Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
Staten Island
Previous  1  2  3  4  Next

amother

Post Sun, May 18 2014, 12:44 pm
Hi, I am the another that commented earlier that it's exciting to have people move. About pediatrician, I actually had a hard time finding.a good pediatrician here , but I also had a phenomenal doctor in Brooklyn so maybe my standards were very high. Many people do go to Dr. Banner or Dr. Cereb. As far as schools my kids are in RJj preschool.....so far so good...I am happy with the school.It's a 6 min drive from my house to school. I don't know about commute to city.

amother

Post Sun, May 18 2014, 12:57 pm
amother wrote:
Another Staten Islander here, and we too are very excited about it! Like the amothers above said, we think it'll be great to have more Jews in the neighborhood, and it'll be great for the expansion of kosher availability (I.e. the kosher grocery expanding to a bigger kosher supermarket). So, welcome! Smile

Just out of curiosity, is everyone looking to buy, or are families looking to rent houses too?

I'm looking to rent

amother

Post Sun, May 18 2014, 3:49 pm
I would love to know about satmar moving there, cuz im thinking about it....

amother

Post Mon, May 19 2014, 10:30 am
Thank you staten islanders for your responses about a pediatrician. I am also wondering how hard is it to find cleaning help? Do most cleaning ladies travel in by bus or live on the island?

Also I heard there are 2 nearby playgrounds can you please tell me the names of the street where it is
Thank you all so much!

amother

Post Mon, May 19 2014, 12:07 pm
amother wrote:
Hi, I am the another that commented earlier that it's exciting to have people move. About pediatrician, I actually had a hard time finding.a good pediatrician here , but I also had a phenomenal doctor in Brooklyn so maybe my standards were very high. Many people do go to Dr. Banner or Dr. Cereb.

What pediatrician did you end up with? Are you happy now?
I wanna know if they always just give antibiotics or they.make sure its really needed
Also I am concerned about well visits cuz the Dr I use here hardly looks at my kid at a well visit just give shots height weight so...

amother

Post Mon, May 19 2014, 2:26 pm
Regarding playgrounds. There Are 2. One is in the local public school ps54. Which is on willowbrook road officially but the park enterence is on uxebridge. The park is avail from 4:30 on during the week and on weekends. On shabbos it is full of frum people.
There is one large climbing structure and the ground is soft rubber there are also a couple other fenced in areas
The other park is part of the youn Israel yisi.org on Forrest hill ave. has a bunch of climbing structure but has rubber chips as surface which not everyone likes

amother

Post Mon, May 19 2014, 2:30 pm
I don't think cleaning help is that hard to come by. Most people use Spanish ladies who live in si and come by bus from their neighborhoods

Again both docs mentioned are good for checkups. They will both prescribe meds for ear infections etc. Never had anyone say. Wait it out etc. But I don't know if they would object if you would try and do that

working hard

Post Mon, May 19 2014, 2:48 pm
I find Dr. Banner great for Checkups. He will give medicine for an ear infection but does not jump to do so. For example, more than once, I came in with my DD when she had fever and fluid in the ears. Since the fluid was not infected he did not medicate. He had no problem with giving an ear infection a few days to see if antibiotics is necessary. He also gives when you do need it. I am very happy with him.

farfel

Post Mon, May 19 2014, 4:14 pm
How are the chassidish people planning to transport their kids into bp for school and Cheder?

dhithere

Post Tue, Jan 13 2015, 7:03 pm
I was looking for the past 2 months . every week more and more homes went onto the market . some where even not on the market but owners r willing to sell for a fair price :-p . I looked at quite a few across bradley which is not jewish yet but in a few block radious. There u can find more detached homes as apposed to the semis that most homes r. I settled on one in the area and a semi. But u still have your deck and backyard and property so its not that bad..

amother

Post Tue, Jan 13 2015, 7:56 pm
We love it here in Staten Island. We've been living here for 7 years. We use dr Cereb and are very happy with the practice. There is transportation for the chassidish families that have been moving in to bring children to school in brooklyn. It's a wonderful warm community. Very quiet, with nice houses and no alternate of side street parking! There are frum brokers who show homes.

dhithere

Post Tue, Jan 13 2015, 8:12 pm
Amother.ive been coming in every sunday and checking it out.love the area. The quietness yet u see pple. I come from chasidish background but leading a more heimish openminded home. Im soo excited for my daring move cuz I love meeting diff pple from diff backgrounds and would love to give my kids an experience we never got.

Bpmom8

Post Wed, Jan 14 2015, 12:43 am
Well I perso know four families that have already moved from BP and two more that are in contract and ate expecting to close shortly. I to am from BP and hope to move there one day it is definitely more affordable then my current situation.

amother

Post Wed, Jan 14 2015, 1:42 am
Bpmom8 wrote:
Well I perso know four families that have already moved from BP and two more that are in contract and ate expecting to close shortly. I to am from BP and hope to move there one day it is definitely more affordable then my current situation.

What type of background are u from?

Bpmom8

Post Mon, Jan 19 2015, 6:28 pm
amother wrote:
What type of background are u from?
Chassidish

dhithere

Post Mon, Jan 19 2015, 8:23 pm
Im also from chasidish background. But leading a more openminded heimish lifestyle.

Bpmom8

Post Tue, Jan 20 2015, 11:08 am
dhithere wrote:
Im also from chasidish background. But leading a more openminded heimish lifestyle.
yeah I think that's what most of the people that moved consider themselves. Anyways I think it is worth looking into.

dhithere

Post Tue, Jan 20 2015, 12:24 pm
Bpmom8 u also moving there? I wanna get to know the people there.. we hoping to go into contract in the next week or two. Before the end of the month.

Bpmom8

Post Tue, Jan 20 2015, 12:44 pm
dhithere wrote:
Bpmom8 u also moving there? we hoping to go into contract in the next week or two.
Dhithere that's very nice lots of hatzlacha. About me moving there eventually but no immediate plans yet.

dhithere

Post Mon, Jan 26 2015, 10:41 pm
I know these are old posts.but im mid contract and want to hear more abt the community. And if anyone knows if theres transportation or carpool to bais yackov bp?
Page 3 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating