Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers
What have you found out the hard way?

amother

Post Sun, Apr 15 2007, 11:05 am
What would you have liked to know about life, before making major decisions like who to marry and what level of Frumkeit to pursue, that you found out the hard way?

Hannah!

Post Sun, Apr 15 2007, 12:25 pm
edit

Last edited by Hannah! on Tue, May 06 2008, 5:12 pm; edited 1 time in total

brooklyn

Post Sun, Apr 15 2007, 12:29 pm
Life takes many twists and turns. Go with the flow and try not to hit many dead ends.

amother

Post Sun, Apr 15 2007, 12:32 pm
For me it's the frum schools not stressing the importance of and need for secular education in the workplace and setting us up for stress and unhappiness in our adult lives as a result.

You can be the best Brisker learner, but you come out with no more job skills than a public school delinquent. It means nothing on your resume.

Ruchel

Post Sun, Apr 15 2007, 4:28 pm
amother wrote:

You can be the best Brisker learner, but you come out with no more job skills than a public school delinquent. It means nothing on your resume.

true... it is so sad... not to mention the schools that are good for both kodesh and chol are extra expensive...and I don't think public school + Talmud Torah once a week is good either!

withhumor

Post Sun, Apr 15 2007, 5:08 pm
I learned the hard and painful way that eating yourself silently does not mean ‘coping’ it means hiding your true feelings from others, and it’s dishonest.

Purple Hug Bunny

Post Sun, Apr 15 2007, 6:41 pm
withhumor wrote:
I learned the hard and painful way that eating yourself silently does not mean ‘coping’ it means hiding your true feelings from others, and it’s dishonest.

I havent mastered that yet, and prob. never will..

chen

Post Sun, Apr 15 2007, 10:25 pm
That if you get a spot on a washable simcha dress and it doesn't wash out with soap and water, DO NOT leave spot remover or detergent on it for three weeks or so before washing it--no matter who told you that spot remover has to sit for a long time to do its work.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics