Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Pesach Recipes
ISO Pesach cookbooks

SingALong

Post Tue, Jan 28 2014, 9:13 pm
Can anyone recommend their favorite tried and true Pesach cookbooks? It's my first year making Pesach so I want to get 2-3 books. I already have Passover made easy.

Pineapple

Post Tue, Jan 28 2014, 9:14 pm
I like the hemishe kitchen

imasinger

Post Tue, Jan 28 2014, 9:24 pm
Pesach KBD, Pesach spice and spirit

RachelEve14

Post Wed, Jan 29 2014, 12:53 am
Don't know if they publish it anymore, but I really like the Aish cookbook (it does have g'brachs but marks what they are and plenty of no g'brachs options). We also have the spice & spirit Pesach. Also if you look in your current cookbooks many have a Pesach section. Either scan the recipes or just type up the ones that look interesting and have them on the computer so you can access them after you kitchen is all cleaned.

Raisin

Post Wed, Jan 29 2014, 4:44 am
it really depends on your minhagim. If you don't eat gebrokts and keep chassidic minhagim on pesach (peeling, limited products) the spice and spirit is great. Since pesach is only one week I find one cookbook is plenty, but I also use a lot of online recipes.

Also imamother has tons of pesach recipes. use the recipe box feature! Or buy a blank cookbook to copy down your favourite, or print them out and bind.

SS6099

Post Wed, Jan 29 2014, 6:39 am
I love Tamar Ansch Anythings Possible. Excellent heimishe non gebroktz recipes. I use it all year! And imamother btw!

Sanguine

Post Wed, Jan 29 2014, 6:50 am
A few years ago we needed a fundraiser for a new Kaytana that we created in out Yishuv. We realized that most people only have about 5 recipes that they use on Pesach. Everything else in those big books are either year-round recipes (like chicken and salad), or things that are so complicated - not necessary for Pesach.

So we asked the parents to send their 5 "must have" Pesach recipes and put together a small book. I own a few of the "real" books, but this is the only one I use. I was actually thinking (before this post) that we can put together such a collection here. Ours was printed on regular paper and sold for just 25 Shekel - we made it Hebrew and English. and had gebruchts and non-gebruchts recipes.

If women are interested, we can do it and post the whole thing online either here somehow or I can make a website of it sorted by categories.

The idea is that you give the recipes that you like to make, not just a bunch of stuff to fill an expensive book.

So let me know if people are interested - The problem is that you have to pull out your Pesach recipes way before Pesach Very Happy
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics