Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise
Large behind
1  2  3  Next

amother
OP

Post Fri, Jan 05 2024, 9:29 am
I’m fairly slim but my backside is huge. All my weight sits there. It wobbles behind me when I run upstairs or run anywhere.
I know it can’t get rid of all but I want to tone it but don’t know how. I think that will help things a bit.

Any advice?

amother
Olive

Post Fri, Jan 05 2024, 9:46 am
No advice but same here Sad

I'm tall and thin with a tiny waist but a huge behind. I hate it and I'm so self conscious of it. and when I'm pregnancy, forget about it. It's literally bigger than my abdomen (I measured once lol)

amother
Buttercup

Post Fri, Jan 05 2024, 9:51 am
• Squats: Stand with feet shoulder-width apart, then bend knees and lower your body down until your thighs are parallel to the ground. Push back up to the starting position.
• Lunges: Step forward with one foot, lowering your body until your back knee almost touches the ground. Push back up and repeat with the other leg.
• Deadlifts: Stand with feet shoulder-width apart, bend down and grab a weight or barbell with your hands, then lift up to a standing position, squeezing your glutes at the top.
• Glute bridges: Lie on your back with knees bent and feet flat on the ground, then lift your hips up towards the ceiling until your body is in a straight line from head to heels.
• Hip thrusts: Sit on the edge of a bench or chair with your feet flat on the ground, then lift your hips up and back, squeezing your glutes at the top.

amother
Clover

Post Fri, Jan 05 2024, 11:07 am
I have a larger behind, I'm thin and it sticks out
I actually see it as attractive! Plenty of people pay tons of $$$$ to make their behind look like mine
I look good in leggings and If only I could wear jeans I look amazing!

amother
Tanzanite

Post Fri, Jan 05 2024, 11:08 am
amother Buttercup wrote:
• Squats: Stand with feet shoulder-width apart, then bend knees and lower your body down until your thighs are parallel to the ground. Push back up to the starting position.
• Lunges: Step forward with one foot, lowering your body until your back knee almost touches the ground. Push back up and repeat with the other leg.
• Deadlifts: Stand with feet shoulder-width apart, bend down and grab a weight or barbell with your hands, then lift up to a standing position, squeezing your glutes at the top.
• Glute bridges: Lie on your back with knees bent and feet flat on the ground, then lift your hips up towards the ceiling until your body is in a straight line from head to heels.
• Hip thrusts: Sit on the edge of a bench or chair with your feet flat on the ground, then lift your hips up and back, squeezing your glutes at the top.

These exercises will just make your behind more shapely, it will not make it smaller at all.

I have been suffering with this my whole life. No clothing fits, exercise just made it more perky. I have no solution. I wish I could just surgically remove it. Someone told me as I age it'll get flatter. Eagerly looking forward to that.

amother
Puce

Post Fri, Jan 05 2024, 11:52 am
It’s hard to find info on how to decrease your butt size nowadays. Almost everything you’ll find is on how to make it LARGER.

amother
Puce

Post Fri, Jan 05 2024, 11:54 am
While I understand the appeal of the female hourglass curves, people like Kim K leave me scratching my head.

amother
Jean

Post Fri, Jan 05 2024, 12:22 pm
amother Clover wrote:
I have a larger behind, I'm thin and it sticks out
I actually see it as attractive! Plenty of people pay tons of $$$$ to make their behind look like mine
I look good in leggings and If only I could wear jeans I look amazing!

I used to HATE my large behind. Until someone told me this. That in the non Jewish world it’s considered attractive and people pay for it. It really helped me come to terms with it although I still wish I’d be thinner in that area. Toning exercises help a bit and dieting too but you can never become flat if that’s your figure. Embrace it!

amother
Bergamot

Post Fri, Jan 05 2024, 12:47 pm
I'm a petit person with a huge behind & I hate it so. It's NOT attractive on frum women that dress tzenuis. It's attractive in jeans, pants, leggings, skin tight dresses, all of which I don't wear. I have such a hard time finding clothing that looks good on, because my body is not proportioned.
It's a family thing, I don't think anything helps much....

amother
Tangerine

Post Sat, Jan 06 2024, 11:48 am
I am living proof that it does get flatter as you age. Until then, shop with caution.

amother
Obsidian

Post Sat, Jan 06 2024, 1:17 pm
amother Tanzanite wrote:
Someone told me as I age it'll get flatter. Eagerly looking forward to that.

Yes, like everything else, as you age, it sort of droops. Sad

amother
OP

Post Sat, Jan 06 2024, 2:13 pm
Thank you all- yes it’s hard to shop sometimes. And pleated skirts oh boy I stay away from them.

I’ve always wanted to wear jeans!

To be honest, even more than my bum it’s the little triangles at the side that come when I’m standing still- maybe toning will help with that?

I once did do an intensive exercise routine daily years ago and I was actually able to wear the little jersey pencil skirts that were in at the time.

Thank you for the exercises to try- I’m going to try a few of them daily and see how I go!
Got a gorgeous denim skirt I want to fit in in the summer without my booty sticking out!

amother
Tanzanite

Post Sat, Jan 06 2024, 7:01 pm
I remember one of my high school friends telling me that my husband would enjoy it. I haven't noticed that he cares either way.
I know that in the world it can be considered very s-xy, I live in a black neighborhood and I got catcalled all the time even though I'm not pretty or thin at all.
For a frum woman it's a disaster. Nothing fits and very few styles look good. Dresses - forget about it. It's really hard to look nice with tznius standards with this shape.
There was a short time in my life when I was wearing pants and leggings. I looked amazing. Nothing tznius is meant for big behinds.

amother
Tiffanyblue

Post Sat, Jan 06 2024, 7:04 pm
amother OP wrote:
I’m fairly slim but my backside is huge. All my weight sits there. It wobbles behind me when I run upstairs or run anywhere.
I know it can’t get rid of all but I want to tone it but don’t know how. I think that will help things a bit.

Any advice?

Same sister.
Toning it will only make it more perky. Not worthwhile for me to tone it directly.
The only time it gets smaller is when I get smaller.
I've learned to dress for my body type. I can't wear all clothes.

amother
Tan

Post Sat, Jan 06 2024, 7:25 pm
When I was a kid my siblings sang "I like big butts" about me.
To my utter shock dh says he likes it. Nice but I want a body for me not for my husband
Fit and flare or waisted things is the only style I can do. No pencil skirts or sheath dresses ie most frum styles
Oh well

amother
Beige

Post Sat, Jan 06 2024, 7:29 pm
As my exercise instructor says “our glutes are the biggest muscle in our body”

I’m with you op… except I’m not otherwise thin. Lol
My tush was always big…

Curious, for all of us in this boat - do you wear your skirts on your waist or on your hips?

amother
Oatmeal

Post Sat, Jan 06 2024, 7:33 pm
Mine is massive. When I lose weight it looks kind of cool.

But now in my ninth month I look like a pure comedy show. It’s mortifying.

My biggest fear is the drooping with age. Omg. If this large happening droops I’ll be in deep trouble

amother
Blushpink

Post Sat, Jan 06 2024, 8:24 pm
Same I absolutely hated it all my single life.
I hate it still because it's impossible with Tznius clothing.
The upside is my husband absolutely loves it and I look great in leggings that I wear at home

Still would get rid of it if there was a way

amother
OP

Post Sat, Jan 06 2024, 8:44 pm
I’m sorry there are so many of us like this but I’m also glad it’s not just me-
When I look around and feel all I see is skinny knit skirted women and I could never go near something like that, it’s nice to know I’m not alone!

amother
OP

Post Sat, Jan 06 2024, 8:44 pm
We should start the big booty support group 😅
Page 1 of 3 1  2  3  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise