for free.
I don't like hanging stuff on hooks either 1. It still looks messy 2. If there's too much weight hanging off the door the hinges will dislocate.

zaq

Post Thu, Nov 07 2013, 9:26 pm
gp2.0 wrote:
Wow. I never realized that dumping clothes on chairs ... is so common...

Where do you think the idea of a valet came from? It's nothing more than a chair that's shaped properly for draping a jacket, with a shelf for all the stuff a man takes out of his pockets and dumps on the dresser. A brilliant idea, actually, as it lets a man be a semi-slob while appearing to be a neatnik.

A real neatnik hangs his clothes in the closet at night and hangs his clothes for tomorrow on the valet.

Frumdoc

Post Fri, Nov 08 2013, 5:44 am
We hang on chairs, one on each side of bedroom. Dh also hangs on hooks over the closet door, and I tidy these up once there are so many I can't open the closet Smile

I don't like to put clothes I may wear twice back in the closet with fresh clothes.

He also hangs things on the floor,but I ignore them, he picks it all up once a week. If I see him dropping a sock on the floor, I sometimes moan a bit, but I'm usually not looking. Rolling Eyes
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry