Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise
No weight loss = thyroid issues?

amother

Post Tue, Feb 11 2014, 7:47 pm
My friend and I are doing my fitness pal. We've been doing it for over 3 months. I BH lost 15 pounds so far and she lost 2. She is eating healthy and is exercising and drinking water. I told her to get her thyroid checked out (because I keep seeing people on here reccomend that for lack of weight loss).
She wanted to know what that entails. Anyone know?
She also is nervous that any medication she may need, if there's an issue, will mess with her birth control pill. Anyone know?
Thanks for your help!

amother

Post Tue, Feb 11 2014, 8:33 pm
She needs to get blood work done at her pcp. If there is a prob the dr will guide her to an endocrinologist that will prescribe the right dosage & she will follow up every 3-4 months with blood work to make sure it's all ok. It should not effect her bc pills.

granolamom

Post Tue, Feb 11 2014, 10:28 pm
How much weight does she need to lose? If it's not much, it might just be coming off slowly.

amother

Post Wed, Feb 12 2014, 5:13 pm
She has a lot to lose that's why its so strange.

PinkFridge

Post Wed, Feb 12 2014, 6:26 pm
She shouldn't worry. She should insist on a full thyroid panel (and physical if she hasn't had one lately_ and get copies of the labs to be sure her TSH is 2 or under and that the T3 and T4 are comfortably within range. In case she does have a slow thyroid, the meds people are put on are very benign and more important, if dosed and monitored properly, very effective.

chocolate moose

Post Wed, Feb 12 2014, 7:20 pm
Are you part of Imafitness there?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise