Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Gemachs
Baby stuff, womens pants, tax deduction?

Teacup9

Post Wed, Feb 12 2014, 12:55 pm
I have a couple of gemach questions if anyone can help. Brooklyn.

Where can I donate baby stuff that is not in "like new" condition? The gemachs I know of want gently used items. I have bouncer for instance that I used with three kids and is missing toy attachments (but other toys can easily be attached).

Where can I donate baby clothes that are not in gently used condition? I try to throw out things with obvious stains, but since I am sorting in my basement I could miss some stains, fabric is worn done, etc. If no Jewish place will take these things is there a place I can donate them to for a tax deduction? Otherwise I can just dump them in the donation bins at gas stations.

Where can I donate gently used/like new clothes that very frum women wouldn't wear like pants? Is there a conservative or modern orthodox place that will accept these or a Jewish place that sells these things and puts the profit towards a charity?

mummiedearest

Post Wed, Feb 12 2014, 12:58 pm
I used to run a used baby gear gemach. I don't have the storage space anymore. honestly, your best bet is to put it up on luach.com or craigslist.

as for the clothing, try bnai rephael.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics