Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Pesach
When are you turning over??
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next

Thursday night.  
 28%  [ 42 ]
Motzi Shabbat.  
 27%  [ 41 ]
Sometime on Sunday.  
 21%  [ 32 ]
Wednesday  
 14%  [ 22 ]
Earlier  
 6%  [ 10 ]
Total Votes : 147

abaker

Post Sat, Apr 05 2014, 10:07 pm
abaker wrote:
How can you serve in Pesach dishes, don't you have challah on the table?

I'm trying to figure out how to turn over early enough to do cooking in advance I'd like to makes soups and main dishes and freeze before Pesach but also still want to eat chametz! Ahh decisions decisions !!

Oops didn't mean to quote you etcky...,certainly not singling you out...just wondering the logistics in general...about having chametz shabbos when kitchen is turned over already. Sorry!!

Liba

Post Sat, Apr 05 2014, 10:10 pm
We cook in pesach pots, serve in disposables, eat in disposable dishes. Trash is in the dining room. Nothing goes back into the kitchen once it leaves. If someone wants a second bowl of soup they get a new (disposable) bowl for it.

b from nj

Post Sat, Apr 05 2014, 10:13 pm
abaker wrote:
How can you serve in Pesach dishes, don't you have challah on the table?

I'm trying to figure out how to turn over early enough to do cooking in advance I'd like to makes soups and main dishes and freeze before Pesach but also still want to eat chametz! Ahh decisions decisions !!

Sometimes ppl eat challah outside & then come back inside the house for the rest of the meal or else they eat it over a napkin very very carefully so that there are no crumbs & then they proceed with the rest of the kosher l'pesach meal.

Rubber Ducky

Post Sat, Apr 05 2014, 10:22 pm
We're turning over the dining room and the fleishik and pareve parts of the kitchen now and tomorrow (Sunday). The milchik side of the kitchen and the breakfast room will stay chometzdik until next Sunday.

Next Shabbos we can make kiddush and hamotzi at the breakfast table and then move to the Pesachdik dining table with Pesach food and Pesach dishes -- I like yapchik!

flowerpower

Post Sat, Apr 05 2014, 10:22 pm
I'm planning to kasher tuesday- wednesday iyh. Takes me a few hours at least to turn over and bring up all the million stuff. Then being home for all meals with guest... I need time to cook!!!!!

pause

Post Sat, Apr 05 2014, 10:35 pm
I didn't vote. We're kashering Monday morning. Smile

imasinger

Post Sat, Apr 05 2014, 10:40 pm
Tomorrow, iy"H! I just shlepped down all the boxes, and I am tired. In the morning, while DH is at shul and learning, I have a tiny bit of the fridge left, some covering, and a few Shabbos dishes to wash. (I left the urn on so that I can use warm water without turning it on in the sinks.)

Next week, we are set up for a last bit of chametz/kitniyot in the DR with a microwave and toaster. I'll close that up on Thursday, and clean well. Shabbos will be made pesachdik and kitniyot except for challah, which we will eat over paper plates on a disposable plastic tablecloth cover. I'll probably serve on paper, though, just in case, and bring out the pesachdik china after I am satisfied that the room is all clean.

mandr

Post Sat, Apr 05 2014, 10:44 pm
During the night!

oliveoil

Post Sat, Apr 05 2014, 11:01 pm
Friday.

I'll be working all day Sunday and I need to be able to cook on Monday.

amother

Post Sat, Apr 05 2014, 11:34 pm
pause wrote:
I didn't vote. We're kashering Monday morning. Smile
monday as in 2 days from now or erev pesach??

amother

Post Sat, Apr 05 2014, 11:43 pm
Monday iyh. Two days from now. My husband works crazy late the rest of the week (think supermarket manager) so it's my only option. I finish my dining room last so we eat chometz there

amother

Post Sat, Apr 05 2014, 11:48 pm
wednesday --- BUT from the past I know that it takes me the rest of the day to cover. I have a pretty large kitchen. And then shlep in all the pesach boxes from the garage .... it takes so much time that nothing will get cooked until the next day. Oh, what another pair of hands could do .....

amother

Post Sat, Apr 05 2014, 11:59 pm
I really dont know how u people turn over so late.....either you are all young couples or you live in israel and have only one day first days yt....I have to make giant pots of beets..compote..soup...lukshen...I have to turn over at least wednesday!

black sheep

Post Sun, Apr 06 2014, 12:01 am
Cleaning th fridge, oven, pantry, cabinets on monday and tuesday, then kashering and lining on wednesday. The stress bothers me more than the cleaning, so I would rather be done early. Dining room is easiest to clean, so we will have chometz there until motzei shabbos. Paper/plastic on shabbos hagadol. This way I can cook and bake without stress on sunday and monday.

amother

Post Sun, Apr 06 2014, 12:08 am
amother wrote:
I really dont know how u people turn over so late.....either you are all young couples or you live in israel and have only one day first days yt....I have to make giant pots of beets..compote..soup...lukshen...I have to turn over at least wednesday!

same here ....you forgot about the 10 lbs of homemade gefilte fish. That itself takes a whole day!

RachelEve14

Post Sun, Apr 06 2014, 12:24 am
I am running a mishpachton in the house through Wednesday. I am planning on finishing everything Wednesday night and kashering on Thursday. Shabbot haGadol will be Pesach, but I will buy the kids KLP cereal they can eat outside on disposables and we'll have chummos, etc. also on disposables. The living room will get a final once over on Sunday once all the chamatz is totally out. That's the plan anyway, check back next week to see what happened Wink

ROFL

Post Sun, Apr 06 2014, 12:28 am
Reading this as I am turning over and over in bed. Help I really need to get my act together.

etky

Post Sun, Apr 06 2014, 12:43 am
Rubber Ducky wrote:
We're turning over the dining room and the fleishik and pareve parts of the kitchen now and tomorrow (Sunday). The milchik side of the kitchen and the breakfast room will stay chometzdik until next Sunday.

Next Shabbos we can make kiddush and hamotzi at the breakfast table and then move to the Pesachdik dining table with Pesach food and Pesach dishes -
- I like yapchik!

That's exactly what we do. Hamotzi on challah in the small chametz part of the kitchen (chalavi counter and kitchen table) which I will only turn over Sunday evening and the rest of the meal KLP in the dining room.

oliveoil

Post Sun, Apr 06 2014, 12:47 am
amother wrote:

We cook on Yom Tov.

We prefer fresh food anyway, so not that much cooking and freezing going on here.

Aetrsnrady

Post Sun, Apr 06 2014, 12:49 am
Turning over kitchen on Friday, but will leave ovens (self cleaning) until after Shabbos. Dining room table will stay chometz until after Shabbos. Cook for Shabbos (kitniyos) on Thursday. Disposable everything. My family also loves chulent. I make it in a crock pot that is plugged in on a small table away from everything else.wash in the bathroom
Page 2 of 6   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next Recent Topics