Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Strollers
Mutsy Evo vs. Bugaboo Cameleon

Amelia Bedelia

Post Fri, Mar 21 2014, 6:41 am
Anyone has it? What's the quality like? Can I expect it to last for several children?
I can purchase a brand new Mutsy Evo for $225 (does not include bassinet), or a used Bugaboo in the $200-350 price range, including a bassinet. Which stroller would I be better off with? Either stroller will most likely be purchased from Craigslist, so I will not have a receipt, which can be problematic if I'd like to take advantage of the warranty.

Amelia Bedelia

Post Sun, Mar 23 2014, 10:58 am
BUMP

justmarried

Post Sun, Mar 23 2014, 11:44 am
I have a bugaboo chameleon and I really regret that purchase. However, I did pay $1,000 for it so if you get it for a great price it may be worth it. My Maclaren stroller and citi mini gt double both held up better.

I got the bugaboo for my first child almost 5 years ago. The major plus to the carriage is that it really wheels great. I barely used it for my second child, but ended up using it a lot this winter when there was a lot of snow.

I hate the hood - it is very short. It also has a very hard fold. I only use this carriage if I'm not going to need to fold it. It has an adjustable handlebar which extends a lot. It's a great feature, but caused me lots of problems. I live in a house that has about 5 steps. So every time I go out I need to go up/down the steps. The handlebar extends all the way when I go on the steps and one side of the carriage clicks like it's about to pop over to the other side. The other side of the carriage Bh doesn't click so for now it's still usable. However I would expect a lot more from a thousand dollar carriage. It's past the warranty and the chameleons entire base is one piece so it would be very expensive to replace. I can't even sell the carriage in this condition.

I take very good care if my carriages and none if my other carriages caused me problems. I don't know if my problems are common, but proceed with caution.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics