Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Household Products, Kitchen Appliances, Furniture & Cars
Lands' end winter coats for kids

happy chick

Post Sat, Mar 01 2014, 11:36 pm
anyone use the kids squall parkas? I got them and they dont seem to be very warm . but lands end rates them warmer for temps bet -5 and 25 F. they are not the down jackets, they are the polar thin insulation. does anyone know if they are warm enough for ny harsh winters?

granolamom

Post Sun, Mar 02 2014, 12:34 am
I got those for my boys. I thought they wouldnt be warm enough, but my kids say they are. I borrowed my oldest son's jacket last week to take the dog out (it was in the low 20's) and I was ok, I'm very sensitive to cold so I personally would prefer a warmer jacket, but I could probably be out for 30 min or so in that coat. my kids have been out in the snow for hours and they say the coats are fine.

smoms

Post Sun, Mar 02 2014, 9:15 am
A friend of mine actually returned them mid-season bec. her kids did not stop complaining that they were cold. She bought their down parkas instead.

happy chick

Post Sun, Mar 02 2014, 10:18 am
smoms wrote:
A friend of mine actually returned them mid-season bec. her kids did not stop complaining that they were cold. She bought their down parkas instead.

what are the average winter temps where your friend lives? I did not know they would take them back after the kids wore them bec theyre not warm enough for them. if thats the case, maybe ill keep them and see how the kids do in them.

mommy24

Post Sun, Mar 02 2014, 10:24 am
I have bought the Expidition parkas from Landsend, in a bunch of sizes, it says its the warmest, -15...My kids always wear sweatshirts when wearing their coats, with the sweatshirts they are fine. I live in the North east, so its been pretty cold this year. And they have been playing in the snow in the frigid weather and come back inside warm. But, I have found that the coats I got from Old Navy, were just as warm, if not warmer and half the price. I have also noticed that the quality of the landsend coats and sweatshirts are not the same that it used to be. They have ripped very quickly and do not withstand washing like the older ones I have.

happy chick

Post Sun, Mar 02 2014, 2:44 pm
mommy24 wrote:
I have bought the Expidition parkas from Landsend, in a bunch of sizes, it says its the warmest, -15...My kids always wear sweatshirts when wearing their coats, with the sweatshirts they are fine. I live in the North east, so its been pretty cold this year. And they have been playing in the snow in the frigid weather and come back inside warm. But, I have found that the coats I got from Old Navy, were just as warm, if not warmer and half the price. I have also noticed that the quality of the landsend coats and sweatshirts are not the same that it used to be. They have ripped very quickly and do not withstand washing like the older ones I have.

but they still guarantee their stuff 100%. they will replace anything

momX4

Post Sun, Mar 02 2014, 3:00 pm
I purchased the old navy coat. My DS wore it before it became bitter cold and was complaining. He has an early morning bus, and complained daily. I noticed coats in costco for under $30. My DS loved them. He now complaines his feet are cold Smile . The zipper broke right away and I got another one. So far so good.

The landsend coats of 5 years ago were warm. They aren't the same anymore.

mommy24

Post Sun, Mar 02 2014, 9:16 pm
happy chick wrote:
but they still guarantee their stuff 100%. they will replace anything

That's what I thought as well, so I called them up about one of my son's coats which somehow got ripped in the back. I was told by the representative that for them to replace it they need to make sure it wasn't our fault that it got ripped. I asked how can you prove that it was quality of the jacket(their fault) or if it would be mine.I think she told me I should take it to a tailor at that point, but I can't remember for sure. She said the way that I described the rip, it sounds like it was my son's fault, that maybe the coat got caught in something and he didn't realized and pulled. Therefore, it's my fault and they wouldn't be responsible to replace it. I was very surprised by this, I called again to see if a different rep would tell me the same thing, which she did. But, she added that I could fix it by the tailor and then MAYBE get landsend to pay for getting it fixed. I didn't bother.

happy chick

Post Sun, Mar 02 2014, 10:31 pm
mommy24 wrote:
That's what I thought as well, so I called them up about one of my son's coats which somehow got ripped in the back. I was told by the representative that for them to replace it they need to make sure it wasn't our fault that it got ripped. I asked how can you prove that it was quality of the jacket(their fault) or if it would be mine.I think she told me I should take it to a tailor at that point, but I can't remember for sure. She said the way that I described the rip, it sounds like it was my son's fault, that maybe the coat got caught in something and he didn't realized and pulled. Therefore, it's my fault and they wouldn't be responsible to replace it. I was very surprised by this, I called again to see if a different rep would tell me the same thing, which she did. But, she added that I could fix it by the tailor and then MAYBE get landsend to pay for getting it fixed. I didn't bother.

wow! im very surprised. my sister had an issue this year with her kids backpack which the zipper broke, and they sent her a new one, no questions asked.

granolamom

Post Tue, Mar 04 2014, 7:11 pm
my ds's zipper broke on his landsend parka. I called, they sent me a new one with a free shipping label to return the old one. no questions asked.

I dont know if this is true, but I've heard that landsend (and other big retailers as well) challenge returns from certain zip codes because of rampant policy abuse (you know, the people that return all the girls tights at the end of the season and then order the next size up)

sky

Post Tue, Mar 04 2014, 7:15 pm
My son has been wearing his Boys' Waterproof Squall Parka for 3 years now. The sleeves extended. He says it is very warm. I

chanee

Post Tue, Mar 04 2014, 8:45 pm
tearing in the center back is not like breaking a zipper. most fabrics when being stuck and pulled will get in some way ripped. I zipper is more something that can't purposely be abused. so should landsend make only canvas coats?

Leahh

Post Tue, Mar 04 2014, 8:51 pm
Lands end takes ANYTHING back, no questions asked. Either take the item with the receipt to a sears and return it there or mail it back with the return receipt attached to the original receipt. There is also a shipping label on the original receipt to use. They deduct something like 6.95 from the refund if you use that label. You'll get a full refund. No need to call them for returns.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Shopping -> Household Products, Kitchen Appliances, Furniture & Cars