Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Toddlers
Bed for 2 YO

amother

Post Tue, Mar 18 2014, 10:49 am
My 2 YO moves a lot while asleep and wakes up a few times a night because he bangs into the walls of his crib. We think it's time to move him to a bed but because he moves a lot it obviously needs to be a safe bed- otherwise he'd fall off the bed.
The thing is - the only beds I found that were safe are small toddler beds which will only fit him for another two years (till 4YO) and that seems like a waste of money.

My question: is there a bed I can buy that will be safe now but is also big enough to fit an adult (for the future)? If so- where would I buy such a thing in Israel? what should be the price range?

Any advice would be appreciated- TIA.

studying_torah

Post Tue, Mar 18 2014, 10:53 am
Some cribs can be converted into a toddler bed- might want to check if yours can.
If not, I put my kids in a reg bed against a wall, and put bed gates on the other side

amother

Post Tue, Mar 18 2014, 10:59 am
studying_torah wrote:
Some cribs can be converted into a toddler bed- might want to check if yours can.
If not, I put my kids in a reg bed against a wall, and put bed gates on the other side

In what way can the crib become a toddler's bed? sorry for my ignorance. I have an Israeli Miskal crib.

And would any bed have the option of adding a gate? How do I pick one? I guess it would definitely need to have a frame otherwise there's nowhere to add the gate to?

Thanks for replying!

studying_torah

Post Tue, Mar 18 2014, 11:38 am
I'm not familiar with Israeli cribs bec I live in the USA. But here, you can go to the store where you bought the crib, or call the company that made the crib. Some cribs can have the sides removed or switched around to make a toddler bed.
As far as a gate, it has 2 long metal poles that go under the mattress and a mesh side that goes up against the mattress to protect the crib.

Dolly Welsh

Post Tue, Mar 18 2014, 11:39 am
Maybe just get a good quality twin adult size bed, with a good mattress, that will last twenty years, and work until he gets married? It will be way too big for him now. So, he will have a lot of room to thrash around. And maybe put a soft rug down, in case he falls off. Perhaps block the sides with storage chests, as a partial safety barrier?

It's cheaper to buy good stuff, and buy once. Intermediate stages cost more in the long run.

smss

Post Tue, Mar 18 2014, 12:08 pm
if you're in israel, I'd buy a "meshuleshet" - those kids' beds with 3 beds that pull out one on top of the other. they are a bit smaller than the standard adult-sized bed, but an adult can sleep on them. the bottom bed is not much higher than a mattress on the floor would be, so you don't have to worry about gates or anything like that.

greenfire

Post Tue, Mar 18 2014, 12:22 pm
you buy a regular twin size bed & put up a guard rail ... fisher price makes a good one ... or they used to ... mesh material with frame that fits under mattress & swings down for when you need to sit near him & lifts up easy for when he's asleep

amother

Post Tue, Mar 18 2014, 12:53 pm
Great ideas !! Thanks everyone!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics