Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Notable Clips & Links
Unprecedented look behind the scenes at Lev Tahor in canada
  Previous  1  2  3 8  9  10 11  12  13  Next

FranticFrummie

Post Thu, Feb 27 2014, 10:41 am
shalhevet wrote:
Whoever understands Hebrew should watch this - it gives a much more insidious picture than the Canadian program (I'm listening to part 2 now).

If you don't understand Hebrew, at the bottom of the view box there is a little box with a "CC" in it. Click that box, and English subtitles will come up. The translator is a fluent Hebrew speaker, and I understand enough Hebrew to know that her translation is spot on accurate.

It's definitely worth your time to watch both episodes. What was saddest for me, was to see the men who were thrown out. They were so turned off by their situation (I won't call it yiddishkeit) that they are completely secular now, and one of them is a self proclaimed atheist. The middle road could have saved these men, and now they are totally adrift and unaffiliated. I blame Helbrans 100%, and their neshamos will forever be his responsibility.

vintagebknyc

Post Thu, Feb 27 2014, 10:42 am
Dolly1 wrote:
Sorry Imochka, but vintagebknyc does not appear not to love Yidden; there is a difference between defending ppl who ought to be defended, and between defending ppl who are brutally beating up their wives and kids! Especially after reading the letter above (forgot her screenname, something about "lovelife") u should be seeing it all from a different perspective!
Oh, and btw, u don't have to admit that the truth is appalling, but maybe u shud stop trying to fight against the stream...

I don't appear to love yidden? where did you get that?

Maya

Post Thu, Feb 27 2014, 11:01 am
vintagebknyc wrote:
I don't appear to love yidden? where did you get that?

You don't appear NOT to love Yidden Smile

vintagebknyc

Post Thu, Feb 27 2014, 11:05 am
Maya wrote:
You don't appear NOT to love Yidden Smile

darned learning disabilities! Scratching Head

shalhevet

Post Thu, Feb 27 2014, 11:14 am
sped wrote:
I am in tears. Where is part 2? How can I see it?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v.....ctive

The link is under the first video.

And I agree with the poster who said the LT "rebbe" will also be responsible for the neshamos of these boys who became completely secular. Is it any wonder they don't want anything to do with Torah after they were given this twisted version? And what on earth is a 14 year old to do when he lands in Israel totally alone with nowhere to go if not to contact his (secular) grandparents?

ILOVELIFE

Post Thu, Feb 27 2014, 7:34 pm
Thank you for the PM's and posts and support.

Ladies I tortured myself to watch the Hebrew parts 1 &2. I am at my desk still very shaken. This (and then some) is typical. But horribly painful.

pause

Post Thu, Feb 27 2014, 8:15 pm
shalhevet, those two Hebrew clips were hearbreaking... I don't have any words to describe or talk about it.

Sherri

Post Thu, Feb 27 2014, 8:24 pm
Who are the donors to LT?

Zehava

Post Thu, Feb 27 2014, 8:44 pm
pause wrote:
shalhevet, those two Hebrew clips were hearbreaking... I don't have any words to describe or talk about it.

They really are. I hugged my son and cried after I watched them. There has to be a special place in hell for a guy who suppresses the maternal instinct. Crying

ValleyMom

Post Thu, Feb 27 2014, 8:44 pm
NOT ME.

cholenteater

Post Thu, Feb 27 2014, 11:38 pm
wow... Thank you ILOVELIFE!! That must have been super hard to write...
just finished watching part one and two and have no words... it's seriously scary!

Mom3SV

Post Fri, Feb 28 2014, 12:10 am

Last edited by Mom3SV on Mon, Feb 05 2024, 10:52 am; edited 1 time in total

Mama Bear

Post Fri, Feb 28 2014, 12:24 am
I guess aryeh did not get psychiatric pills. And I was shocked that he's actually Helbranz's son in law apparently.

FranticFrummie

Post Fri, Feb 28 2014, 12:33 am
ILOVELIFE wrote:
Thank you for the PM's and posts and support.

Ladies I tortured myself to watch the Hebrew parts 1 &2. I am at my desk still very shaken. This (and then some) is typical. But horribly painful.

Sending you hundreds of Hug s. Thank you for being so strong, and posting your experiences. You're an amazing woman.

DrMom

Post Fri, Feb 28 2014, 1:58 am
pause wrote:

Thank you, shalhevet, for posting those links.

Absolutely terrifying and horrific. Anyone who defends this group should have his head examined.

DrMom

Post Fri, Feb 28 2014, 2:10 am
FranticFrummie wrote:
If you don't understand Hebrew, at the bottom of the view box there is a little box with a "CC" in it. Click that box, and English subtitles will come up. The translator is a fluent Hebrew speaker, and I understand enough Hebrew to know that her translation is spot on accurate.

It's definitely worth your time to watch both episodes. What was saddest for me, was to see the men who were thrown out. They were so turned off by their situation (I won't call it yiddishkeit) that they are completely secular now, and one of them is a self proclaimed atheist. The middle road could have saved these men, and now they are totally adrift and unaffiliated. I blame Helbrans 100%, and their neshamos will forever be his responsibility.

You know what? Although I share this concern as well, it is a secondary concern for me.

I am more concerned about their overall mental health than whether they are dati or hiloni. What these people suffered as children is absolutely horrible. I am concerned that they are mentally healthy and have supportive relationships. They have been abused to an extreme. It's a nes they didn't commit suicide.

Dolly1

Post Fri, Feb 28 2014, 2:21 am
ColorMom wrote:
I watched parts 1 and 2. I have no words... no words. Crying
There is something that I don't understand. When Arye meets his mother and brother, the mother is as cold as a stone, while the brother does seem more interested in having a conversation and I would say, even a relationship. When Arye mentioned that he would like to meet his brother's kids, he smiles and says sure. Then he apparently got some orders from higher up and cancelled the visit.

When they parted, you could see in his eyes the fear from the authorities, but I feel very strongly that there was regret too, regret that he could not continue the relationship.

What baffles me is this, Arye claims his mother was a loving involved mother before joining this cult and that she was so cold to him because her maternal instincts were switched off due to brainwashing and vitamins, aka psychiatric drugs. Did his brother not receive pills and was he not brainwashed like his mother? He was definitely a lot warmer to Arye than their mother.

What is your take on this? How do you explain it?

I agree with you. Somehow I feel that his brother misses him and is suffering in silence... what a heartache to watch them part and the brother has to suppress his emotions out of fear... Crying

Mom3SV

Post Fri, Feb 28 2014, 9:35 am

Last edited by Mom3SV on Mon, Feb 05 2024, 10:52 am; edited 1 time in total

asmileaday

Post Fri, Feb 28 2014, 1:08 pm
Thank you to everyone that shared their personal experiences. It must be really really hard. We need to know the truth. I can't get them out of my mind. Especially after watching the Aryeh/Yochanan video. Terrible.
I also wondered, where on earth ate they getting 5-6 MILLION from? That's insane

Dolly1

Post Sun, Mar 02 2014, 4:31 pm
These are really heartbreaking!!! I cant get to myself!!
http://www.tzedek.org.au/suspe.....omes/

http://www.yourjewishnews.com/......html
Page 9 of 13   Previous  1  2  3 8  9  10 11  12  13  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> The Social Scene -> Notable Clips & Links