Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
Passaic Kollel Health Insurance

amother

Post Thu, Mar 20 2014, 12:34 pm
Does anyone in Passaic/Clifton have Jersey Care and know where people go to get application assistance? I am switching the kids from another state's subsidized plan.

Is there a place like Lakewood's http://www.lrrcenter.org/public/ in Passaic/Clifton area?

What Jersey Care plans do people prefer and what typical doctors accept this insurance (ped, ent, derm, etc)

Thank you.

amother

Post Thu, Mar 20 2014, 12:56 pm
So I just asked s/o I know who's on it and she said she uses the horizon plan - the following are the doctors she personally sees on it- you have to see if they work for you- dr. samet (ped), dr. hakimi (obgyn- male has a female midwife who works with him), dr. horowitz (eye doctor) smiley dentist
you can prob contact Jersey care online.
She said that at least when she signed up there was no organization in Passaic like in Lakewood.
Hatzlacha!

amother

Post Thu, Mar 20 2014, 1:32 pm
don't know what you mean by "kollel health insurance" but I do know that the rosh yeshiva is against those jewish organizations and that's why we don't have one here. very tough for people who actually need it, but I think he's afraid of people abusing it.

you'll have to go to the passaic county office (scary but not terrible) and bring a million papers and probably send some back later, but eventually it all gets worked out and IY"H you'll get what you need.

and I've definitely noticed that more doctors take horizon than anything else. some places don't take medicaid at all which is frustrating, but you do find that there are still good dr's who do.

hatzlacha!

amother

Post Thu, Mar 20 2014, 1:49 pm
Thank you both for your help. I called a doctor I wanted to see and Horizon is what he takes as well.

Is there a number for the Passaic County office? The information online is minimal. I think my biggest issue is that the kids are insured by a similar plan from another state....which will dump them at some point since we are moving. So I am assuming getting them insurance will be difficult because most insurances like this require that kids be uninsured...so making this transfer seamless could be difficult.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating