Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions
Chareidi aliyah-last chance
Previous  1  2

write on

Post Wed, Feb 19 2014, 2:50 am
I would encourage you to look into Rechovot a little more. We seriously considered Rechovot when we made aliyah because it is such a beautiful community and I have an uncle and brother there. I know they are looking to expand which may mean the infrastructure will expand also. You are welcome to contact me and I can put you in touch with people in the community who can answer your questions. The advantage of Rechovot is that it has a big city feel and all the conveniences while offering a very close-knit amazing community. I also think there is an advantage in that it is a diverse community, not all-chareidi, which I think makes for a more well-rounded chinuch for children, but that's just my feeling...

Hatzlacha!

amother

Post Wed, Feb 19 2014, 3:12 am
Quote:
I know you said you nixed Matityahu because of the education in Kiryat Sefer, but I wanted to suggest you take another look. I just moved here this past summer. My oldest is 7 (kita bet) and is in Avi Ezri in KS. We looked into the schools quite a bit before we got here and we were told that of the 3 Bais Yaakovs in KS, Avi Ezri is the most able to deal with anything ;outside of the box'. My daughter was in an AMAZING school in the states before we came (it was the one thing that almost stopped us from coming) and, although we are 'yeshivish' I am definitely NOT your standard Bais Yaakov girl. I am soo impressed with the school & the teachers. They have been absolutely amazing and accommodating. My dd did not speak a word of Hebbrew when we got here. I expected her to come home in tears every day at the beginning. And she came home with the biggest smile on her face, the teacher made sure she felt comfortable, and has worked with me all year to help her adjust and keep up with the class. And it's not just this teacher. I've heard it from other people as well, and seen the way the administration deals with everything.
The moshav itself is amazing and the community is sooooooo welcoming. I think it might be worth another look!
Hatzlacha!

I am not the op but would really like to speak to you as well.
I thought about mattisyahu a few times

Onisa

Post Wed, Feb 19 2014, 3:48 am
I believe people send their children not only to KS schools but also
Hadhmonaim, Modiin and ect.
Mb im wrong.

amother

Post Wed, Feb 19 2014, 6:20 am
Onisa wrote:
I believe people send their children not only to KS schools but also
Hadhmonaim, Modiin and ect.
Mb im wrong.

This is no longer the case. All of the (elementary age) kids go to school in KS

amother

Post Wed, Feb 19 2014, 6:22 am
amother wrote:
Quote:
I know you said you nixed Matityahu because of the education in Kiryat Sefer, but I wanted to suggest you take another look. I just moved here this past summer. My oldest is 7 (kita bet) and is in Avi Ezri in KS. We looked into the schools quite a bit before we got here and we were told that of the 3 Bais Yaakovs in KS, Avi Ezri is the most able to deal with anything ;outside of the box'. My daughter was in an AMAZING school in the states before we came (it was the one thing that almost stopped us from coming) and, although we are 'yeshivish' I am definitely NOT your standard Bais Yaakov girl. I am soo impressed with the school & the teachers. They have been absolutely amazing and accommodating. My dd did not speak a word of Hebbrew when we got here. I expected her to come home in tears every day at the beginning. And she came home with the biggest smile on her face, the teacher made sure she felt comfortable, and has worked with me all year to help her adjust and keep up with the class. And it's not just this teacher. I've heard it from other people as well, and seen the way the administration deals with everything.
The moshav itself is amazing and the community is sooooooo welcoming. I think it might be worth another look!
Hatzlacha!

I am not the op but would really like to speak to you as well.
I thought about mattisyahu a few times

Tell me how I can contact you. Perhaps you can be in touch with the OP and she can forward my info to you.

binayeseira

Post Wed, Feb 19 2014, 7:26 am
first of all - no place is gonna be perfect.
second of all - things are always changing.
third of all - you really have to check out the situation form close up.

So-o, wwhat I'm sayin is - quit wasting time and just get over here and rent an apartment somewhere (anywhere) and adfter a year or two, you'll know what you want.

My aunt always told me you don't rerenovate a new house until you lived in it for a year and know wghat your real needs are. Same with aliyah.

Just hop aboard!

(From Har Nof!)

binayeseira

Post Wed, Feb 19 2014, 7:28 am
BTW, I also think Mattisyahu is a good bet. we have relatives there.

FranticFrummie

Post Wed, Feb 19 2014, 7:34 am
amother wrote:
OP here. What about Tel Tzion? (not Telze Stone). Anyone with info about it? Kehilla aspect? To the poster who mentioned Beitar, we are also looking into it.

My best friend has two kids living in Tel Tzion, it's a lovely community. I can give you her email address if you PM me. She speaks perfect English, and so do her kids.

I'm looking at Tzfat, in the Dorom neighborhood. We're doing our pilot trip after Pesach, and DD is 10years old.

FranticFrummie

Post Wed, Feb 19 2014, 7:40 am
Forgot to mention, I have contacts in Beitar and Karmiel also, very good friends who I miss dearly. I can't wait to see them again!

Rabbi Itzak Goldman in Beitar (Haredi/Yeshivish), and Rabbi Ephraim Schwartz (YU) in Karmiel. They are both BT's, and have very welcoming personalities.

wispalover

Post Mon, Feb 24 2014, 2:43 pm
amother wrote:
I was going to say Rechovot until half way through your post.

Three things:
There is talk about Chatam starting a girls' school - contact them because I don't know what stage it is at.
The BY may be bursting at the seams, but it is excellent, the principal is excellent, almost all the teachers are excellent, and there is a real sense of family there.
Why does your dd need English speakers in her grade? Start her learning Hebrew this week and by the time you come she'll be able to manage.

I am sorry but this is not good advice IMO. Not every kid can pick up languages easily, it can be extremely disheartening for a kid who is struggling with Hebrew and to throw a child in, at the deep end, with no English speakers is very hard.
There is no guarantee OP's DD will just "pick up" hebrew if she starts learning it this week.

bambi75

Post Tue, Mar 11 2014, 4:59 pm
do try Kiryat Yeariim Telzstone about 75 percent english speaker ( South Africa, England, America, etc.)

Good Luck

November

Post Tue, Mar 11 2014, 5:49 pm
About giving DD some English speakers, I have a DD who picked up Hebrew very well, bli eyin harah, but has never been able to create good relationships with the Israelis in her class. They are too culturally different from her at this age (14).
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions