Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> The Imamother Writing Club
Published work

amother

Post Thu, May 08 2014, 6:01 pm
So I've published many things in the past but this week I was surprised to get a text from my friend commenting on one of my articles. The magazine usually sends me a final draft before going to print and tells me when it will print. This is the second time this has happened where I open the magazine randomly and find my piece. Has anyone ever had this? Is this okay? For some reason I feel it is not.

amother

Post Fri, May 09 2014, 12:54 pm
Bump

amother

Post Fri, May 09 2014, 2:15 pm
I am a freelance writer. I've had many articles published, but always got notified in advance that my article would be published. Waiting to hear what other have to say about this.

amother

Post Fri, May 09 2014, 2:49 pm
Posting anonymously because I work in the industry.

I think it makes a difference if it was an unsolicited submission or something they specifically asked you to write.

When it comes to submissions, we're more or less doing you a favor by using your article. We generally try to run the final draft by authors and let them know when we'll be using it, but there are always articles that fall through the cracks. Sometimes things have to be switched around at the last minute. And authors who are nitpicky about our editing, well it's temping to "forget" to run the draft by them...

Boysrock!

Post Fri, May 09 2014, 2:49 pm
No it's not ok.

I always ask and get a preview for approval before it goes to print. I'm very particular with that and wouldn't publish with them again.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> The Imamother Writing Club