Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
Pesach Shopping in Monsey???

amother

Post Thu, Mar 27 2014, 11:58 pm
I'm going to to be in the NY area midweek. I plan to take a few hours out to do my Pesach Shopping. I would love to go to Brooklyn - to KRM - but I think Monsey will make a lot more sense logistically for me.

Can you ladies help me out? Where should I go? Looking for place with best prices!

I basically want to buy anything that I need a frum store for. I do generally buy chicken in Costco so I won't be buying that. But, probably some meat (since Costco is limited selection) and just general grocery products - ketchup, mayo, (shmura) matza meal, gefile fish, coffee whitener, snacks, tuna etc. If there's a "drawback" to the place with the best prices (such as very small selection or very crowded etc. please give me a head's up and maybe suggest an alternative.) Might get our (hand) Shmura Matzah too - I have to check with my husband what brand he prefers.

For paper goods, is Amazing Savings the place to go? Or somewhere else?

What about for various items needed to turn over the kitchen? Coverings etc. I may just go to a Home Depot but wondering if you recommend anything? I still need to look through what we have to see what we even need this year. I haven't really made Pesach the last couple of years so have no clue yet about our inventory.

Might be buying Pesach Dishes this year and a few other small items. A good discount place for that? I don't' need fancy brand or bone china, just something that will look good. We have really nice Chrystal glasses and some other nice things for Pesach so I think we can go cheap with the dishes.

TIA!

momX4

Post Fri, Mar 28 2014, 12:02 am
There is a new store Evergreen which is right next to amazing savings. Thats where I do my shopping.

Cookiegirl

Post Fri, Mar 28 2014, 12:03 am
You can go to Evergreen and Amazing Savings (same parking lot). This Amazing Savings has pots, dishes, utensils- pretty much everything, and Evergreen prices are pretty good. Anything that you don't find there as far as housewares, you can probably find in Auction Mart (which you can also walk to without moving your car. Rockland Kosher also has ok prices on Pesach food.

If you can go early in the day that is best- otherwise, prepare for crowds...

Good luck, and Happy Hunting.

Cookiegirl

amother

Post Sat, Mar 29 2014, 11:25 pm
OP here. Thanks so much! Anyone else? Is Evergreen THE place for me to shop for Pesach food in Monsey if I'm looking for best prices?

Any place that's the equivalent of the Buzz in terms of household items? Saw their ad this week and had great deals on dishes and other items...

What about toys? Toys 4 U? Anything else?

Also, what about clothing? Any WELL PRICED stores? I definitely need to get my daughter a shabbos robe, maybe look for other things for her or me. I'm open to stopping by any good gemachs or frum second hand stores as well ( I'm spending a TON of money this Pesach, so if I can get a gently used robe, no issues here.)

Thanks again!

momX4

Post Sat, Mar 29 2014, 11:34 pm
amother wrote:
OP here. Thanks so much! Anyone else? Is Evergreen THE place for me to shop for Pesach food in Monsey if I'm looking for best prices?

Any place that's the equivalent of the Buzz in terms of household items? Saw their ad this week and had great deals on dishes and other items...

What about toys? Toys 4 U? Anything else?

Also, what about clothing? Any WELL PRICED stores? I definitely need to get my daughter a shabbos robe, maybe look for other things for her or me. I'm open to stopping by any good gemachs or frum second hand stores as well ( I'm spending a TON of money this Pesach, so if I can get a gently used robe, no issues here.)

Thanks again!

All Fresh may be a bit cheaper, but for me its not worth it. Evergreen is way cleaner, wide isles, has more brand choices, and the meat department is really great.

For cheap, but great clothing, check out the Childrens Outlet in the same mall. I have gotten skirts for $10 and robes for $30.

I dont buy that many toys, but Toys for U is a great place. You can try target and/or Walmart if you go there anyway.

Household items are more expensive than in Brooklyn, hence my Target and Walmart reference. I was once looking for a $10 broom my sister told me about. I asked a local store for help since the $10 didnt look right. The correct broom was $15.

amother

Post Sun, Mar 30 2014, 12:02 am
Thanks Momx4. Great feedback.

I'll have my phone with me so I'll make sure to quickly compare any prices on household items to Target or Amazon prime. The major purchase will be dishes. Good to know that for household in general I would do better at Brooklyn (not going to happen on this trip) or our local Target.

Thanks for the clothing store lead. I don't mind other leads ladies. Also, although I don't generally spend o ton on my kids clothing, I don't mind spending $60 or so on a nice shabbos robe for my daughter because she literally wears it every.single. Friday night all season long. So although I have no shame getting one second hand if it's nice, I also would spend on it. So any leads on other girls (and womens...maybe if I have time I'll look for me) stores. Not the high end European stuff please! (That kind of money I won't spend.) Type of clothing besides price - definitely covering our whole knees but not chassidish type styles.

momX4

Post Sun, Mar 30 2014, 12:11 am
If you dont mind spend more on a robe, try Shaindy's in rockland kosher mall. I know that there is a second hand clothing shop somewhere near Eli's bagel shop, but I am not sure where.

The Childrens Outlet is more of a chasidish style store, like most in Monsey. We were able to find denim skirts for $10 and they were stylish. They also have nice shabbos skirts. The tops we found in Gap and Target.

out-of-towner

Post Sun, Mar 30 2014, 12:18 am
Not sure if they really sell children's clothing, but I found a lot of nice stuff at Ruthies Unique Boutique for reasonable price. It is across the road from Evergreen if I remember correctly.

purpleink

Post Sun, Mar 30 2014, 11:00 am
If you go on Wednesday, you can stop by the man in the truck (on Ashel lane, not sure about addresses). He has some nice items (underclothes, suits, robes) and some not so nice items... but very good prices.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics