Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen
Advice please-ovens!!!

Bamentch

Post Mon, Jan 27 2014, 9:18 am
My gas oven broke.Planning to buy a new gas one.What's good?what features should I look for?What should I stay away from??

granolamom

Post Mon, Jan 27 2014, 6:56 pm
I like my GE profile. I would look for an oven with a shabbos setting. and self cleaning.

imeinu

Post Mon, Jan 27 2014, 8:23 pm
I also am happy with my ge profile. I spent a little more to get the model that had time bake as well as delay start cuz that was important to me.

shanie5

Post Mon, Jan 27 2014, 8:26 pm
A great feature for me was time bake and delay start. I can put s/t in the oven before I go to work, set the oven to go on a t a certain time, cook for a certain period of time and turn off when done. Come home to a ready dinner (when I remember to do this in the morning).

Books

Post Mon, Jan 27 2014, 9:10 pm
I dont know if this applies to gas ovens (mine is electric), but I would definitely recommend getting a convection oven- it's such a time saver before shabbos!

ROFL

Post Mon, Jan 27 2014, 9:22 pm
Shabbat mode is most important. Oven then can stay on for two or three day chag!

Pineapple

Post Tue, Jan 28 2014, 6:26 am
Not a feature but the stove top should not be white!

amother

Post Tue, Jan 28 2014, 7:26 am
I have a white stove top and it still looks very good, seven years later. Just clean it with Soft Scrub with Bleach(mfgs recommendations).

Barbara

Post Tue, Jan 28 2014, 7:53 am
shanie5 wrote:
A great feature for me was time bake and delay start. I can put s/t in the oven before I go to work, set the oven to go on a t a certain time, cook for a certain period of time and turn off when done. Come home to a ready dinner (when I remember to do this in the morning).

Do you do that solely with vegetarian/vegan meals, or do you also do it with chicken or meat? I'd be worried about it spoiling, being unrefrigerated so long, but would otherwise love to do it.

BTW, I have a GE Cafe Series oven, and love it. The oval 5th burner is great for simmering soup for a looooooooong time while still allowing me to use the other burners.

shanie5

Post Tue, Jan 28 2014, 6:09 pm
Barbara wrote:
Do you do that solely with vegetarian/vegan meals, or do you also do it with chicken or meat? I'd be worried about it spoiling, being unrefrigerated so long, but would otherwise love to do it.

BTW, I have a GE Cafe Series oven, and love it. The oval 5th burner is great for simmering soup for a looooooooong time while still allowing me to use the other burners.

When I am worried about item spoiling, I prepare food before work and put in fridge. I then have one of the children put it in the oven sometime before it is set to start.

ra_mom

Post Tue, Jan 28 2014, 7:00 pm
Barbara wrote:

I wish I had this feature. And in my dreams Tongue Out I imagine myself putting chicken or meat dishes seasoned, prepared, but frozen, in the oven in the morning and have it set to start baking about 6 hours later.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen