Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry
Help!! Forgot to send out dry cleaning!

amother

Post Sat, Dec 07 2013, 5:33 pm
We are going to a wedding tomorrow. Family, so we will be in the pictures. Dh needed his good suit dry cleaned for this and we both forgot. Now he has nothing presentable to wear. MIL is going to notice, and she's going to be mad (and will probably blame me for failing at my wifely duty). Is there such a thing as emergency dry cleaning (and if so, where? Queens/Brooklyn/LI). Or is there some kind of home remedy that can pass for a professional job? TIA.

jflower

Post Sat, Dec 07 2013, 5:49 pm
If the suit isn't stained, you can have a local cleaners just press it.

amother

Post Sat, Dec 07 2013, 6:04 pm
But can they do that in time?

imasinger

Post Sat, Dec 07 2013, 6:20 pm
Lots of dry cleaners have same day service, and that includes cleaning as well as pressing. Try Googling it for your area.

Alternatively, many supermarkets sell a home dry cleaning kit, where you can spot clean, put a special towelette and the clothing in the special bag that comes in the kit, and throw it in the dryer for 20 minutes, and you can press the clothing at home.

amother

Post Sat, Dec 07 2013, 6:43 pm
Thanks. Dh will run out to the store to buy the home dry cleaning stuff. But how do you press at home? With a regular iron?

Liba

Post Sat, Dec 07 2013, 6:45 pm
a regular iron on a very low heat setting, with a pressing cloth, not directly...

momx6

Post Sat, Dec 07 2013, 6:57 pm
Where are you located? The dry cleaners on Avenue M and east 4th will do same day service.

greenfire

Post Sat, Dec 07 2013, 7:44 pm
do not do the self dry cleaning if you've never done it before - it's not a good time to learn how to press a suit ...

find a same day dry cleaners - in your area - [not all over the world - cause we don't know where you are located]

amother

Post Sat, Dec 07 2013, 8:13 pm
Thanks everyone. Dh got the kit, so we spot treated the stains and threw it in the dryer. I found a place that can drop off first thing in the morning and they will press it on the spot. I can breathe now Smile

auntie_em

Post Sat, Dec 07 2013, 11:36 pm
Would you mind updating us on how it turned out? I have been very curious about those kits, for some time now. Thanks!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry