Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry
Beard hairs .... gross

rkade10

Post Tue, Dec 03 2013, 5:01 am
I really need help with this one.

I keep finding hairs all over our house. Some of them are mine, but many, many of them are hairs from my husband's beard. They're all over everything - floor and table surfaces, not to mention sinks, in bowls and utensils and appliances in the kitchen, which means that I also find them in our food. It's really gross.

Why is this happening?

notshanarishona

Post Tue, Dec 03 2013, 5:52 am
I think it happens to everyone. Havent heard of any solution outside of hair nets and trimming frequently. Drives me crazy as well.

amother

Post Tue, Dec 03 2013, 6:24 am
Maybe your husband plays with his beard a lot and pulls hair out unintentionally? Maybe he has trichotillomania.

rkade10

Post Tue, Dec 03 2013, 6:51 am
Hmm, trichotillomania sounds a little severe, amother, but it's possible that it's happening because he plays with his beard a lot. That makes a lot of sense.

Frumdoc

Post Tue, Dec 03 2013, 7:27 am
Vitamin or mineral deficiency, stress or natural hair cycle (grow/shed) can all cause excessive hair loss.

Maybe a multivitamin supplement if his diet isn't great?

rising hero

Post Tue, Dec 03 2013, 9:01 am
He probably is pulling at the hairs. You don't need to 'name' it anything. If it falls out let him take something for it. If he pulls it on his own, make him aware of the hairy situation...

chocolate chips

Post Tue, Dec 03 2013, 10:52 am
I don't find them so much alll over the house as much as I do in the washing basket, bedroom and bathroom.
I mean I seriously asked dh if he jogs in circles in the tiny bathroom whilst combing his beard since they are everywhere.

He said a good point. Beard hairs are usually small and kinda curly/springy so a tiny whisp of air will blow them a mile hence if he brushes over the sink and 5 fall onto the ledge of the sink within 5minutes they could be in the kitchen!

As for me, best thing I did was cut my incredibly long hair....voila! No more annoying loongggg hairs stuck to everything.

But at the end of the day, hair is hair. It grows, we touch it, brush it and it falls out. It doesn't have to be any serious disease its life. Invest in a good broom and/or vacuum cleaner.

amother

Post Fri, Dec 20 2013, 12:43 am
it probably not trichotillomania... I mean I can't say for sure but my husband definitely doesnt pull his hairs and I find them everywhere and it drives me batty... do you see him pulling them?

He just fixes his beard a lot. he wears it up and it itches probably and he does it and payos also etc. etc.

FranticFrummie

Post Fri, Dec 20 2013, 4:53 am
My DH is constantly messing with his beard, too. What freaks me out is that it looks like there is pubic hair all over the house. shock Puke

I have no idea how to make things better, I just wanted to offer you some company for your misery.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry