Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Household Products, Kitchen Appliances, Furniture & Cars
Valet

Basya

Post Mon, Apr 16 2007, 10:35 am
I would like to buy one for my husband for his b-day and I have no idea-where to buy it - which kind to get and how much is a fair price for it- If anyone knows anything- please share!

withhumor

Post Mon, Apr 16 2007, 10:40 am
They’re about $150 and up, found in any home décor store. I bought one too for a bday and dh loved it. since I moved, I have no room for it. it’s like brand new and can sell for half. PM me if you’d like to come take a look.

shanie5

Post Mon, Apr 16 2007, 12:31 pm
my sister just bought 2 for $20 each (normally $50) at Boscovs (a dept store here in Pa.)

Ruchel

Post Mon, Apr 16 2007, 2:25 pm
Be careful with them, kids will climb on them (and fall Confused )....

shanie5

Post Mon, Apr 16 2007, 2:45 pm
dh has had one for years (bought at a flea market for $5) and kids havent been anywhere near it-not interesting enuf and also kept near closet door and is blocked when closet door is open.

greenfire

Post Mon, Apr 16 2007, 2:57 pm
I have a really nice one that my mother bought my ex when we were married ... he left it here ... my son loved it too ... he used it after ... my kids never climed on it ... funny I think our closet door also blocked it when opened ...
when looking there are a couple of dif features like for shoes and change that make them more fun and personal in picking one out ...

SingALong

Post Mon, Apr 16 2007, 3:33 pm
go to bombaycompany.com. they often have nice ones at ok prices

shabbatiscoming

Post Wed, Apr 18 2007, 9:01 am
wow, 150 dollars? thats pretty steep....I saw one at target.com for about 29.99 or maybe 39.99 and it was a pretty decent one too.

brooklyn

Post Wed, Apr 18 2007, 9:11 am
I once asked DH if he wanted one,he said what for. I hang up my clothes in the closet every night. For those whose DH or son loves them, why?

amother

Post Wed, Apr 18 2007, 9:15 am
brooklyn wrote:
I once asked DH if he wanted one,he said what for. I hang up my clothes in the closet every night. For those whose DH or son loves them, why?

brooklyn, its for those guys who DONT hand there clothes up every night. my husband's clothing are usually on the floor near his bed every night and well, it takes his erev shabbat to clean it up....

mother48

Post Wed, Apr 18 2007, 9:20 am
I got a really nice one at redenvelope.com. they're not always in stock, but check. has compartments for cell, keys etc which dh likes.

brooklyn

Post Wed, Apr 18 2007, 9:23 am
amother wrote:
brooklyn wrote:

brooklyn, its for those guys who DONT hand there clothes up every night. my husband's clothing are usually on the floor near his bed every night and well, it takes his erev shabbat to clean it up....

Does he wear the same thing every day? If not then why doesn't he put it away or in the hamper. I couldn't take it if his or anyones clothes are just thrown on the floor.

amother

Post Wed, Apr 18 2007, 9:42 am
brooklyn you trained your man well.
most men dont even know what a closet is.
and wouldnt understand the need to hang their clothing up.

brooklyn

Post Wed, Apr 18 2007, 9:49 am
I'm sorry for you, I guess that should be another gripe against your mother in law. Make sure your sons don't grow up like that.

shanie5

Post Wed, Apr 18 2007, 11:05 am
my sis bought hers cuz both son and dh take out their clothing the night b4. so instead of it lying on the floor or the dresser, they have the valet to keep it on-much neater that way.

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Wed, Apr 18 2007, 11:51 am
I wanted to get my husband one for Chanukah, but when he found out what I was up to, he told me not to waste the money Smile He lies his clothes over the armoire, and that seems to work for him.

Basya

Post Wed, Apr 18 2007, 11:57 am
Well - after much ebay searching and googling etc. This is the one that I bought- http://www.ekitchengadgets.com......html

DH wears 1 pair of tzizis and pants for a couple of days in a row- so its a neat way to keep them out till he's ready for a fresh pair.

This sure beats the vacuum cleaner embarrassed (yes I keep the vacuum in the room for this purpose embarrassed ) I never knew what a valet was untill recently.

greenfire

Post Wed, Apr 18 2007, 11:58 am
some women are like that too

shanie5

Post Wed, Apr 18 2007, 12:17 pm
thats a nice one basya- hope he uses it.........
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Shopping -> Household Products, Kitchen Appliances, Furniture & Cars