Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management
In your space

amother

Post Mon, Apr 07 2014, 5:41 am
So there is a person who last minute needs a room before Yom Tov. It's a potential to make a few emergency dollars we could use to survive. The problem is it will possibly be invading our space.

How do you know where the comfort zone begins and ends with a stranger in your home. Especially during Pesach.

imasinger

Post Mon, Apr 07 2014, 7:12 am
Two suggestions:

First, planning helps. Envision it working well. What would that look like?

Now, envision yourself feeling as if your space was invaded/overwhelmed. How would that look?

Now, what ground rules would you need to keep things more on the good path? Set them in advance. Talk to the people who let you know of this situation, and share your concerns and proposed ground rules.

Second suggestion -- work on enjoying the unexpected, so that no matter what happens, ot will be part of an adventure that will net you some lifesaving cash. Be prepared to enjoy whatever comes, either as something nice, or something that you will laugh about together. This opportunity is a gift from Hashem, and like many gifts, comes with challenges for growth enclosed. Use what you have learned about such things to keep up the right mindset.

chani8

Post Mon, Apr 07 2014, 8:09 am
Oh, are you another introvert, OP? Private space is really important to introverts.

It's hard having guests, but if you need the money, it might be worth it...or not.

Only you can decide if it's worth it.

amother

Post Mon, Apr 07 2014, 8:25 am
I'm not sure what needing a room means. Just a place to sleep for a couple days or are they going to be hanging around and expecting meals too? Either way, yes, you give up some space and some privacy. And speaking for myself only, it would be a challenge. But if I needed the money badly enough....
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics