Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
4 week old baby hollering

amother

Post Wed, Jan 29 2014, 8:48 am
My baby is 4 weeks old and does not stop crying. Maybe she's gassy or reflux or both. Any remedies out there? (I am not going to the dr now) I have enough milk so she's not hungry. Tia,!!

the world's best mom

Post Wed, Jan 29 2014, 9:05 am
Has the crying just started? If it's been a few days, I would try cutting dairy our of her/your diet. It could also be reflux. Or just colic, which means we don't know why the baby is crying or what to do about it. Some babies are high needs babies.

solo

Post Wed, Jan 29 2014, 10:40 am
Dd started her colicky crying at 2.5 weeks. Just as the books described it peaked around 6 weeks. And continued untill 3 months.
Since then she is such a happy easygoing baby kah. If she every cried a lot it's been constipation or an ear infection. For constipation dr suggested 2 tsp sugar dissolved in 2 oz water. Then just wait. Dd stopped fussing within 12 hrs of receiving antibiotics for ear infection. Oh and teething for some teeth only. I give her tylenol

amother

Post Wed, Jan 29 2014, 10:58 am
amother wrote:
My baby is 4 weeks old and does not stop crying. Maybe she's gassy or reflux or both. Any remedies out there? (I am not going to the dr now) I have enough milk so she's not hungry. Tia,!!

Call your ped and see what he/she recommends

busydev

Post Wed, Jan 29 2014, 12:45 pm
my ds has mild reflux. he gained nicely so they didnt medicate, but he used to scream if he wasnt being held in an upright position. and even then he wld still scream. also spits up and is congested since he was born.
the PNP at my ped's office told me to try gerber soothe drops. its colic drops but with a probiotic that helps the digestive track (reflux, gassiness).
we found it made such a difference. in a matter of days he was much happier, slept longer and better and cried much less. we still have him on it (4.5mo) each time we stop within the week (usually less) he starts crying more abd sleeping much more fitfully. its a bit expensive... but totally worth it imo.

amother

Post Wed, Jan 29 2014, 2:24 pm
busydev wrote:
my ds has mild reflux. he gained nicely so they didnt medicate, but he used to scream if he wasnt being held in an upright position. and even then he wld still scream. also spits up and is congested since he was born.
the PNP at my ped's office told me to try gerber soothe drops. its colic drops but with a probiotic that helps the digestive track (reflux, gassiness).
we found it made such a difference. in a matter of days he was much happier, slept longer and better and cried much less. we still have him on it (4.5mo) each time we stop within the week (usually less) he starts crying more abd sleeping much more fitfully. its a bit expensive... but totally worth it imo.

Where can I find these drops?

busydev

Post Wed, Jan 29 2014, 5:09 pm
I got it on amazon, but was told walgreens also has it. its like $1/day basically. 5 drops a day (on a pacifier, bottle or human nipple, or on a finger) and total magic. other places may have it as well, I havent checked
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics