Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels
Precut sheitels

amother

Post Sat, Apr 14 2007, 10:22 pm
I'm going to be visiting NY soon and am hoping to get a new sheitel. I recently heard about precut sheitels, but nobody seems to know who sells them. Can anyone tell me where to go in Boro Park or nearby to try on precuts without any pressure to buy? Any recommendations for good ones? I'm looking to spend no more than $1000, and need it to last about 5 years.

I just want a pretty, basic style--a pageboy or even no bangs at all--that I can easily wash and set myself. I do not want to buy a standard uncut sheitel and then have it cut--been down that road before. I've felt frumpy for years because of allowing a sheitelmacher to give me a trendy layered look that couldn't really be fixed because it was short on top.

chocolate moose

Post Sun, Apr 15 2007, 11:00 am
Usually a sheital needs to be thinned to the wearer's face, besides the cutting at the sides, if you need it, to cover your payos.

withhumor

Post Sun, Apr 15 2007, 1:05 pm
You should go to Yaffa’s. They have a showroom and you can try and try and try some more. Many styles come pre-cut but it will need some slight trimming to fit your face. a trim here, a trim there.

amother

Post Sun, Apr 15 2007, 6:52 pm
Yaffa is a good idea--I remember as a kallah going there and trying on sheitels, although they were not precut--had to go downstairs somewhere and get them cut. The first sheitel I had was in fact a Yaffa. I think you are right that I could find something there.

Anywhere else?

amother

Post Sun, Apr 15 2007, 7:39 pm
Try Milano - they have some beautiful precuts (I was just there & there was a pretty decent selection) and their wigs will last at least four years (I have one that old that I still get compliments on).

elmofood

Post Sun, Apr 15 2007, 7:43 pm
chaya halon sells only precut wigs. she is somewhere in flatbush.

Raisin

Post Mon, Apr 16 2007, 3:38 am
I got a sheital from Shevy and it was pre styled. (or pre cut, I still had it cut a little)

amother

Post Mon, Apr 16 2007, 2:58 pm
Thanks for the great ideas, everyone!! Very Happy

amother

Post Tue, May 08 2007, 7:25 pm
Call Chana Kurinsky her wigs are the BEST! 718-221-9221
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels