Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Purim
An open letter to my fellow imamothers....
1  2  Next

amother

Post Sun, Mar 16 2014, 12:52 pm
Dear Sister and Friend (whomever you may),

On this Purim day, if you find yourself sad, unhappy, regretful, questioning of Hashem and His ways, or any feeling that brings you low, please know that I am praying for you on this day of prayer. Whether you have no children, are separated/divorced/struggling in your marriage, have children with challenges, are proverty-stricken or don't have as much as you would like for luxuries - I am praying for you.....

And for those of you who have everything that one would think should make you happy, but still feel inside a sense of void - know that I am praying for you for menuchos hanefesh.

Finally, for those of you who won't read this until late tonight or tomorrow morning, when the festivities are done and you have enjoyed your Purim tremendously because of the family and friends surrounding you - know that I am praying for you too to always have the sense of gratitude and Hackoras Hatov to Hashem for your blessings.

I have been a member on this site for many years, but only recently began posting (I am still shy about always revealing my user name....). In the past couple of weeks, I have been affected by the posts of so many of you struggling with personal strife - so much so that although I don't know your true names, please know that someone out there is praying for you.

May we all have menuchos hanefesh and recognize in our times of pain, even the small good that Hashem has bestowed upon us.

Your friend,
A fellow imamother

Dolly Welsh

Post Sun, Mar 16 2014, 12:54 pm
Thank you!

Hurray for the Hug Button. Purim Sameach.

amother

Post Sun, Mar 16 2014, 1:06 pm
Dear OP,

Words cannot describe my gratitude and appreciation
On this day, at the time of celebration
stuck in my difficult marriage situation
with the way out causing much frustration

Your letter is like a ray of light
shining, beaming and made my day seem bright
May G-d bless you with all you want and need
All you take upon yourself - you should succeed

Happy Purim!

black and white

Post Sun, Mar 16 2014, 1:11 pm
What a beautiful letter.
A Freilichn Purim to all.

amother

Post Sun, Mar 16 2014, 1:17 pm
Dear OP
Thank you so much. I really need your prayers. As Purim progress and I see other peoples children come to my door , happy and celebrating, I am crying that I can't get my kids to celebrate too. The tzorus that I feel are overwhelming and my heart is crying too. People surround you when one has a family member that us physically sick, they stay away when ones family member has a mental disability
I really accept your bracha and hope that things will get better.
Wishing everyone Breiut Haguf and Breiut hanefesh
May your Purim be happy and may hashem help all of us with refuah

MrsDuby

Post Sun, Mar 16 2014, 1:23 pm
what a beautiful post !!!! I appreciated reading this ...

stuck in bed on Purim is not so fun... Sad Sad

naturalmom5

Post Sun, Mar 16 2014, 2:39 pm
What a beautiful letter
You made my Purim

greenfire

Post Sun, Mar 16 2014, 6:27 pm
b'ruchem tihiyu Cheers Clown א פריילאכען פורים

{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{ Hug }}}}}}}}}}}}}}}

Butterfly

Post Sun, Mar 16 2014, 6:42 pm
OP your post is so beautiful, so powerful, and utmost uplifting.

An extra special thank you you for having us in mind in your prayers.

Simchas Purim to all!!

amother

Post Sun, Mar 16 2014, 8:45 pm
Thank you! I am in need of all the prayers. Specially today. HaShem should answer all your tefillot

amother

Post Sun, Mar 16 2014, 8:52 pm
I was reading along, thinking, that's nice, but thank God I don't have real problems, I'm just not happy, and I came to this:
amother wrote:
And for those of you who have everything that one would think should make you happy, but still feel inside a sense of void - know that I am praying for you for menuchos hanefesh.

And I had to fiercely fight back the tears because once they start they wont stop, especially in the wake of someone getting it, getting me, and not judging me, or pitying me, but just saying exactly what I needed to hear.

Thank you.

freidasima

Post Sun, Mar 16 2014, 8:59 pm
You are an incredibly special person to write such a post. I too cried when I read it. Thank you for such beauty of thought and empathy for those in need. May you and your family be blessed with all riches possible. Riches of spirit, riches of health, of mitzvos, of tangible things and always good.

granolamom

Post Sun, Mar 16 2014, 10:09 pm
that was really nice. usually these 'a letter to...' posts are judgemental. this was just...nice.
May Hashem answer all of your prayers

imasinger

Post Sun, Mar 16 2014, 10:27 pm
Words written from the heart that went to the heart.

This is the board at its best.

ValleyMom

Post Sun, Mar 16 2014, 10:32 pm
Loving your letter!!!

Marysue

Post Sun, Mar 16 2014, 10:38 pm
Thank you, you got it all!

gande

Post Sun, Mar 16 2014, 10:46 pm
thank you! it warms my heart to hear that someome cares so deeply for complete strangers. People like you make the world a better place

gande

Post Sun, Mar 16 2014, 10:47 pm
thank you! it warms my heart to hear that someome cares so deeply for complete strangers. People like you make the world a better place

amother

Post Mon, Mar 17 2014, 12:44 am
Your letter made me cry.

After several years of infertility I am finally bh bh pregnant. Having complications in my pregnancy and now dh is not well and undergoing extensive medical testing. I had such a hard day, making believe everything is fine, smiling, and making purim a happy day for my dc. Listening to ppl tell me that I look terrible, like thanks that's just what I needed to hear now, and having to be mortified in front of in laws because BIL made a really stupid comment.

Sorry, I know I'm rambling but I really really appreciated this.
Thank you.

lifesagift

Post Mon, Mar 17 2014, 2:26 am
Party Thank you! Amen! Hug
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics