Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
Bulk Emails

amother

Post Wed, Mar 26 2014, 6:24 pm
Does anyone know of a good program/software that can send out bulk scheduled emails for regular mailings?

TwinsMommy

Post Wed, Mar 26 2014, 6:30 pm
I use aweber for a few of my businesses and rocketresponder for another. pm me for links if you want to sign up through me and give me a commission. Smile

Fox

Post Wed, Mar 26 2014, 6:33 pm
Since I'm assuming that this is work and/or organization-related, you might check to see if your database has the ability to send broadcast emails. Most databases do, and it's definitely preferable to keep all the information in a single location.

Smile1234

Post Thu, Mar 27 2014, 7:41 am
Try madmimi

amother

Post Thu, Mar 27 2014, 8:11 am
TwinsMommy wrote:
I use aweber for a few of my businesses and rocketresponder for another. pm me for links if you want to sign up through me and give me a commission. Smile

Thanks TwinsMommy. I looked up both of them but I totally don't know where to begin. It looks way too complicated. We're looking to send reminder emails to clients once a month. No newsletters or blogs. Just regular automated reminders.

Our email doesn't have a facility for that. Any suggestions?

TwinsMommy

Post Thu, Mar 27 2014, 10:24 pm
aweber and rocketresponder aren't complicated at all. you can totally do plain text emails and you don't need the fancy templates if you don't want them--- they're there if you do.

basically then you'd be paying for email storage--- a place to have all the emails so that you're able to send to the same group each month without sending to 1000 people (for example) individually since your gmail account or whatever can't send to 1000 people at once.

also you can put people in groups--- let's say you need a reminder email to THIS group of 500 people this week but another email to a diff group of 500 people next week--- you can do that with these programs. I have people who inquired about one of my businesses in one group and people who inquired about another in another group-- I can email JUST to the group, but EVERYONE can get my general emails.

also the convenience of scheduling in advance. let's say you need an email to go out on saturday morning--- well clearly you can't do that in real time--- but on Friday you can set it and forget it.

both of those are paid services though and if you don't need any bells or whistles you might want to see if madmimi and/or mailchimp are still free (one or both of them was at one point)--- you get what you pay for so for me, wanting some bells and whistles, I never tried them. If you need help with aweber or rocketresponder give me a holler. if you go with madmimi or mailchimp I'm sure someone else here has experience.

TwinsMommy

Post Thu, Mar 27 2014, 10:27 pm
ps--- how many people? that makes a difference. the free services might not let you do more than 500 or more than 1000 or.... dunno.....

amother

Post Thu, Mar 27 2014, 10:39 pm
I love MailChimp!!!

It's free for up to 2,000 people, unlimited emails. You do have to have an affiliate badge at the bottom of the email, if that's a problem. Easy to use, great customer support, and fairly priced if you do need more at any point.

amother

Post Thu, Mar 27 2014, 10:41 pm
BTW Mailchimp supports groups, scheduled emails, "merge" fields (like "Dear Devorah" instead of "Dear Friend), and most of the bells and whistles of other programs.

They are VERY strict about spam, though - if you get too many unsubscribes at once they may close your account.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics